Cubase 9 coming in December according to Guitar Center

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

jlaws wrote:That's a bit disappointing...
Mixer undo is disappointing?

thebutler wrote:
4damind wrote:If understand this correctly, now also sidechain input for VST2 plugins is supported... so this is the end of this quadro group routing workaround for such plugins.
Don't know anything about that...

What I saw him do was side-chain audio into a VST3 instrument; he fed some bass gtr signal in to Retrologue2, so you could use its filters on it, for example.

PS:- whats that volume/monitor(?) controller he's got on his desk in the vid..?
Yes, you are right. It's a sidechain input for VST3 instruments.

bundoo wrote:really hope u can hide the transport
You can :)

Bezier curves in sampler track envelopes ... probably not in the rest.

No mention about different time signatures.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

ghettosynth wrote: Plug-in Sentinel sounds like some bullshit that hopefully can be disabled.
Maybe not. If they use this to replace that crappy initial scan (which makes the launching of the program opne of the slowest) I'll welcome it. IMO, the scanning function should be banned and plug-ins should be scanned ONLY when launched for the first time.

Cubase needs desperately to speed up the launching process.
Fernando (FMR)

Looking like an interesting release for me, several workflow improvements that I will use for sure.

fmr wrote:
ghettosynth wrote: Plug-in Sentinel sounds like some bullshit that hopefully can be disabled.
Maybe not. If they use this to replace that crappy initial scan (which makes the launching of the program opne of the slowest) I'll welcome it. IMO, the scanning function should be banned and plug-ins should be scanned ONLY when launched for the first time.

Cubase needs desperately to speed up the launching process.
Plug-in Sentinal sounds for me like a scanner for malware and corrupt plugins. Maybe that the idea behind this feature was to improve the long startup time. There is of course the question how skipped plugins can be enabled or how to force a manual re-scan etc. and yes... how this will improve the startup time.

hmm....not sure what I was expecting but for now....

color me unimpressed.

Brent if someone has zero issues with Cubase they aren't trying hard enough. There is a confirmed bug list on their own Steinberg Forum. There are no "show stopping bugs " for me but I have some odd behaviours from time to time and they show up in the confirmed bug list. So I don't expect perfect, just steady improvements and communication so I can avoid big crashes etc. I am downloading Cubase 9 now so we'll see. I like the priorities that they established for this release.

That being said. I use Cubase daily and it is a fantastically capable product.
Last edited by Scotty on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reevaluated a bit when I saw upgrade cost was less than 20% of new price, expected something like 30-35% and felt those improvements were not worth it.
So I went for it....

I decided to skip the pro upgrade and stick with artist for now. Also noticed that upgrade prices seem to have gone up. The upgrade from artist to pro was earlier €199 for the same version, and is now €249.

I find this update welcome though not exceptional, and wouldn't mind spending 80 bucks. The addition of the sampler track makes me wonder if its now possible to record from buses in the artist version. Thats one of the big missing features for me, so that would make it a no-brainer though somehow I doubt it.

It's out and their forum for Cubase 9 is also open.

Upgrade price from 8.5 Pro is 99€ and from 8 Pro 199€

re the sampler track it mentions you can then drop it into Halion or Groove Agent, Groove Agent SE, but not apparently Halion SE or I guess Kontakt.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

cubase 9 not compatible with OSX 10.10.x ?!!!!!

It worked exactly as planned. I got the 8.5 upgrade a a week ago or so, activated this morning, automatic upgrade to 9, saved me $100. It takes some of the sting out of the Cubase upgrades for sure. They're really proud of the x.0 releases.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”