What is it with pumpkin orange?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nothing wrong with orange. But only very few have managed to implement it well. Waves H-series above is a great example. Waldorf Microwave XT looks also supercool. All the other orange stuff is pretty craptacular.
No signature here!

The Korg ARP Odyssey module:

Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

robotmonkey wrote:Nothing wrong with orange. But only very few have managed to implement it well. Waves H-series above is a great example. Waldorf Microwave XT looks also supercool. All the other orange stuff is pretty craptacular.
Oxium, Sytrus, Rapid, craptacular?? Really?

I'll accept the arp as the original and Waldorf xt as a classic. Everyone else needs to stop imitating. I want to fall in love with my kit. I want it to be beautiful to use. I want it to be emotive.
Last edited by Dasheesh on Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exmatproton wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:Nothing wrong with orange. But only very few have managed to implement it well. Waves H-series above is a great example. Waldorf Microwave XT looks also supercool. All the other orange stuff is pretty craptacular.
Oxium, Sytrus, Rapid, craptacular?? Really?
Yes. Some of them could make you go blind. Oxium and Sytrus have horrible GUI-s, Rapid is kind of ok but looks very dated.
No signature here!

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I actually kind of like the orange, tbh.

pumpkin orange? SSL invented that.

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

masterhiggins wrote:Image

I actually kind of like the orange, tbh.
I really like the RX interface and I wish Izotope would replace the hideous green in Insight with that, or at least offer it as an option (along with other color schemes, which would seem to make the most sense for a metering system).

FWIW, I've got no problems with the use of orange in *most* of the products mentioned here.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Dunno if it counts as 'pumpkin' orange, but the Jomox Sunsynth is a nice shade of tango:

Rather fine sounding synth too, if just a tad buggy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bte1wyaG9k

True. I actually have a bigger problem with dark blue, which I've come to know as "dubstep blue."

masterhiggins wrote:True. I actually have a bigger problem with dark blue, which I've come to know as "dubstep blue."
It certainly is a bit boring.

Orange is not bad really, I think yellow is worse (and the worst for hardware). Well, any primary colour is horrible in GUIs and in hardware.

That wasn't that bad either.

No signature here!

I prefer orange to this:

Return to “Instruments”