Cubase 9 coming in December according to Guitar Center

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

If you select a track in the lower zone mixer, does it show the inspector pane for that track on the left? Could you just do that and have the sends and inserts open there? Just curious as I haven't bought yet (but plan to).

Also, a few minor editing features covered here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2rJn_09jVY

Not sure if every one of them are new, but still gives a good overview of some things.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Well my experience of it so far has been very good. I love the lower zone and none of my plugins were blacklisted (apart from 32 bit versions I never use). I like the automation parabola's. Still early days though so see how I go

koolkeys wrote:If you select a track in the lower zone mixer, does it show the inspector pane for that track on the left? Could you just do that and have the sends and inserts open there? Just curious as I haven't bought yet (but plan to).
Yes.

(thanks ghetto - thank gawd the lower zone can be turned off. You can only use the Sample Track with the Lower Zone though, right? I honestly don't think I'll miss it, mind - the time stretch quality is atrocious. Either way, that's 2 out 3 of the Big Features no use to me, and Elements doesn't have the third, Mixer History. Not very inspiring).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Surely the Time stretching in the Sample track has multiple Algo's?

I'm still downloading the update so I can't confirm this, but why would they only have the one, when the other TIme Stretch options within Cubase all have multiple options for Stretching....?
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Does Cubase Pro 9 work on a Windows 10 IF you use any of the high contrast themes?

Frequency has 96dB/Oct slope choice on hipass/lopass.

ghettosynth wrote:Frequency has 96dB/Oct slope choice on hipass/lopass.

Frequency appears to be just a re-skinned version of the mastering EQ in Wavelab 9: in which case, why not provide the whole of WL9's (excellent) mastering suite... :?
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

vespesian wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Frequency has 96dB/Oct slope choice on hipass/lopass.

Frequency appears to be just a re-skinned version of the mastering EQ in Wavelab 9: in which case, why not provide the whole of WL9's (excellent) mastering suite... :?
Well, the reason is probably that they want to sell Wavelab 9. I'm not that interested in it for the most part, I'm not going to wait for Steinberg to provide mastering tools when they naturally have motivation not to provide the best tools possible. I use other vendors for all plugins and consider what comes with the DAW to mostly be a bonus.

Every other DAW product should take note of the Mixer History. Imo, that's the only correct way to do universal undo and still please everybody, by splitting it up that way. :tu:

LawrenceF wrote:Cubase has docking windows now? :-o I had my doubts if that would ever happen.
I'll now go look outside to see if I see any farm animals flying Air Force jets. :hihi:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

So enjoying this today. I think that they must have had my clone in their testing department. I hate to sound like a fanboy but this workflow was made for me. They have taken a lot of what I like about Reaper and Live and made Cubase a lot less annoying to get things done while still retaining its powerful features.

No, the lower zone isn't perfect, but, it's the right amount of mixer for while you're editing. When you want to focus deeply on the mix, it's still there with the main mixer window. I like the the editors appearing in the lower pane when you double click, if you've worked with live, you're used to this. It's much better than opening up a full window that blocks your view of the rest of the project. When you need that view, it's there for you. The transport is perfect, always there, always in the same god damned place, and never underneath or on top of anything else.

Can someone confirm the following:
1. You already own Cubase 8.0
2. You register Cubase 8.5 today

Do you get Cubase 9 for free?
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

LGK_Dude wrote:Can someone confirm the following:
1. You already own Cubase 8.0
2. You register Cubase 8.5 today

Do you get Cubase 9 for free?
No, but, I can confirm that if you own 7.5 the rest follows. I don't see why 8.0 would be any different?

MFXxx wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
MFXxx wrote:Wow a shed load of plugins blacklisted, this will be fun!!!

Pretty much most of izotopes (all vst2), a couple of Korgs (midifilters and mixer 1,2,3) and Xilsfiles 64 and Kick 2.
In a sense, I think that this is good. It might force some vendors to start taking this a bit more seriously. I think that it might be good if to name names here, so, right off the gate, some of my Ircam plugins were blacklist.
After some testing it appears to have blacklisted only the Izotope vst2s not the vst3s which is fine and the xilslabs plugins work. So all good. Not tested the Korg bits yet.
There is a render issue with izotope Trash 2 VST3 that izotope refuse to fix - if you use automation and bounce offline, the VST3 will not follow the automation, but the VST2 does. Their solution was to use the VST2 and not the VST3 in Cubase. Wonder what I'm suppose to do now, lol.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”