SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Actually, that analog soundset pretty good, but, that's BT, and most of his patches sound good. I didn't like this too much again though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB69dov8sHk

The new filters sound better, but, i hear a similar characterstic to the filters before. Guess i should just demo it again. And, again, this is just my opinion, feel free to disagree, and, Bulent, don't feel offended. There's a whole lot of people liking your synths. You can't please everyone. I'm very picky too about my stuff.

I know what you mean. Init Saw -> ADSR to LP24dB cutoff with sustain to zero, decay short and a synth must sound good. That is my first testing procedure with every new synth.

Taurus wrote:I know what you mean. Init Saw -> ADSR to LP24dB cutoff with sustain to zero, decay short and a synth must sound good. That is also my first testing procedure with every new synth.
Same over here...lol

However, when a synth has multiple filter variants, i test all LP variants. And with the 2.8 update, some differences are put in the synth. Positive differences for me at least. Also, i do the same test with a moving pulse. From 1% to 50% by a slow lfo> gives me an overall feel of changing sound inside the filter.

exmatproton wrote:
Taurus wrote:I know what you mean. Init Saw -> ADSR to LP24dB cutoff with sustain to zero, decay short and a synth must sound good. That is also my first testing procedure with every new synth.
Same over here...lol
Yep. :lol:

Anyway, gonna download the demo later, as it's really been a time since i gave it a try. It's a bit unfair to discuss otherwise. :)

chk071 wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
Same over here...lol

Anyway, gonna download the demo later, as it's really been a time since i gave it a try. It's a bit unfair to discuss otherwise. :)
:tu:

chk071 wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
Same over here...lol

I'm glad to see that other people have a very similar method for testing a new synth. I must admin that the build in synth MaiTai from StudioOne sounds much fatter and warmer. Was I to blind?

Just downloaded and play a bit with the demo (15 mins demo time is much too short though). The new filters are impressive. Nicely done, and don't seem to touch the CPU very much either. Overall, the tone is a bit too harsh for my liking though. And i still don't dig the workflow, too much clutter in the interface, i wished that it was more straight forward. And why the need to waste one of the "cells" with the routing anyway? If someone wants to do routing, then i'd think this could be made in an optional tab, rather than putting it in the first cell, and making it the default view (the first cell should be the oscillators, then filters, then envelopes, and then maybe a cell for optional stuff like the arpeggiator, routing, and what not). The menus in the mod matrix are also way too crowded, took me a few seconds to find such a common mod target as the filter cutoff (why isn't this pre-routed in the init patch anyway?). Anyway, i do get that it's a very complex synth, but, i didn't like the GUI when i owned it, and that hasn't changed much. IMO, needs an overhaul.

Anyway, sorry to not being able to get too much cheerful out of me, it just isn't my cup of tea. Fair enough, i'm pretty sure it's a great synth for others. :) I also think it's great that Bulent also listens to people who criticize a few things, takes note, and tries to imrpvoe on the points of critics, that's great. I'll try this again in a year or so, maybe it's more pleasing to me then.

chk071 wrote:Just downloaded and play a bit with the demo (15 mins demo time is much too short though). The new filters are impressive. Nicely done, and don't seem to touch the CPU very much either. Overall, the tone is a bit too harsh for my liking though. And i still don't dig the workflow, too much clutter in the interface, i wished that it was more straight forward. And why the need to waste one of the "cells" with the routing anyway? If someone wants to do routing, then i'd think this could be made in an optional tab, rather than putting it in the first cell, and making it the default view (the first cell should be the oscillators, then filters, then envelopes, and then maybe a cell for optional stuff like the arpeggiator, routing, and what not). The menus in the mod matrix are also way too crowded, took me a few seconds to find such a common mod target as the filter cutoff (why isn't this pre-routed in the init patch anyway?). Anyway, i do get that it's a very complex synth, but, i didn't like the GUI when i owned it, and that hasn't changed much. IMO, needs an overhaul.

Anyway, sorry to not being able to get too much cheerful out of me, it just isn't my cup of tea. Fair enough, i'm pretty sure it's a great synth for others. :) I also think it's great that Bulent also listens to people who criticize a few things, takes note, and tries to imrpvoe on the points of critics, that's great. I'll try this again in a year or so, maybe it's more pleasing to me then.
Yes, they are overhauling the GUI for the 3.0 version (for 2018 I think), I hope they get in contact with professional GUI designers if they haven't already, I also think it is a big weakness of the synth. It has got better with the Satyatunes skin, but the placing of all the controls is not appropiated.

Will Synthmaster One have a vocoder? If so can you add a gain control. Often times in SM after vocoding something the sound is way too low. I usually have to add a compressor afterwards just to increase the volume.

I'm really excited to try SM One

Chandlerhimself wrote:Will Synthmaster One have a vocoder? If so can you add a gain control. Often times in SM after vocoding something the sound is way too low. I usually have to add a compressor afterwards just to increase the volume.

Yep, it has the vocoder and all the existing effects in SM.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Chandlerhimself wrote:Will Synthmaster One have a vocoder? If so can you add a gain control. Often times in SM after vocoding something the sound is way too low. I usually have to add a compressor afterwards just to increase the volume.

I will sell it for $29
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=474833

Selling already?

sold out

@kv331

I tried sending in my contest entry yesterday, but the form on your site returned my mail twice. Is there anywhere else I can submit it?

Chandlerhimself wrote:@kv331

I tried sending in my contest entry yesterday, but the form on your site returned my mail twice. Is there anywhere else I can submit it?
try our info email. info at kv331audio dot com.

was your email longer than 4000 chars ? I guess we had a problem with long emails.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “Instruments”