I will not consider Bitwig because...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reminds me of those Bullshit plugins a few years back, for ye old people here.

incubus wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:I think it's a stupid name also.
They should change it to "Brit Cig". That would be way cooler.
Ewwwwwwwwww.
Allright. So as you can see, marketing is not my forte. :hihi:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Not one word either of yous have said has made any sense...NOT ONE BLOODY WORD! :x

BrokenTrance wrote:... of the stupid name.

I like Ableton Live. But it's very expensive. So i thought about Bitwig. But then i thought about the name. I'm very shallow, but i think it's a ridiculous name. Even though it's much much cheaper then Live, i don't want to use it because of its stupid name. How shallow am i on a scale from 1-10? Do i break the scale?

Flame Coat on.

Sorry for english, i hope you understand.
Most stupid name for a DAW ever: Logic.

:lol:

Doc Brown wrote:It's obviously an anagram for Gwibit which is German for "badass daw" or "frog" depending on translation.
If it's an anagram, wouldn't it be called "Giwtib"?
Lenovo_L412_i5-520m_@_2.4GHz|8GB_RAM|120GB_SSD|128GB_extMemory|Win_7|Live_9.7.7|volca_sample|Novation_Launchpad_Mk2-Launch Control_XL_Mk2-Audiohub_2x4-Circuit|Kaoss_Pad_Mini_2S|Allen&Heath_ZEDi-10|various_PlugIns|Tab_A6|Mazetools_Soniface

nostradamoose wrote:

I like Ableton Live. But it's very expensive. So i thought about Bitwig. But then i thought about the name. I'm very shallow, but i think it's a ridiculous name. Even though it's much much cheaper then Live, i don't want to use it because of its stupid name. How shallow am i on a scale from 1-10? Do i break the scale?

Flame Coat on.

Same reason most people shy away from Fruity Loops Studio. :cry:
:scared: "Feels guilty" :scared:

Numanoid wrote:Image
Image :oops:

Last edited by BrokenTrance on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrokenTrance wrote:
nostradamoose wrote:

Flame Coat on.

Same reason most people shy away from Fruity Loops Studio. :cry:
:scared: "Feels guilty" :scared:
Edwardamoose.

chk071 wrote:Edwardamoose.
You think so? I have to admit, this time he did a better job of disguising himself. He must have acquired some new machines for his evil laboratory. Either that, or I'm just getting dumber by the minute. :hihi:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:
incubus wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:I think it's a stupid name also.
They should change it to "Brit Cig". That would be way cooler.
Ewwwwwwwwww.
Allright. So as you can see, marketing is not my forte. :hihi:
:D

Kinh wrote:Not one word either of yous have said has made any sense...NOT ONE BLOODY WORD! :x
It's not supposed to, it's supposed to have silly cat pics, complaining about nothing important, and most of all ... be horribly enigmatic.

For the record, VPS Avenger solved one of the Bitwig biggest issue (for me ofc) the proper synth layering...

dunno why but it's missing from BWS
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

2ZrgE wrote:

Flame Coat on.

Most stupid name for a DAW ever: Logic.

:lol:
So is "Reason" that much better?

And what the hell is a "cubase"?

FL in FL Studio comes from "Fruity Loops". This is better than Logic?

Not bothered about the name but live is a better program overall with dedicated hardware to match
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

whyterabbyt wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:what I like about Bitwig is that there is only one version, unlike with most of the competition, which try to lure you with cheap, inferior entry versions. And sooner or later you realize that you have to upgrade in order to get certain features.
clue : https://www.bitwig.com/en/8-track/upgrade
Judging from the Bitwig shop there is only one paid version, the full version, which is also available to students/instructors at a lower price, but it's still the same full version.
8-Track seems to be just freeware bundled with keyboards, right?

That is all very different from Cubase, Ableton, FL etc.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”