RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt Kontakt Player

aMUSEd wrote:
ew wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
newluc wrote:And the key colors?
Still stupid
You do realize there's a script to change key colors in the script/utility presets, I presume...

ew
Does it change them back to how they used to be instead of those tiny chips?
Nope.
Still trying to match those on komplete kontrol.
sigh.
rsp
sound sculptist

Why is NI trying to keep stupid tiny coloring of keys. At least they can give us option for that. Shame!

nicksohn wrote:Why is NI trying to keep stupid tiny coloring of keys. At least they can give us option for that. Shame!
Yeah, when I saw the update announcement's reference to changes based on customer feedback, I figured they must have fixed the key coloring. Baffling that it didn't happen. Their inaction on this is straight up obnoxious.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Damn I forgot about this thread and updated my Kontakt along with four other N.I. plugins today. Did anyone figure out how to Purge Multi in the new version or have they fixed it since September ? :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Damn I forgot about this thread and updated my Kontakt along with four other N.I. plugins today. Did anyone figure out how to Purge Multi in the new version or have they fixed it since September ? :?

WHAT'S NEW in 5.6.5
ADDED New KSP UI control: XY Pad
ADDED Re-introduced the Global Purge controls (removed with 5.6.0) as part of the File menu
FIXED Some effects would block sound when loaded through KSP
FIXED The Group MIDI Channel setting menu was broken
FIXED Vertical window resizing was sluggish under certain conditions
FIXED The KSP bitwise operators would cause parse errors in certain cases
FIXED Crash when double-clicking on the header of Expert>Groups tab
FIXED Crash when using certain context menus
FIXED Crash when using the Next / Previous NKI buttons under certain conditions
FIXED The size of the Quickload area was always reset after restarting Kontakt
FIXED There was a graphical issue with level meters on instrument Performance Views
FIXED The “Unwind Automation” setting was ignored by automation assignments made via KSP
FIXED Issues with certain audio interfaces when using Kontakt standalone
ew
A spectral heretic...

Ahhh cool thank you ! Good thing I waited. I haven't had a chance to load Kontakt since updating so Purge will be the first thing I check out.... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I had read somewhere else that the font and icons are now really small / hard to read.

Any "less young" people care to comment? :-)

I think it was 5.6.1 that made them readable again, or at least readable-ish :-).....
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks. Have been holding off as in the middle of some albums at the moment and hard to read stuff is the last thing I need :-)

noiseboyuk wrote:
electro wrote:How is 5.6.1 doing? Has Purge All returned?
No. Still best off sticking with 5.5x still,
How safe is 5.6.5?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Working good for me on W7. It still has a 32bit version.
Last edited by Aloysius on Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

electro wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:
electro wrote:How is 5.6.1 doing? Has Purge All returned?
No. Still best off sticking with 5.5x still,
How safe is 5.6.5?
Has global purge back. Works just fine.

Having the same issue with this update as I've had with every NI installer since 1.3- the mousewheel no longer works. I stopped updating my NI products after notifying them back in March, to which I was told "we can't reproduce".

Anybody here have any clues? Both windows and Logitech mouse drivers are up to date. I can usually fix problems myself, but this is a curveball. Especially since everything pre-1.3 (or with Kontakt, pre-5.2), the mousewheel works just fine :dog:

edit: I guess it's something NI won't fix, despite several reports of it. Hmm, I was told I was the only person to report it. Well well.

audiosabre wrote:Having the same issue with this update as I've had with every NI installer since 1.3- the mousewheel no longer works. I stopped updating my NI products after notifying them back in March, to which I was told "we can't reproduce".

Anybody here have any clues? Both windows and Logitech mouse drivers are up to date. I can usually fix problems myself, but this is a curveball. Especially since everything pre-1.3 (or with Kontakt, pre-5.2), the mousewheel works just fine :dog:

edit: I guess it's something NI won't fix, despite several reports of it. Hmm, I was told I was the only person to report it. Well well.
What version Windows? The scrollwheel works here with W10...

ew
A spectral heretic...

This version and the last version create a new dll is that correct? I never updated when the gui was updated because of issues I was reading about.

Return to “Instruments”