EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just as I feared - upgraded to WIN10 and no sound. The EMU ASIO driver is there, it's updated but windoz can't . . . find it or something.

a little help please
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

I had the same in my 1820m.
To solve it just reinstall the drivers and remove the soundcard from the hardware menu then restart the pc it came back to live asap. Only odd thing is you have yo manually add the dspmixer to the startup to boot up properly else its manually launching everytime.
I used the latest pci express drivers and mixer from the emu website. :tu:
Cubase 6, Alesis Fusion, Virus Ti, Korg Triton & Digital & Analog Collection, K2000R, Yamaha CS1x, Komplete 9, Kirk Hunter Libraries, NVA Taiko Drums, Uhe Ace, Bazille and Zehbra, Polyana, Jamstix 3, Toontrack Drums and more libraries and VST's

Oh dear : "setup is unable to find a supported product on your system"

I've tried several versions . . .
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Hello to everyone.

I would like to ask the original PCI-based E-Mu card owners, running the device under Win 7 (64-bit), for help. I'm really getting desprate with this. After upgraing to a new rig (i7-6700K on Gigabyte Z170-D3H) I can't seem to get any WDM input for my 1616M PCI.

I used 2.30 BETA drivers and 2.20 PatchMix app. The playback is flawless inside Windows (for normal WDM-based applications such as WinAmp, VLC, but Also Aobe AUdition etc) when I sync the sampling rate/bith depth inside PatchMix with the Windows settings. HOWEVER, I can't record anything (absolutely no sound) for WDM-based applications (Skype etc). Here I enclose a screen to demonstrate what I mean:

http://www.digimike.cz/EMU_problem-soun ... nction.jpg
http://www.digimike.cz/EMU_problem-audi ... ttings.jpg

I have an input strip for my microphone input (using Fostex VC-7 ADAT interface connected to 1010M card), which indicates the signal correctly (when I unmute the strip, I can perfectly monitor the incoming signal). The WAVE L/R - HOST send should be sending the signal to Windows but it DOES NOT, no matter what I try (e.g. changing the sample rate etc.) - as it can be seen in Adobe Audition recording via E-MU DSP in the background.

Can you help me, please?

Did you try running DxDiag on it?

pekbro wrote:Did you try running DxDiag on it?
Here I enclose the DxDiag report:
http://www.digimike.cz/160914-DxDiag.txt
and here is the PatchMix/Driver version I'm running:
http://www.digimike.cz/E-MU_version.jpg

Let me stress that both WDM playback and ASIO playback/recording work just fine (I can even route WDM output to ASIO input via PatchMix). It's only the WDM input that is completely lacking any signal - which means I cannot use any standard Windows program requiring microphone such as VoIP clients and such... :(
Any ideas?

Your 1010 firmware version is pretty old, mine is 3.4.

IDK how to fix your problem with the E-MU, but can you set your VoIP client to use the onboard audio ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:Your 1010 firmware version is pretty old, mine is 3.4.

IDK how to fix your problem with the E-MU, but can you set your VoIP client to use the onboard audio ?
Yeah, I have the 1616M for quite a while a and was always hapy with it on my previous XP-based rig.
As for the on-board audio, my intention was to completely avoid it and save some resources - that's why have it turned off in BIOS completely. The E-MU WDM input worked just fine under WinXP... I've read this whole thread and haven't come across anyone reporting this (except for "Roman Empire", who found a completely different cause for this). Does it means that everybody else can use WDM input under Win 7 64-bit witjout any problem?

MikEdge wrote:Does it means that everybody else can use WDM input under Win 7 64-bit witjout any problem?
I will need a screenshot of your patchmix if i am to check it, i forgot how to set it up, got it all set as i need ages ago, then never had to go there anymore. :)

1212M PCI on Win 7 64 with same version driver and patchmix as yours.

[edit]
OK, i think i know how to set the patchmix, so no need for the screenshot, i'm just not sure how to test the WDM input...
BRB
[edit2]Looks like it works in REAPER.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Since 3 days my emu1212m pci stopped working on windows 10 64bit. Never had any problem, but after a reboot de drivers don't recognize the devices anymore.
Re installing doesn't work cause the drivers say i have no card. Yet i can see them in device manager.
The reboot was caused bij windows update, so i suspected the update. But another pc with windows 8.1 now does the same thing (allthough tis one also had an update at the same time, but i could restore this to an earlier point)

Anyway : Anyone having the same problem, or did my card just break ?

Zwaarvet wrote:Since 3 days my emu1212m pci stopped working on windows 10 64bit. Never had any problem, but after a reboot de drivers don't recognize the devices anymore.
Re installing doesn't work cause the drivers say i have no card. Yet i can see them in device manager.
The reboot was caused bij windows update, so i suspected the update. But another pc with windows 8.1 now does the same thing (allthough tis one also had an update at the same time, but i could restore this to an earlier point)

Anyway : Anyone having the same problem, or did my card just break ?
If i were you i would try uninstalling the latest W10 updates manually, if that is possible on W10 (it is on W7).
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Greetings; joined the site to contribute to this thread regarding a great Audio Interface DAC as the E-MU 1616m (and its siblings). The ‘M’ series stands for ‘Mastering’ and these include the (famed) Avid Pro-ToolsHD engine chipset supporting 24bit/192KHz, a major note to the units sonic purity. The marketing fall on the product I think was that many of it's user-base was unfamiliar with 'soft-interface' routing of digital mixers.

Spec:
Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0.0/-0.03 dB
THD + N: -105 dB (.0005%)
S/N: 120 dB (A-weighted)
Dynamic Range: 120 dB (A-weighted)
Stereo Crosstalk: < -115 dB, 1kHz

I'm using the 1616m with PCIe card on both Win-7 x64 and Win-10 x64 DAW systems with no issues (Win-10 x64 only recently). Currently config. for Audition-3 and Cubase 7.5.

Cheers

bikeamtn wrote:I'm using the 1616m with PCIe card on both Win-7 x64 and Win-10 x64 DAW systems with no issues (Win-10 x64 only recently). Currently config. for Audition-3 and Cubase 7.5.
THX for that info. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Hi guys, just signed on to kvr to ask a couple of qs about my 1212m /1616m PCIe system. (I am trialling a second-hand dock at the moment. Everything is working ok on win 10.)

Is there any way to get output from the dock by itself? Like, if I want to just pass through inputs and jam without firing up the workstation ? Would I be any better off with a different brand of ADAT dock (Saffire etc) with no-latency monitoring analog outs? Or is this a weird requirement that no one makes hardware for? :)

I am 99% sure there is no way to use the dock without turning on the PC.
I only have the 1212M, so i am just shooting in the dark here.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”