Studio One 3.3.2 update is out.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

nostradamoose wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:That's odd because I can't see anything in the updates list that addresses cpu performance per se.
Probably because those cpu issues reside on individual users' computers. Try doing a little research on the topic to resolve many of these so called "issues".

Which are most likely underpowered Mac Minis, Windows 7 and the BIOS settings, 3rd party plug-ins or using real time processing on tracks. :clap:
No that doesn't account for the fact that people are reporting, and I have experienced this myself, large differences in performance between S1 and other hosts on the same computer.

aMUSEd wrote:
nostradamoose wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:That's odd because I can't see anything in the updates list that addresses cpu performance per se.
Probably because those cpu issues reside on individual users' computers. Try doing a little research on the topic to resolve many of these so called "issues".

Which are most likely underpowered Mac Minis, Windows 7 and the BIOS settings, 3rd party plug-ins or using real time processing on tracks. :clap:
No that doesn't account for the fact that people are reporting, and I have experienced this myself, large differences in performance between S1 and other hosts on the same computer.
He's been told this probably a dozen times, it doesn't help. :dog:

I was hoping the latest update would help the CPU spiking /usage issue but as far as I can tell it's still happening. There is an out of control thread on the Presonus Studio One FB page about this topic. Unfortunately there is more misinformation than solutions. Hopefully the developers will work on this one and squash the bug.

Edit: Looks like the CPU spike thread was deleted from the Presonus FB page.
Last edited by tunafish88 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silaris wrote:This update has significantly, if not completely, eliminated CPU spikes on my main production PC. Good job, Presonus!
Thanks for the info .... I'm on an old i7 2.6 so I'm happy about this .

tunafish88 wrote: Edit: Looks like the CPU spike thread was deleted from the Presonus FB page.
Wow, what a surprise hahaha
Duh

bungle wrote:
tunafish88 wrote: Edit: Looks like the CPU spike thread was deleted from the Presonus FB page.
You ever considered that threads like those get deleted because people basically behave like cr**?

chk071 wrote:
bungle wrote:
You ever considered that threads like those get deleted because people basically behave like cr**?
You ever considered that Presonus delete threads all the time, they are actually famous for it, they are the worst heavy handed developers around, it was so bad a few years back that their forum lost most of the userbase, and now it is just full of total muppets.
Duh

After latest update Melodyne 4.1 stopped working

Check this out guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z90grQ7EcsY

The crosstalk simulation is quite amazing! With this one they really show the advantage of having this technology, I don't think this would've been doable with VST, not in an easy way to use at least.

nIGhT-SoN wrote:Check this out guys:

The crosstalk simulation is quite amazing! With this one they really show the advantage of having this technology, I don't think this would've been doable with VST, not in an easy way to use at least.
We already have a number of VST plug-ins with crosstalk though.

bungle wrote:
chk071 wrote:
bungle wrote:
You ever considered that Presonus delete threads all the time, they are actually famous for it, they are the worst heavy handed developers around, it was so bad a few years back that their forum lost most of the userbase, and now it is just full of total muppets.
You know, every single person which i know of, who got banned for something on a internet forum, was completely innocent too, according to their statements when their ban got lifted. :)

Another Studio One update...

....and I still get 3-4 crashes per work session.

I also still get 8-10% or more CPU spikes on the meter just by clicking a track. Every time.

Unacceptable.

And their "tech support" shoots me about one idea per week, none of which have helped so far. Awesome.

I'm on a iMac / El Capitan, fwiw. I know people who say S1v3 runs fine on their mac. I have no idea how. There's nothing weird about my setup. It's a 2016 Imac running a normal collection of audio programs, and that's it.

-M

Robert Randolph wrote:

I don't understand why anyone would want to emulate a bug?

Robert Randolph wrote:

Have you even watched the video? It's not just simple crosstalk, it now depends on where the channel is and what channels are nearby.
aMUSEd wrote:I don't understand why anyone would want to emulate a bug?
I don't understand why developers are trying to emulate hardware stuff in their VSTs since digital ones are more precise and do things spot on without mistakes? Also I don't understand why people still are allowed to play instruments when a computer can do it without mistake and every time will sound exactly the same which a human can't do.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”