Multiband stutter, reverse, scratch, tape-stop, glitch: Cableguys TimeShaper out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimeShaper

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
tonymax wrote: are the shaperbox versions exactly the same as the individual plugins but in a rack environment
See comments just above regarding differences between Filters Harper and the Core version
For FilterShaper 3 (individual) and FilerShaper Core (within ShaperBox) the differences are quite big, see my comment above.

TimeShaper and WidthShaper are only available in the ShaperBox.

Also VolumeShaper 5 and PanShaper 2 are only available in the ShaperBox, there's no standalone version. However they both use less CPU and less memory than VolumeShaper 4 and PanShaper 1 did. Besides that, interpolation improved (from a -120db noise ratio to about -160db, if I recall correctly), and there's a a new MIDI Trigger system to switch curves on the fly with the press of a MIDI key.

Jakob / Cableguys: Any chance for an update to ShaperBox that includes a sidechain input?

Edit: Whoops, nevermind! The midi-controlled effect version already has a sidechain input! Score! :tu:

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
tonymax wrote: are the shaperbox versions exactly the same as the individual plugins but in a rack environment
See comments just above regarding differences between Filters Harper and the Core version
For FilterShaper 3 (individual) and FilerShaper Core (within ShaperBox) the differences are quite big, see my comment above.

Also VolumeShaper 5 and PanShaper 2 are only available in the ShaperBox, there's no standalone version. However they both use less CPU and less memory than VolumeShaper 4 and PanShaper 1 did. Besides that, interpolation improved (from a -120db noise ratio to about -160db, if I recall correctly), and there's a a new MIDI Trigger system to switch curves on the fly with the press of a MIDI key.

thanks jakob,

any upgrade path from shaperbox to the full bundle if i need them at a later date, seems you get a lot with shaperbox!!

thanks

Tony

I only own VolumeShaper and I'm not that interested in the others right now.
Any way to make ShaperBox initiate with it already loaded?

tonymax wrote:any upgrade path from shaperbox to the full bundle if i need them at a later date, seems you get a lot with shaperbox!!
I think I can answer this on behalf of Cableguys. I picked up ShaperBox over the weekend and now in my account I have a nice big banner that says,
Upgrade to the Cableguys Bundle
The latest Cableguys Bundle contains Curve 2, FilterShaper 3, FilterShaper Core, TimeShaper, VolumeShaper 5, PanShaper 2, WidthShaper, and MidiShaper.

You can upgrade to the Cableguys Bundle for €169/$179 €104/$111, incl. VAT. Upgrade now.
Hope that helps! ShaperBox is awesome btw. :tu:

I see that VAT is included on all the prices... Is there way to view without VAT for US buyers?

elxsound wrote:I see that VAT is included on all the prices... Is there way to view without VAT for US buyers?
+1 on that request please Jakob.The VAT isn't taken off during the checkout so I aborted the transaction.

I thought the VAT charge is added on to the price where applicable during
check out. To me it reads like the prices listed on the Cableguys site
do not reflect the VAT Tax, It just says pay this price "including the VAT",
not "VAT Tax included" if you live in the EU.

Isn't Cableguys one of those companies that pay the VAT themselves, for their EU customers? So the prices mentioned on the site are including the VAT whenever applicable and Cableguys accept the smaller profit in those cases..

RichN wrote:Isn't Cableguys one of those companies that pay the VAT themselves, for their EU customers? So the prices mentioned on the site are including the VAT whenever applicable and Cableguys accept the smaller profit in those cases..
Yes, exactly.

The reason for this is that we want to communicate final prices. For example for ShaperBox Bundle, everyone has to pay €94 / $99, no matter where you live, and no matter if VAT applies to you or not. I think that's much better then displaying a price on our website or having a price in plugin reviews, and woooah out of a sudden it gets more expensive during checkout when VAT is added.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
RichN wrote:Isn't Cableguys one of those companies that pay the VAT themselves, for their EU customers? So the prices mentioned on the site are including the VAT whenever applicable and Cableguys accept the smaller profit in those cases..
Yes, exactly.

The reason for this is that we want to communicate final prices. For example for ShaperBox Bundle, everyone has to pay €94 / $99, no matter where you live, and no matter if VAT applies to you or not. I think that's much better then displaying a price on our website or having a price in plugin reviews, and woooah out of a sudden it gets more expensive during checkout when VAT is added.
Hmm...

The problem is that I apparently wasn't the only one who aborted a purchase after realizing the VAT was not deducted.

I'm also not a fan of paying VAT when its not applicable. That's a checkout issue, as most other electronic carts account for this depending on the location of the buyer.

It is possible to show the final price for included VAT for those buyers affected, without requiring everyone to pay VAT when it is not required.

Just bought Shaperbox, got to wait to get home to start playing more with it theme for a great product
Jakob / Cableguys wrote:

Also VolumeShaper 5 and PanShaper 2 are only available in the ShaperBox, there's no standalone version. However they both use less CPU and less memory than VolumeShaper 4 and PanShaper 1 did. Besides that, interpolation improved (from a -120db noise ratio to about -160db, if I recall correctly), and there's a a new MIDI Trigger system to switch curves on the fly with the press of a MIDI key.[/quote]

elxsound wrote: Hmm...

The problem is that I apparently wasn't the only one who aborted a purchase after realizing the VAT was not deducted.

I'm also not a fan of paying VAT when its not applicable. That's a checkout issue, as most other electronic carts account for this depending on the location of the buyer.

It is possible to show the final price for included VAT for those buyers affected, without requiring everyone to pay VAT when it is not required.
But Cableguys is taking the VAT hit,adding VAT at checkout you have people buying it through VPN to avoid VAT(which I'm guilty of),this cuts that method out as its the same price every where.

Its less money for the developer but I prefer this method.Every day luxuries work this way,go to buy a TV for €999 and vat is included already

ere2learn wrote:
elxsound wrote: Hmm...

But Cableguys is taking the VAT hit,adding VAT at checkout you have people buying it through VPN to avoid VAT(which I'm guilty of),this cuts that method out as its the same price every where.

Its less money for the developer but I prefer this method.Every day luxuries work this way,go to buy a TV for €999 and vat is included already
That's the polite way of looking at it...

Considering they are in the EU, then they already know about VAT, meaning the price decided must have taken VAT into consideration in the first place, so no you can't argue that they're taking a hit when this is simply a tax that is required.

Return to “Effects”