Cubase 9 coming in December according to Guitar Center

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Well that looks like a comprehensive new feature list, and so the inevitable disappointment kicks in. Fortunately Fabio has already mentioned in the forum that there are performance improvements, giving hope that there might yet be significant under the hood changes that aren't listed. On the face of it, it's a pretty uninspiring list.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Well, that's it then. It probably is going to be out tomorrow. They've let out all of the details. As I suspected, there's not a lot that's actually new. The last updates have really been incremental.

That said, I'm hoping the sampler track is actually useful for me. I don't care about their new EQ, I'm settled on iZotope for parametric EQs for the most part.

Plug-in Sentinel sounds like some bullshit that hopefully can be disabled.

We didn't want features - just performance 'n bug fixes - remember? :wink:

(Although there may be civil unrest in some regions if Mix Recall hasn't been added...)
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

That's a bit disappointing...

vespesian wrote:We didn't want features - just performance 'n bug fixes - remember? :wink:

(Although there may be civil unrest in some regions if Mix Recall hasn't been added...)
Speak for yourself, I wanted BLOCKBUSTER features. Of course, since I'm on 7.5 and really don't even know all the stuff that's new there since 5.5, there's really a lot new for me anyway :)

Downloading 8.5 now in case the servers are hammered tomorrow.

How much usually the upgrade for Artist? I mean from Artist 8.5 to Artist 9?

I probably will upgrade to version 9 Artist (depending on the upgrade price!). I think for me, it will worth it just for the S1 like layout. I mean the mixer, transport and Edit can be in a single Window I suppose. Also for a better Windows 10 compatibility I hope.

I don't need the Pro version really. Artist is more than enough for me (for now) :D

Oh, just saw this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5OOvRErlEc

EnGee wrote:How much usually the upgrade for Artist? I mean from Artist 8.5 to Artist 9?

I probably will upgrade to version 9 Artist (depending on the upgrade price!). I think for me, it will worth it just for the S1 like layout. I mean the mixer, transport and Edit can be in a single Window I suppose. Also for a better Windows 10 compatibility I hope.

I don't need the Pro version really. Artist is more than enough for me (for now) :D

Oh, just saw this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5OOvRErlEc
If you had bought upgrade to Pro during the summer sale, you'd get it for less than you have to pay now for the update to Artist 9.

zyguli wrote:
If you had bought upgrade to Pro during the summer sale, you'd get it for less than you have to pay now for the update to Artist 9.
Yes, I know, but at that time I didn't have Cubase Artist ;)

Ah, ok. :)

guy what is the price to upgrade from 8.5 to 9 ? (pro) i think this is the same that 7.5 to 8 , but i don't know it!

Some new interesting features.. like Plug'n Play support on Windows and the lower pane to dock the mixer or other stuff. The new EQ looks also very interesting. If understand this correctly, now also sidechain input for VST2 plugins is supported... so this is the end of this quadro group routing workaround for such plugins.

really hope u can hide the transport

4damind wrote:If understand this correctly, now also sidechain input for VST2 plugins is supported... so this is the end of this quadro group routing workaround for such plugins.
Don't know anything about that...

What I saw him do was side-chain audio into a VST3 instrument; he fed some bass gtr signal in to Retrologue2, so you could use its filters on it, for example.

PS:- whats that volume/monitor(?) controller he's got on his desk in the vid..?
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

I really hope we don't loose the undocking of mixer and need to run in lower zone or something - it really looked like multidock in Sonar, but less restrictive.

Have to read up on full feature list later when up - but what I saw in video is no go for me - more like a dot 5 upgrade.
I'll wait for 9.5 next year or a campaign in summer and save activation for 9.5 .
There will be video engine update 8.5 later and that is all really needed right now - in my view they could has speeded that up instead.

But if they finalize what they started on picking tracks from another project into current - and no limitation but also get routings between them etc like track archives allow. Also support picking Rack Instruments and anything ready to go - would be enough for an upgrade. Huge timesavers reusing stuff like that.

Open/close sidebars - better than now with these strange views with checkboxes but not enough to upgrade. You have keyboard shortcuts for that as well already.

Maybe it is like some said - any changes will be cosmetic nowadays, most stuff are in place in most daws.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”