lkjb SuperSpread

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My entry shouldn't be too complicated since it only has one knob but if you have any questions, suggestions or experience any issues, feel free to post here.

An interesting plugin, it could have fitted in the Waves One Knob series

MAN, that would be a really fascinating challenge!!! OKC, hahaha...the One Knob Challenge. Danged... I'd be totally in! :lol:
In MuLab it was one of the first things I did with the modular engine. Later I made a binaural version with panning, too.
Nice to have it as a sweet little, pure plugin, why not. :tu:

The panning curve is a bit steep; don't get me wrong, I love it, it's prolly the best option for the job alongside Widescreen. But sometimes I'd like it to be more sublte. Skinnable would be awesome ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Great one, but imho I think it needs a dry/wet button.

Its seems I always just can't find the sweetspot. 40% is not detuned enough, 50% is an unsatisfying compromise, and 60% is a great detune but the added signal is way too loud and makes the sound become a little mushy. No value gives the exact sound I'm after, I have to choose between not detuned enough and great detune but unclear signal.

If we could just 1/choose how detuned it needs to be, and 2/choose how loud the detuned signal has to be, it would be beyond awesome !
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Thanks for the comments. I thought about a detuned-gain control but wanted to keep the plugin simple. Should be very easy to add though when the voting is over.

This little toy is a pure win and you got 5 points for it from me :clap:

Suddenly made all my cheap plugins without unison so much better. Does wonders with Operator and other Ableton synths, as well as additive (Loom, Harmor). And it's free! Will be my chorus of choice from now on.
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Reaper x64 is not picking up lkjb_SuperSpread_64.vst3. The error is talking about a missing file on the PC called MSVCP140.dll.

The missing msvcp140.dll is due to some Microsoft stuff not being linked into the plugin dll. I will release an update next week with additional detuned-gain control where this will also be fixed.

As a workaround for the time being you can install the VS2015 redistributable from here

I doubt dry/wet knob is needed on this simple beauty, but additional "mix" control like JP8000 which changes amplitude of base and detuned voices could be handy.
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

At the moment I have a -24 to +6 dB gain added which controls the detuned amount but a control which allows to output only the detuned part might also be quite interesting.
A bit of a problem is that very low spread settings fade in the detuned signal (as the loudness would jump otherwise due to the doubled voices) so with a full detuned setting and spread=0 the output would be muted. I'll have a look what I can do.

An update is now available on the product page. I implemented the mix knob a bit differently (0-200 where 0 is dry only and 200 is wet only) but I think it is more versatile this way.

Thank you. Will give it a try. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”