So what is your happiest sale purchase?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The $64 upgrade from Loom to the entire Air Instrument Expansion Pack has me pretty giddy, but I think having Spire back in my toolbox (with much better CPU performance since I sold it first time around) will get the most use of anything I bought during the sale. I can't complain about getting a Waves EP for $9 - that will certainly get me my money's worth (although getting Velvet with the AIEP will probably get me even more)!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I like AIR and Eventide, but really, I'm happiest with the deal on iZotope's Music Production Bundle 2. It gets used on everything.

ghettosynth wrote:I'm happiest with the deal on iZotope's Music Production Bundle 2. It gets used on everything.
I picked up that upgrade deal (from Ozone Advanced), too, but haven't had much chance to dive into any of the new products yet. Neutron seems like something I'll get good mileage out of.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Synthmaster 2.8 for only 49,-EUR per pluginboutique http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... ynthmaster

It is such a great Synth and the new ZDF Filter sounds awesome.

cryophonik wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I'm happiest with the deal on iZotope's Music Production Bundle 2. It gets used on everything.
I picked up that upgrade deal (from Ozone Advanced), too, but haven't had much chance to dive into any of the new products yet. Neutron seems like something I'll get good mileage out of.
I REALLY like Neutron. It finds little cuts that I wouldn't find but seem to improve the clarity, but, even without that feature, it's cool. I like having the ability to EQ two tracks in the same interface. I really like the transient designer and the exciter. I have no idea how I ever lived without regularly using a multiband transient designer. Like their EQ interface in general.

Beyond that though, Trash 2 is awesome and I'm using the hell out of vocal synth. I like inSight and even though I really like Ozone for mastering. I also really like some of the standalone plugins in oZone, e.g, the vintage EQ which is modeled on the Pultecs.

Finally, I had Nectar Elements for a long time and didn't use it much. I really like using Nectar. Not just for vocals, it's really a nice multi-fx with a useful overall interface. The delays and reverb are not complex, but sound good. It's really fast to setup a chain and the overall page gives you just the basic controls to tweak things.

For me, iZotope's U/Is are really productive. Well, inSight could use some work and DDLY sucks ass, but other than that, I like what they're doing.

I don't usually go crazy with sales but I did this year. :oops:
I got Slate's VMR for $99 and a some Eurorack modules during Perfect Circuit Audio's Black Friday sale (which thankfully extended over the weekend). I got Audio Damage's Proton module for $275 (normally $325) and ALM's PE-1 for $85 (normally $125). I'm pretty stoked.

justin3am wrote:I don't usually go crazy with sales but I did this year. :oops:.
Right !?! I think that Walmart put something in the water around here. I can't think of a better explanation.

ghettosynth wrote:
justin3am wrote:I don't usually go crazy with sales but I did this year. :oops:.
Right !?! I think that Walmart put something in the water around here. I can't think of a better explanation.
^The first thing they do when they take over a new town!! I honestly can't remember the few deals I got..picked up Mr. Alias Pro and discovered DopeVST BassEngine and BeatMachine, which are right up my wheel-house..nice, simple, great-sounding.

ghettosynth wrote: Finally, I had Nectar Elements for a long time and didn't use it much. I really like using Nectar. Not just for vocals, it's really a nice multi-fx with a useful overall interface. The delays and reverb are not complex, but sound good. It's really fast to setup a chain and the overall page gives you just the basic controls to tweak things.
I can definitely see getting a lot of use out of Nectar for certain situations, particularly when I want to dial in some quick ideas for vocals. I have my own FX chains that I use for vocals, but I can really see me using Nectar for quickly trying some alternate processing, giving the vocalist a better idea of what her vocals will sound like in the mix, etc.
ghettosynth wrote:For me, iZotope's U/Is are really productive. Well, inSight could use some work and DDLY sucks ass, but other than that, I like what they're doing.
I played with DDLY a bit already and really like it, but I agree that it belongs in the fugly plugins thread!

Wave Alchemy Synth Drums sample pack for $1.00 LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most recently? Eventide's Blackhole. It is giving me ideas outside of my normal songwriting. :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”