Falcon questions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HcDoom wrote:For those who already spent enough time with Falcon...do you find it as "the one to rule them all" synth? Both sound and possibility wise?
Yes

I am confident the answer to this question will be a 'yes', but I need to be sure.

Can I lay N samples over the keyboard and give each single sample its own configuration like:
  • DAHDSR envelope with linear attack and exponential decay and exponential release;
  • another such DAHDSR envelope but now to modulate filter cut off and pitch;
  • fine tune;
  • 2 triangle LFO's with delay to modulate pitch, volume and filter cut off.
Just like the good old soundfont (.sf2) files by Creative and E-Mu:

Dúnedain

Dúnedain wrote:I am confident the answer to this question will be a 'yes', but I need to be sure.

Can I lay N samples over the keyboard and give each single sample its own configuration like:
  • DAHDSR envelope with linear attack and exponential decay and exponential release;
  • another such DAHDSR envelope but now to modulate filter cut off and pitch;
  • fine tune;
  • 2 triangle LFO's with delay to modulate pitch, volume and filter cut off.
Just like the good old soundfont (.sf2) files by Creative and E-Mu:

Yes, you can. Per keygroup (which is neat :) )

I assume the Falcon sampler has the option for naive interpolation for samples, just like good old 90s synths and samplers?
Dúnedain

So if I undertand correctly , you drop modules on keyzones .
So I could drop 12 drumsynth modules and create a kit starting from C3-->C4. :?:

edit ...saw some you tube demos ...it's becoming clear ...
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:So if I undertand correctly , you drop modules on keyzones .
So I could drop 12 drumsynth modules and create a kit starting from C3-->C4. :?:
For instance, yeah. I once did a full 128 instr. set-up across a key range. Easy and fast to set-up, just drag'n'drop

Dúnedain wrote:I assume the Falcon sampler has the option for naive interpolation for samples, just like good old 90s synths and samplers?
It has 3 settings; low, standard and best.

Another easy question (I can't demo and it is expensive so I need to ask):
Does the sampler respond to pitch bend?
Dúnedain

Dúnedain wrote:Another easy question (I can't demo and it is expensive so I need to ask):
Does the sampler respond to pitch bend?
Yes, it does

Dúnedain wrote:Another easy question (I can't demo and it is expensive so I need to ask):
But you can read the freely available PDF manual. ;)

Where to get a boxed version of Falcon? Already searched for some retailers but couldn't find one
Dúnedain

Dúnedain wrote:Where to get a boxed version of Falcon? Already searched for some retailers but couldn't find one
I think there is no boxed version. But the download is under 2GB.

How do Falcon's granular capabilities compare to Alchemy?

skyscape wrote:How do Falcon's granular capabilities compare to Alchemy?
for starters;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqJrkOGEhfU

Return to “Instruments”