Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

Well that's weird. Pretty simple installation process. I did only install the 64 bit VST 2 version and not all the others. Maybe that made a difference. :?

It crashes while the GUI is opening so maybe it's a system specific graphics issue.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Reply from Pace "support".....

"Hello,
Unfortunately Microsoft required us to update some things that made iLok License Manager require Windows 7 to be updated to the newest version.  Your two options are to update Windows 7 or to use the older version of iLok License Manager.
If you have trouble updating Windows 7, then you should contact Microsoft for more help".

This after I said in my support request "My Win 7 was already fully updated including optional updates. Checked today".

Thanks Pace....... :lol:
What an ambiguous stupid answer... Is that hard to provide an exact answer on what actual patch is needed? Aaah, they probably don't know... :roll:

And FFS, why don't they provide a link to version 3.1.2 that worked fine, until they fix their s***?

These guys keep annoying me big time. A few days ago, due to an error when setting the time on my machine (PM-AM mix-up), my licenses (both demo and bought) became invalid and I got that 'connect to server to fix your clock' message. My DAW machine is offline, but managed to fix it on my online machine. The iLok manager on my DAW machine still says 'unknown license' for all my licenses, but somehow it works.

PACE. Rock solid stuff. It just works, never a hassle. :dog:

e@rs wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Reply from Pace "support".....

"Hello,
Unfortunately Microsoft required us to update some things that made iLok License Manager require Windows 7 to be updated to the newest version.  Your two options are to update Windows 7 or to use the older version of iLok License Manager.
If you have trouble updating Windows 7, then you should contact Microsoft for more help".

This after I said in my support request "My Win 7 was already fully updated including optional updates. Checked today".

Thanks Pace....... :lol:
What an ambiguous stupid answer... Is that hard to provide an exact answer on what actual patch is needed? Aaah, they probably don't know... :roll:

And FFS, why don't they provide a link to version 3.1.2 that worked fine, until they fix their s***?

These guys keep annoying me big time. A few days ago, due to an error when setting the time on my machine (PM-AM mix-up), my licenses (both demo and bought) became invalid and I got that 'connect to server to fix your clock' message. My DAW machine is offline, but managed to fix it on my online machine. The iLok manager on my DAW machine still says 'unknown license' for all my licenses, but somehow it works.

PACE. Rock solid stuff. It just works, never a hassle. :dog:
creepy, as I acquired few plugins based on soft ilok but didn't install yet :scared:

Be sure to pray first. Then install.

I still have iLok License Manager 2.5 or so installed.

Until some new plug-in I'd like to install requires a newer version of the iLok software, I don't see any need to update it.
It's not like you'd get any new features in a plug-in.

chris.r wrote:
e@rs wrote: PACE. Rock solid stuff. It just works, never a hassle. :dog:
creepy, as I acquired few plugins based on soft ilok but didn't install yet :scared:
Nobody actually likes Pace, but, some of us prefer the fact that are licenses are not stored on our computers. I don't use the soft licenser at all. In any case, really some of the best stuff is on iLok so you really limit yourself by not having it. Best to get some experience with it with the free stuff.

Thank you everybody for posting your comments and experiences. :tu:

I had a look at creating an iLok account and all the faffing about that entails. And as I would only be using it for the Eventide reverb, I think I'll pass on this occasion.

^Don't let us, the haters, stop you from trying it. Many people are still very happy with iLok. Guess some are luckier than others...

e@rs wrote:Don't let us, the haters, stop you from trying it.
No worries, the haters haven't put me off at all. I'm just too lazy to go to the bother of setting up an account at Eventide and an iLok account just to get a plugin I can easily live without.

since I've already got the account I'm thinking to jump in

interested in opinions on the Sound Radix SurferEQ 2 Boogie and other plugins apart from the Eventide which I already have.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote:interested in opinions on the Sound Radix SurferEQ 2 Boogie and other plugins apart from the Eventide which I already have.
It's rather a unique plugin. I have not yet used it as intended so I'm not sure how effective it is for that. It is lots of fun to use as "self sweeping" eq/filter on more complex sound sources where it has difficulty locking onto the pitch.

1wob2many wrote:
Lesha wrote:Would like to get Stereo Room, but I don't want to deal with iLok in any way, soft or hardware.
Snap!

I was hoping somebody would convince me that Stereo Room was so good that it would be worth going down the iLok road.

I'll probably decide it on the toss of a coin.
One of the best algorithmic reverbs out there no less.. For free it's incredible
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

ChamomileShark wrote:interested in opinions on the Sound Radix SurferEQ 2 Boogie and other plugins apart from the Eventide which I already have.
Tried it a few times and it's an interesting concept. Some sort of a dynamic EQ a la
TDR Nova I guess. Didn't check it out a lot though because it appeared here to be a CPU-hog, which crashed unfortunately from time to time.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

CPU hog indeed. No way I could actually use it.

Return to “Effects”