RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

parawave wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
parawave wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
RichN wrote:
Soundplex wrote: But I'm looking forward to the new Rapid release. I doubt it will be bug free too since osx is a b**ch :lol:
It better be bug free, given their smug comments about Vengeance Sound. :clap:
+1 Making snide comments about other devs is not on, its a dick move.
Yes, of course, the new developer is the smug bad guy for criticizing an already established developer with a way bigger budget to release a bug plagued software. Seems fair.
Are you for real ! Why comment at all, concentrate on your own products, and yes you come across as a smug asshole for taking pleasure in another devs issues no matter who they are, jeez.
I wouldn't mind if I haven't read comments like:
"Parawave is an unknown developer so I don't trust him, but I trust other known developers, even if they fail!"
"What, you don't even release a Mac Version? You must hate us!"

Not real comments though, but an excerpt of different opinions. If people constantly bring up the Mac question and compare Rapid with Avenger, I wanted to make clear that there is a reason for delaying a platform. And sometimes it's the better alternative. I respect my potential customers enough that I don't burden them with error prone stuff. Even if they have to wait longer for the release. Stating "Oh, I guess it can't be helped, there are always errors, just release it anyway!" is not the right decision.

If I can't state my criticism in a public forum, then why do you state you opinion here anyway? You don't have to answer, you don't seem neutral enough for a fair discussion, so back to topic.

Man, Just a piece of advice. You are fine stating what you did. I admired your free spirit and individualism (it was kind of punk rock), but I wouldn't recommend getting dragged into an internet war. That's a downward spiral. Just be you. Be an independent.

chk071 wrote:
izonin wrote:Rushing a release and selling buggy software will only hurt the developer. Proper testing is the wiser decision. :tu:
Who, in your opinion, doesn't do proper testing, and rushes out a release? Really, it's often more difficult than one would think. You have a complex piece of software (dunno if you ever coded something... even a website can get very complex, and that's not really comparable with C++ coding AFAIC), you do multi platform, have all sorts of beta testers testing it on all sorts of different hardware configurations, and still, there's thousands of people out there with other hardware, or installed software constellations. ESPECIALLY a synth like Avenger, which is very complex, will be prone to bugs. Also, audio software companies are not AAA game companies, which have a budget of tens, maybe hundreds of millions, it's all pretty small, and, i'm sure they all do their best to prevent stuff from happening, and will be keen on fixing issues, when the plugin is being released.

You know what amazes me? That all this stuff is actually working so well. Our DAW's are rock stable compared to other software, most plugins just work, and bugs are hard to be found. Our OS's get more and more complex, and yet, they work fine, and bug free for the most part of it. THAT's what amazes me, not the amount of issues we find. I can only imagine what a tedious, and hard work it has to be, to get software that bug free, and stable. Of course, it's annoying when you run into issues with your new, shiny hundreds of € software, but, frankly, the early adopters also have to consider what they are doing there, especially in a business where devs can't shell out tens of thousands to test their software.
Well, I was speaking in general. But since you mention Avenger... What's interesting is that users said that Phalanx was buggy on release, too. So it seems like a pattern with Vengeance.

I haven't bought Avenger, btw.

Man, Just a piece of advice. You are fine stating what you did. I admired your free spirit and individualism (it was kind of punk rock), but I wouldn't recommend getting dragged into an internet war. That's a downward spiral. Just be you. Be an independent.
that is actually great advice. People on this forum already drove away other devs, hopefully Parawave will stick around.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

on the other hand parawave started to annoy people in one of their first posts. the serialz thing, the cpu thing, bash against serum, now the bugs. definitely no angel too :D
but i agree. focus on your plugins. other hot companies didn't mention rapid negatively even in 1 post. they're professional and long enough in the bussiness to know how hard it can be to release a product even without getting additional fights with other devs :wink: i'm pretty sure you'll have to fight against bugs as well as soon as new features come up.

frizzbee wrote:on the other hand parawave started to annoy people in one of their first posts. the serialz thing, the cpu thing, bash against serum, now the bugs. definitely no angel too :D
but i agree. focus on your plugins. other hot companies didn't mention rapid negatively even in 1 post. they're professional and long enough in the bussiness to know how hard it can be to release a product even without getting additional fights with other devs :wink: i'm pretty sure you'll have to fight against bugs as well as soon as new features come up.

well this does sound better than Serum to me...I know Serum is precious to many but to me Rapid is THE best sounding soft synth. Avenger doesn't sound nearly as good imo and I am sure there are others who agree with me.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

what about aftertouch as source in modulation ?

Been owning this one for a day and I must say my mind is blown! It beats every soft synth I've ever tried. :clap:

Here is a bunch of modulation going on in this experimental preset I made, just holding down one key. It is one layer with just one oscillator being used.
https://soundcloud.com/examigan/rapid-test

Examigan wrote:Here is a bunch of modulation going on in this experimental preset I made, just holding down one key. It is one layer with just one oscillator being used.
https://soundcloud.com/examigan/rapid-test
crazy shit! :clap:

@parawave

You know what? Go ahead and talk about people who attack rapid, but to attack Vengeance in this forum just because u have issue with them backstage is just petty.

I haven't read any bad word from Manuel about your plugin publicly. But you have been attacking them from day one.
musisikamar.com

starflakeprj wrote:@parawave

I think Rapid is fantastic. Rock solid, great sounding, easy to program (you get great results every time). Also I'm looking forward to the coming features like importing wavetables and samples, which will make Rapid top notch! I have both Avenger and Rapid, and yes, Avenger is a little shaky at the moment, not always behaving the way I would like. If I had to choose one of them today, it would be Rapid, even if I believe Avenger is a little more "advanced", with better modulation possibilities. And yes, I think Avenger has a better looking GUI, but Rapid's is easier to navigate and understand, it's more straight forward.

It's true Vengeance is a well known developer, and Parawave is an rising star. I very much believe in your development of Rapid, you have made it easy for anyone to get great sounding results.

But...there is always a but. Even if there are a lot of comments that aren't fair (imo), like the lack of a Mac version, price (including the "early bird" pricing), you need not to get provoked. I think it's important for a new developer to be humble, even if they/he/she meet a lot of criticism. And it's extra important not to bring up other developer's flaws, better show your own strengths instead, otherwise you will get a bad reputation. Mentioning flaws of others (I'm sure your comment about Vengeance and Avenger was to be taken with a grain of salt, but irony easily gets lost on the internet) is more a work of a politician.
Very good post.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:@parawave

I think Rapid is fantastic. Rock solid, great sounding, easy to program (you get great results every time). Also I'm looking forward to the coming features like importing wavetables and samples, which will make Rapid top notch! I have both Avenger and Rapid, and yes, Avenger is a little shaky at the moment, not always behaving the way I would like. If I had to choose one of them today, it would be Rapid, even if I believe Avenger is a little more "advanced", with better modulation possibilities. And yes, I think Avenger has a better looking GUI, but Rapid's is easier to navigate and understand, it's more straight forward.

It's true Vengeance is a well known developer, and Parawave is an rising star. I very much believe in your development of Rapid, you have made it easy for anyone to get great sounding results.

But...there is always a but. Even if there are a lot of comments that aren't fair (imo), like the lack of a Mac version, price (including the "early bird" pricing), you need not to get provoked. I think it's important for a new developer to be humble, even if they/he/she meet a lot of criticism. And it's extra important not to bring up other developer's flaws, better show your own strengths instead, otherwise you will get a bad reputation. Mentioning flaws of others (I'm sure your comment about Vengeance and Avenger was to be taken with a grain of salt, but irony easily gets lost on the internet) is more a work of a politician.
Very good post.
+1

Messing around with the hue setting in the nVidia color panel. Rapid looks pretty nice in light blue!

[2ct] The only coding person on this planet who can afford to emit an attitude like we encounter here is the legendary Mr. Gol. Never (repeat: never) had a crash with IL's software - e.g. using FL since version 1.72. In fact, his sometimes grumpy conversation style adds to his personality in a special, which means: cool way. [/2ct]

Return to “Instruments”