Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Oh, some observations of the V1.023 OSX version:

The refresh rate is now so low, personally I would prefer the version with 60Hz and another way to lower GPU usage...

Also this low refresh rate now leads to heavy tearing while moving controls, which looks really ugly. Maybe it's because I run my DAW using the following QuartzGL switch in the DAW's Info.plist, so screen sync is disabled:

Code: Select all

CGDisableCoalescedUpdates = YES

Tested version 1.0.23 on Win7. Avenger now takes up to 10 seconds during instantiation. Default 75% has blurry fonts again. Resizing will flicker and in one case I had the ui flickering even after resizing. I couldn't tweak any knobs then anymore. The eco mode didn't change anything to the gpu or cpu resources. But now even in high mode it doesn't look smooth anymore. Maybe a bug with these fps settings and they don't do anything and stay low? A simple arp preset (AR Bass Flange Farter, 2/32 voices, osc 2) takes about 10% on my i7-4930k even after deactivating the fx. This is way to high! I can play complex sounds with Diva and they're not even close to 10% :D While tweaking some modulation matrix entries Avenger just crashed. Scrolling the route is laggy. The font's jumping along the pixels. And sometimes some tearing appears. Can't see a way of bypassing a complete fx chain. Would be handy when having multiple OSCs routed to 1 fx chain. Having 2 editors of Avenger open and moving one of them around results in white or black rects drawn where the editor has been. Can't get rid of them. Opening the editor while a preset is playing sometimes results in a short sound-loop and a crash, too. The arp isn't tight in timing.

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Thanks! How long will that Xmas-discount last? Until xmas? :)
All December.

I downloaded v 1.023.
Tried it in Reaper and in Live 9 , both latest version.
GUI scaled at 65 %
Loaded up a Drum preset.

Issue i experience:
When i draw in notes in Drum sequencer quite rapidly, i get audio hickups;
The audio just freezes for short moments, also the playhead in Drum sequencer.
Also, macbook fans getting in overdrive during drum sequence editing
Drumsequencer unusable.

Macbook Retina 2015.
OSX 10.12.1
Reaper 5.30pre9 - 64bit.
Live 9.7
Rob van Hees

I found a bug...
"bypass plug-in (DAW)" not working on Cubase8.5/9 (Windows)

How do you import the expansion library? It says in instruction, "To import this expansion, open VPS Avenger
and drop this file onto the editor of VPS Avenger.
This will start the import for the expansion"

Where is the Editor? I try to drag and drop the expansion file and it has that round "prohibit" sign everywhere. I also could not drop the license file- I had to import it by Browse to the file location. I am not sure Drop works in my DAW (Sonar). If I remember correctly, Phalanx had Import button but I don't see it in Avenger. Thank you.

Phalanx had Import button but I don't see it in Avenger. Thank you.
it should be there when you first open the plugin (question dialog)
if not, the import button can be found on the SYS tab page / content
The refresh rate is now so low, personally I would prefer the version with 60Hz
you can set the FPS on the SYS page tab
ECO ist low framerate (~20hz)
MID is medium (30hz)
and High has the (60hz)
be aware that a good looking plugin takes CPU. Its like with detail settings in computer games.

Astralv wrote:How do you import the expansion library? It says in instruction, "To import this expansion, open VPS Avenger
and drop this file onto the editor of VPS Avenger.
This will start the import for the expansion"

Where is the Editor? I try to drag and drop the expansion file and it has that round "prohibit" sign everywhere. I also could not drop the license file- I had to import it by Browse to the file location. I am not sure Drop works in my DAW (Sonar). If I remember correctly, Phalanx had Import button but I don't see it in Avenger. Thank you.
You're probably using the demo version. Uninstall the demo version, then download and install Avenger using your account/email sent when you bought it.

msvs wrote: it should be there when you first open the plugin (question dialog)
if not, the import button can be found on the SYS tab page / content

you can set the FPS on the SYS page tab
ECO ist low framerate (~20hz)
MID is medium (30hz)
and High has the (60hz)
be aware that a good looking plugin takes CPU. Its like with detail settings in computer games.

I understand that a good looking plugin takes CPU, and for me the Avenger doesn't takes that much, I'm able to run 3/4 instances simultaneously in Ableton and my CPU is at 19%. On the other side it's still going hard on my GPU and this is what makes my computer crash I guess. The 0.23 version is better though, I'm able to run more than 1 instance without crashing now. But still, I'm making music, not graphics, i'm not supposed to have an uber GPU card in order to run a synth plugin.

msvs wrote:regarding the CPU/GPU bug, we think we found the bug. On PC its already fixed, now Mac
Next version tomorrow, which should bring the % down to normal values!
You mean tell which version?
Version 1.0.23 is very heavy load on the processor, up to 100%.
When will the next update?

maxxl1 wrote:
msvs wrote:regarding the CPU/GPU bug, we think we found the bug. On PC its already fixed, now Mac
Next version tomorrow, which should bring the % down to normal values!
You mean tell which version?
Version 1.0.23 is very heavy load on the processor, up to 100%.
When will the next update?
I also have still Heavy cpu usage! Even Hardcore presets in Serum have no prob
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I also noticed that running AV in ECO mode causes the DAW to freeze frequently, like everything stalls for a moment and then goes back to normal.

Sampleconstruct wrote:I also noticed that running AV in ECO mode causes the DAW to freeze frequently, like everything stalls for a moment and then goes back to normal.
Simon, I have noticed that since using Avenger, everything sort of freezes for a few seconds and this is before there ever was an ECO mode. I have no proof that it's Avenger causing the problem but I just find it strange that it's been happening since installing it.

Thank you for your help, was able to import expansion through Sys. But why is there File menu bigger and visible, if we can not open library through it?

How do I resize it? This UI is huge. Thank you very much.

Astralv wrote:Thank you for your help, was able to import expansion through Sys. But why is there File menu bigger and visible, if we can not open library through it?

How do I resize it? This UI is huge. Thank you very much.
Upper left corner, choose the % or drag using the small button in the lower right corner.

Return to “Instruments”