Anyone noticed how Falcon presets are out of tune?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not goin' crazy, this isn't in my imagination. More than half the presets in Falcon are definitely out of tune. Now, I realize some of em, especially the leads have Xtreme lfos on pitch but others that aren't are as much as 1/4 of a semitone out. Anyone else picked up on this?

Id rather them be exactly a semitone out like the many Synthmaster presets than slightly gone.

Maybe you have changed the top right global tune to something else than 440 hz ?
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:Maybe you have changed the top right global tune to something else than 440 hz ?
No. Some are and some aren't

Kinh wrote:
otristan wrote:Maybe you have changed the top right global tune to something else than 440 hz ?
I am sure if you took the time to dissect each patch, you will find the reason for it being out of tune. A synth just doesn't go out of tune. The patch itself had to be programmed that way, just like some of the Synthmaster patches, which, by the way, drive me crazy. But that's why I make my own presets so I don't have this problem.

wagtunes wrote:
Kinh wrote:
I am sure if you took the time to dissect each patch, you will find the reason for it being out of tune. A synth just doesn't go out of tune. The patch itself had to be programmed that way, just like some of the Synthmaster patches, which, by the way, drive me crazy. But that's why I make my own presets so I don't have this problem.
Why do they have to be programed that way? If a patch's tuning is not the same as your project then that patch is useless as far as I'm concerned. It's not just Falcon, some Massive factory patches are out of tune too. It's really quite disturbing. :evil:

Did you give Falcon some time to warm up? Sorry, had to. :P

Kinh wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Kinh wrote:
Why do they have to be programed that way? If a patch's tuning is not the same as your project then that patch is useless as far as I'm concerned. It's not just Falcon, some Massive factory patches are out of tune too. It's really quite disturbing. :evil:
If these things disturb you, may I recommend a good psychiatrist? Seriously. So what? So don't use them. Not EVERY patch has to be programmed to YOUR liking. I don't like certain patches on some synths too. I don't come here and complain about them. I just ignore them and move onto the ones I do like.

chk071 wrote:Did you give Falcon some time to warm up? Sorry, had to. :P
You're a very bad boy.

Doesn't Falcon and Massive have a tune knob ?

Its designed for EDM, so being in tune is irrelevant ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I actually think its the other half of the presets that are out of tune.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Chances are it's a keyboard controller sending intermittent pitchbend messages.

Gamma-UT wrote:Chances are it's a keyboard controller sending intermittent pitchbend messages.
+1

Does the same thing happen even if your keyboard is not plugged in?

Or maybe try Falcon in a different DAW if you have one.

I had a similar problem with a cheap midi controller. It never returned to zero after using and resetting the pitch bend. Greg from OTS examined one of my midi files and pointed out the error.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Just like plastic, off tune is the new analog.

Return to “Instruments”