Cubase 9

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Steinberg is no longer selling Cubase Pro 8.5 and Artist 8.5 on their website. :) Cubase 9 is imminent.

The upgrades to version 8.5 are still for sale. It's probably the last chance to get an inexpensive upgrade to 9.

Actually, the Steinberg site just closed down for the 9 launch!

love this....pretty much exactly what i wanted.

I'm excited too! I'm jumping ship from Mac to PC and need a powerful DAW. I've settled on Cubase 9 Pro.

Looks like they have finally gone for the one Window Studio One type approach (one of the reasons I switched to S1 3 from Cubase) Be interesting to check out this update....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Just watched the Video- It IS Studio One 3!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

And if/when you get it, update to 9.0.1

https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=13527&L=1

rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks for posting that, I was intending to upgrade but saw there is an unresolved issue around 32bit plug ins handled by "jBridge" to 64bit, that would be a showstopper for me currently, I'll hold a while.

If you are on mac 32 lives works fantastic, at least on my 32 bit only plugins.
Been trying to encourage them to do a PC version as jbridge is clunky, even clunkier when you compare it to 32 lives.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks zvenx but I'm on PC.

don1thedon wrote:Thanks zvenx but I'm on PC.
Understood. sorry.
Out of curiosity where did you hear there were still outstanding jbridge issues if you can say?
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”