Cubase 9 coming in December according to Guitar Center

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Doh I activated my 8.5 license like a scrub when I bought it. Well I may as well buy and activate 9, then buy 9.5 when it comes and activate it when 10 is released.

jezjez wrote:Doh I activated my 8.5 license like a scrub when I bought it. Well I may as well buy and activate 9, then buy 9.5 when it comes and activate it when 10 is released.
like a scrub-bing bubble? :hihi:

If you activated it on or after the 26th of October, you should still be within the grace period...

VitaminD wrote:Does anyone here have both Cubase 8/8.5 and Cubase 9 installed side by side on Windows (preferably windows 10) ?
Currently running
SX3 (so I can sort out archiving my first few CDs), 6, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5 and 9 side by side in Windows 10 64bit.
Probably should uninstall 7, 7.5 and 8 now?

Cubase Pro 9 is no better then it can't run for such a silly reason as if you use a high contrast theme

Just sayin' .....

VitaminD wrote:Does anyone here have both Cubase 8/8.5 and Cubase 9 installed side by side on Windows (preferably windows 10) ?

I have a few songs that still use a handful of 32-bit plugins that I haven't finished and probably won't for many months. Yet I see some updated features in 9 that could benefit me now on others (that don't use the 32-bit plugins).
I have Cubase 7.5, Cubase 8.5 and Cubase 9 all installed here. All work flawlessly (well, except when something strange happens, every now and then, of course :hihi: ). I'm on Windows 7 x64.
Fernando (FMR)

I have Nuendo 4- thru 7.1 installed on my Windows 10, and Cubase 6 thru 9 on my Sierra, haven't had any issues with all of them co-existing.

rsp
sound sculptist

Maybe the OP can rename this the Cubase Activation Discussion thread.

Thanks, guys! I downloaded the beefy installer overnight, will try to install when I get a moment. :party:

I am reading that some people have issues with Cubase 9 and UAD plugins being blacklisted?
I know on my Sierra system that doesn't happen, so I assume it is on PC?
However I checked with my sources and got confirmation that both on Windows 7 and 10, that isn't the norm. They have been using Cubase9 and UAD just fine.
Curious to hear from anyone who is having the issue, and have they done a rescan from within cubase?
rsp
sound sculptist

LGK_Dude wrote:Is the undo history for the mixer an "all or nothing" approach? For example, say you changed a parameter in your bass track, then changed some parameters on your drums. In the mixer undo these all show up, but are you able to go back and only undo the vocal parameters? Or does it step all the way back to before you made the changes on the vocal track, which also removes the changes on your drums as well?

Hopefully you can undo/redo specific items, but frankly I've accidentally messed up enough parameters in the mix console with my mouse wheel that I'd be glad to simply have undo, LOL!
The MixConsole history is a 'snapshotter', as far as I can tell. Had a quick play yesterday (had to re-establish the VST plugins on my apps drive on PC, as I use E drive and C9 didn't see that, even though apparently migrating settings from C8.5)

Will have a look to see if you can undo specific items, but doubtful
yep still on the 16 bar loop... :D

ghettosynth wrote: It seems like the thing to do is to keep using the x.0 release until right before (x+1).0 is imminent, then buy the x.5 upgrade from x.0 and hold it until the release of (x+1).0.
The story of my life :P

Did they fix the horrible "abbreviation" of plugins names in the mixer with three dots "...." when the plugin name is too long for the channel width? That is soooo stupid and makes some plugins with similar names completely indistinguishable...
was still in 8.5, if I remember my test correctly.
I bought the 8.5 upgrade to my 6.5 hoping that they will employ a good UI designer who will subsequently fix the most atrocious flaws in their GUI design... so many inconsistencies. Still not sure whether I should activate the license, but some of the new features look nice.
The plugin sentinel was long overdue. When I started the 8.5 demo for the first time, it took half an hour of repeated starting, scanning and crashing until it had finally done the blacklisting. Same again when winter time began. Ridiculous.

thejonsolo wrote:Maybe the OP can rename this the Cubase Activation Discussion thread.
Why? Seems to be a lot more being discussed than just activation.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Let's see:

You pay $$$ for Cubase Pro 9

But no matter how cutting edge machine you've and no matter how fantastic Cubase Pro 9 is you'll be given the finger if you use a high contrast theme.

I mean..WOW...talk abaout brilliant engineering.... :clown:

Wait, so if I buy C8.5 update now and activate it within the grace period i get a free upgrade to 9?

Can I buy the 8.5 update and keep it till 10 is used and then activate it to get 10 for free?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”