XLN RC-20 Retro Color

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RC-20 Retro Color

oh that :-). My guess is that it is also part of their software protection.
see for me it is perfect to the point that even their competitor toontrack did something similar. My only complaint is I want to be able to choose what format plugins are installed.

rsp
sound sculptist

I also like the install app. What gets to my nerves in the freedom they take to create folders in Documents on Windows. They don't care if they mess up with your folder management.
dedication to flying

Yup, that does annoy me to no end... my pc, I choose where it goes. I did mention it during the beta years ago, they considered and said it would be looked at at a later date. Was never revisited afaik, and they are QUITE slow with updates (to be fair, they're usually rocksolid when they hit the streets).
Eternitysound VST Banks

I actually love the install process. It works great for all the add-ons to AD and AK, plus works great for installing the demo to RC-20.

Here's another one I was impressed with. I don't know that I need it, but I do like it!

I do wish there was more control over the Vinyl options, or that there would be more vinyl noise options to choose from.

Well I'm not hearing much about the actual plugin here. How does it sound? What's the CPU like? I'm a huge fan of Lo-Fi stuff, but as someone who owns speakerphone, Chipcrusher, Sonitex, Izotope Vinyl, Audiothing's thing, and a couple other sound degraders, it's gonna have to do something special or be insanely easy or insanely low on CPU use. Anyone using it yet?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I played with the demo. It does bad tape better than most other things I've tried. The CPU isn't bad at all. It barely registers. If I didn't have so many other sound destroyers I'd be all over this. It's very easy to use and can achieve most Lo-Fi effects that you could want.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

how is it compared to satin?

if you got speakerphone would RC-20 have any benefit?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Around $15-$20, a big mayyyybe.

$80... :nutter:

zvenx wrote:
J4R1O wrote:I just remembered that XLN has the most annoying installation procedure ever. Skipped.
Curious to know in what way?
It installs itself. W

rsp
I don't want to install any music software/samples on my system drive, but with the XLN installer you have to install the core (AD) on your system drive (C:). Toontrack's installer works great: I can choose where to install the Superior Drummer software and all my 200 GB of SDX/EZX sample libraries.

Also:
zvenx wrote:My only complaint is I want to be able to choose what format plugins are installed.
GeorgeZ wrote:my pc, I choose where it goes.
rod_zero wrote:What gets to my nerves in the freedom they take to create folders in Documents on Windows. They don't care if they mess up with your folder management.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

Just saw this on sale at Plugin Boutique. Looks really interesting. Is there a way to install this offline?

chili beans wrote:Just saw this on sale at Plugin Boutique. Looks really interesting. Is there a way to install this offline?
No offline installs for XLN Audio products (as of May 2012)

Ah_Dziz wrote:I played with the demo. It does bad tape better than most other things I've tried. The CPU isn't bad at all. It barely registers. If I didn't have so many other sound destroyers I'd be all over this. It's very easy to use and can achieve most Lo-Fi effects that you could want.
Yeah, you seem to be covered.

This is definitely a great too, but I wish it came out years ago.

Again, I really hope they build on the noise module. Its amazing, but still basic.

Ah_Dziz wrote:Well I'm not hearing much about the actual plugin here. How does it sound? What's the CPU like? I'm a huge fan of Lo-Fi stuff, but as someone who owns speakerphone, Chipcrusher, Sonitex, Izotope Vinyl, Audiothing's thing, and a couple other sound degraders, it's gonna have to do something special or be insanely easy or insanely low on CPU use. Anyone using it yet?
I thought I posted examples on all that on page one..maybe I was asleep and dreaming.

elxsound wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:I played with the demo. It does bad tape better than most other things I've tried. The CPU isn't bad at all. It barely registers. If I didn't have so many other sound destroyers I'd be all over this. It's very easy to use and can achieve most Lo-Fi effects that you could want.
Yeah, you seem to be covered.

This is definitely a great too, but I wish it came out years ago.

Again, I really hope they build on the noise module. Its amazing, but still basic.
I seriously hope I am not the only one who is hearing the bad tones some of these modules are adding. I would hate to suffer noticing them on a final recording and wishing to go back and adjust it. Basically, turn the mix of the modules all the way up to test what new tones may be hiding in your mix. Then adjust the other settings of the module to hopefully reduce/cut that out. --then back down on the mix of course.

Scotty wrote:Let's hope the plugin is more compelling than this demo track.
That demo track was fine and perfect for me to hear the plugin's effect. 8)
I'm glad when plugins like this are demonstrated with house, techno etc. Not the usual rock, metal, "drumbreak-plus-some-sample" and such.

Return to “Effects”