HOFA SYSTEM announced - Modular Effect Processor (Presale started)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just found this. Looks interesting

The HOFA SYSTEM audio plugin comes with unprecedented possibilities and makes the work on your mixes and productions easier, faster and better. Here you can find the most significant features in order to help you get started.

One plugin with many high-end modules

After inserting a HOFA SYSTEM plugin, you just drag modules like EQs, compressors, reverbs etc. out of the browser into the free space – simple as that. The modules are automatically connected from left to right.
You can drag as many modules as you like and change the sequence anytime.

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/hofa-system/
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

So, not unlike Slate VMR, Nomad Factory Analog Rack, SoundToys Effect Rack, LVC T-Chain... must be the latest craze :D
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:So, not unlike Slate VMR, Nomad Factory Analog Rack, SoundToys Effect Rack, LVC T-Chain... must be the latest craze :D
Yup, although HOFA dispenses with the vintage-looking GUIs and has simple, straightforward controls. Seems more flexible and quick to set up, esp. for parallel or M/S processing. The reverb demo sounds pretty good, too. And, you can't complain about the price.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

Definitely a good price. I've always been intrigued by their plugins but have never pulled the trigger on them.

Curious to see what people who end up buying it think of it.

cprompt wrote:So, not unlike Slate VMR, Nomad Factory Analog Rack, SoundToys Effect Rack, LVC T-Chain... must be the latest craze :D
I was thinking the same.

There is also one by kiloHearts and another one by Melda, and im pretty sure ive seen a couple more that are based on the à la carte system too.

Not exactly a craze...

Modular workflows have been sought after for a long time, but not many actually pull it off in a worth while way.

Naenyn wrote:Definitely a good price. I've always been intrigued by their plugins but have never pulled the trigger on them.

Curious to see what people who end up buying it think of it.
I've trialled the plugins before and liked them:

The EQ acts as a standard EQ, dynamic EQ, deEsser and Compressor all in the one plugin.
The compressor is pretty cool in that it allows you to pick a type of compression and dial it in with a flavour control. I like this concept in plugins as I find it's a good balance for my personal workflow between a classic plugin (often too complex) and a one knob approach (often too simple).

That being said, I didn't buy them because I couldn't justify using them over and above standard workhorse plugins I already own from fabfilter and izotope. However, I bought into their channel strip concept pre sale price today as I thought it was very reasonable for the quality being offered. In my package, I noticed I was getting two products for the €49 which were the system one and the reverb.

There is a picture on the site saying delay suite, modulation suite, harmonic suite etc so my thinking is for starters you get the plugins listed and the reverb, then as they develop more these will be paid upgrades to the system 1. Not 100% but that's how I read it.

ENV1 wrote: There is also one by kiloHearts and another one by Melda
I see system one as different to Kilohearts. I own the snapheap bundle and I see it more as a creative tool with each snap in having basic functionality and very easy to dial in. The snap in bundle really shines when it comes to modulation, it deals with modulation brilliantly and a whole load of fun to use but it could be argued that one doesn't need this if they have Bitwig as this DAW is based on similar workflow.

Looks good and the price is nice. I already have MXXX so I don't really need this, but I think they did a good job with this product.

Really looking forward to it. Tried the Melda MXXX before but it is... ...well, visually not my cup of tea and inconvenient from tweaking side :D

Kore2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aMUSEd wrote:Image
Kore2.jpg
:clown: :roll:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

ha- beat me to it :D

I was like hmmm this seems oddly familiar...

aMUSEd wrote:Image
Kore2.jpg
Very important post!!! The similarity!!! Stay vigilant!!! Keep us informed!!! Don't let them get away with this!!!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I have not tried this latest modular one but I have the rest of what they produce and I can say HOFA is really good. IQ-EQ has everything you need, sprectrum analyzer, dynamic EQ option, resizeable GUI. IQ-reverb is also one of my faves.

Return to “Effects”