Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Version 1.021 worked almost good on my i5 quadcore, 20 Gb ram, W7 pro x64, Bitwig, onboard graphic chip system. Only some audio dropouts from time to time.

Then I installed 1.023 and the crackling was unbelievable (without vinylizer inserted).
In all 3 modes!

Advantage: In the system menu I could import the AKWF waves.
Immediately uninstalled the version and went back to 1.021. I can live with that occasional clicks and glitches for now until it gets fixed.
The average bored guy

@Synthmorph

nice review, can I link to it?

msvs wrote:can anyone who has that GPU/CPU-Fan problem contact keilwerth@vengeance-sound.com
we can send a fixed version to test
E-mail sent.

msvs wrote:@Synthmorph

nice review, can I link to it?
Sure.

tripleflows wrote:My review of Avenger:

Has a New King Been Born? - VPS Avenger Review
“there are virtually no modulation boundaries“
I disagree. Limited to 4 LFOs (there are workarounds for more but it is surely limited), no modulation mappers.

EDIT: 10/10, really?

Sampleconstruct wrote:.

Scores are so subjective. You can either be in the 'nothings perfect' camp or 'everything is just amazing!' camp. I have to admit that given the features I would be close to saying its a 10/10 for value (I am not having any issues, it runs great, sounds great and it was under 120 quid). It is ridiculously easy to use given the complexity (ease of use 9/10), it sounds great to me, especially the pads and arps -9/10) and for Value 10/10....

But then I would also give Falcon 10/10, Diva 10/10, Legend 10/10, so maybe I'm just easy ;-)

(Didn't computer music also give Avenger 10/10?)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Sampleconstruct wrote:EDIT: 10/10, really?
Definitely yes, because of its user experience... Falcon modulation is a bit different but also top-notch, HALion is unfortunately a bit behind even if it has detailed mappers but mod destinations are limited and I hate to select those entries from the hierarchical dropdown menus... I appreciate not just the features / sound but the way they interact on a nice gui. For me this is exceptional and speedy without getting lost.

If you get accustomed to Falcon, 4 LFOs could be limiting indeed but otherwise it can be enough. The devs can probably double it if they really want :D

And...I never encountered those serious stability problems listed here.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
msvs wrote:can anyone who has that GPU/CPU-Fan problem contact keilwerth@vengeance-sound.com
E-mail sent.
No more fan noise, even at a resolution of 100%, the praying and hugging helped.

SLiC wrote:

Scores are so subjective. You can either be in the 'nothings perfect' camp or 'everything is just amazing!' camp. I have to admit that given the features I would be close to saying its a 10/10 for value (I am not having any issues, it runs great, sounds great and it was under 120 quid). It is ridiculously easy to use given the complexity (ease of use 9/10), it sounds great to me, especially the pads and arps -9/10) and for Value 10/10....

But then I would also give Falcon 10/10, Diva 10/10, Legend 10/10, so maybe I'm just easy ;-)

no offense! I bought this yesterday!!! and also VERY MUCH appreciate all the presence of Manuel etc. i hope he will keep it up and finetune etc. BUT! NOTHING deserves full score (in the gaming world i have alot of experience!) if it'S technically still not well and has big issues. that doesnt mean the synth itself but the warning has to be also in the score until fixed.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Done and reported back to Rene.

Caine123 wrote:
SLiC wrote:

no offense! I bought this yesterday!!! and also VERY MUCH appreciate all the presence of Manuel etc. i hope he will keep it up and finetune etc. BUT! NOTHING deserves full score (in the gaming world i have alot of experience!) if it'S technically still not well and has big issues. that doesnt mean the synth itself but the warning has to be also in the score until fixed.
I agree completely. With one exception: (subjective, i know) Oddity2.
There is just nothing wrong with that one.
All other synths i own, lack something, or do a thing different from what i want it to do (again,,,subjective, i know). Most good synths i own and use, get a max score of 95/100 (Falcon, Diva and Repro-1 are examples of those)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
E-mail sent.
No more fan noise, even at a resolution of 100%, the praying and hugging helped.
Same here...but the fan's back with 2 instances for me.

db3 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
E-mail sent.
Same here...but the fan's back with 2 instances for me.
Yes indeed, with 2 instances of AV open the fan problem returns, not as bad and wild as before but it's still there.

Small niggle: When switching the reverb from room to arena, the reverb time does not update, one has to actually touch the time knob to update the setting. I reported it to Rene already, it seems a much faster way of communicating. Yay, first time I've paid for beta-testing :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:I reported it to Rene already, it seems a much faster way of communicating.
What address do you use for bug reports? I may have found a couple of bugs myself which I'd like to point out.

Edit: I've got it... several posts ahead.
Last edited by sircuit on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”