New Soundtoys Echoboy Jr. :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Psyclapse wrote:
cryophonik wrote:Well, this has been a nightmare. The installer jacked up my iLok Manager, causing me to have to uninstall/reinstall it multiple times, then reinstall EBJr, then reinstall iLok Mgr AGAIN! An hour later, everything is installed, nothing recognizes EBJr. Uninstall.
I can relate. I tried to demo echoboy in the sales a year ago and gave up in frustration (Win7). Seems like I'd have similar issues if I tried this one. And why do soundtoys force people to install every variant of every one of their plugins when you just want to test drive one type of one plugin? They installed at least 30 plugs on my system, then I couldn't get the iLok software to work. Gave up and rolled back system, not a good experience. :evil:
Somehow, I never have had an issue with installing iLok protected software, it simply always works with very little effort. However, I have some friends who also have a (home) studio and somehow, they often have issues too. Once I help them, there are no issues anymore, so I'm guessing most of the time it's user error but the software developer and/or iLok gets all the blame. I'm not saying it's user error all the time.. I'm saying that I'm guessing that it's most of the time user error. :ud:
Music... life would be boring without it.

kelvyn wrote:The altruism comes from their generous free software over the last years to all and by saying they were being fair to their paying customers I meant that we as Soundtoys purchasers receive EchoBoy Jnr for free. So yes! Altruistic!
I don't believe when using the word altruistic that I was specifically referring to EchoBoy Jnr. Sorry if that wasn't clear
Ok, yes, I agree with you there. I got a couple of the "little" plugins free over the years and paid for the rest of them last year during their charity run. Those, along with Sie-Q and Tremolator are excellent and in that context, then yes they have been altruistic. I just took exception to their website which states "The NEW EchoBoy Jr. is our Holiday gift to you" - but it's not a gift to me, just to certain subset of customers who have paid quite a lot.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Marando wrote:I have some friends who also have a (home) studio and somehow, they often have issues too. Once I help them, there are no issues anymore, so I'm guessing most of the time it's user error but the software developer and/or iLok gets all the blame. I'm not saying it's user error all the time.. I'm saying that I'm guessing that it's most of the time user error. :ud:
All I had to do was run an installer..? I don't think there's a lot of scope here for user error to be honest. And I'm not exactly a beginner.

sqigls wrote:the cost of my upgrade offer just went from $100 to $140, balls :(
anyone wanna buy all my Soundtoys plugins?
Are you sure it£s because of Echoboy JR? :?

They quite recently had a sale going on (Black Friday, Cyber Monday and about a week more, if I am not mistaken) that has ended bow - could that be the cause?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

sqigls wrote:the cost of my upgrade offer just went from $100 to $140, balls :(
anyone wanna buy all my Soundtoys plugins?
thats pretty normal for an ST version upgrade. The $100 price was for black friday/cyber monday. I picked up my v5 upgrade last year at the same sale price. 2 days later it was back to 150 approx.

e@rs wrote:Hope they will change all the black GUIs with something like this one. Much easier to see the knobs.
Yep. And do resizable guis. Size matters. :hihi:

There was an ilok update in the last week, unrelated to echoboy jr, @cryophonik maybe that was the issue more than echoboy jr specifically?
rsp
sound sculptist

cprompt wrote:
kelvyn wrote:If you look for the description of the word 'Altruist' in the encyclopedia you will now see... Soundtoys!
I love the free Sie-Q and the equally free Tremolator, but Echoboy Jr is not free if you do not own the full bundle or do not buy something right now. They are not being "altruistic" in this case, it is a reward for spending - or having spent - a lot of money.
Yeah, if the company don't give all new things for free, they are not altruistic... :dog:
I think its only good and fair that those clients who have invested their money to the whole bundle, will get some advantage comparing those who have not. :phones:

Harry_HH wrote: I think its only good and fair that those clients who have invested their money to the whole bundle, will get some advantage comparing those who have not. :phones:
Why? People who bought the whole bundle got the whole bundle. People who bought the odd plugin here-and-there got the odd plugin. What's the difference? Why the discrimination?
The NEW EchoBoy Jr. is our Holiday gift to you.
Like I say, calling a plugin a "gift" but only for some users is not a "gift" but a loyalty reward for the bigger investors. Semantics perhaps but it is what it is, and one thing it is not is a gift to me, even though I have bought SoundToys plugins in the past (just not enough, clearly).

Can your family call what they give you but don't give me a gift?
Stop whining already.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks for the Jr.

But I don't see any reason for me to use it instead of his "father"

Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

zvenx wrote:Can your family call what they give you but don't give me a gift?
Huh?

Well, I am part of the SoundToys family cos they have taken some of my money.
zvenx wrote:Stop whining already.
Sorry grandma.

Marando wrote: Somehow, I never have had an issue with installing iLok protected software, it simply always works with very little effort. However, I have some friends who also have a (home) studio and somehow, they often have issues too. Once I help them, there are no issues anymore, so I'm guessing most of the time it's user error but the software developer and/or iLok gets all the blame. I'm not saying it's user error all the time.. I'm saying that I'm guessing that it's most of the time user error. :ud:
I've never had any major problems installing iLok either, and I can't see where installing a plugin was user error (I've got dozens of iLok-protected licenses). Yeah, it's certainly possible, but it's sorta hard to go wrong by clicking "Next". As soon as I installed it, I started getting messages about missing components from the License Manager, which led to multiple uninstall/reinstalls, and restarts of PACE. The plugin was sitting there in the same folder as the others, the License Manager shows it active and authorized, but none of my DAWs were detecting it. Meh, I wasted enough time on it for now and have the full ST bundle anyway, so it's no biggie - I'll just wait for the next update and hopefully that'll fix it.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cprompt wrote:Like I say, calling a plugin a "gift" but only for some users is not a "gift" but a loyalty reward for the bigger investors.
synonyms for 'gift' :

'reward'

Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
cprompt wrote:Like I say, calling a plugin a "gift" but only for some users is not a "gift" but a loyalty reward for the bigger investors.
synonyms for 'gift' :

'reward'

Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus.
Kindly refrain from making sense :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”