Spaceship Delay from Musical Entropy (KVR DC 16)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spaceship Delay

I'll probably add a switch on the post FX section then, but I'll wait for the end of the voting period because I don't have the right to add new features until then. I'm thinking also about putting there basic tremolo and diffusion effects (maybe in the filter section for that one so it can be in the delay line loop) ;)

But my main focus will be the UI of course

Since you're talking about updating the GUI, I will clarify my complaint. I actually like the simple functional GUI, I just don't like that there's so much wasted space. I think that the layout could be tightened significantly with only minor tweaks to the actual "GUI" per se.

Thanks for the plug, can already get a lot of mileage out of this! :clap: I have a couple of post-DC suggestions, feel free to use some or none at all:
  • Firstly, +1 for keeping the GUI clean and not 'vintage'
  • Another +1 for Pre/Post switches, a modulating 95% wet phaser with little or no feedback before a delay can add some nice animation to a delay, especially with delay feedback and non-linearities
  • Since you already have an Attack Knob, can we get Ducking/Gating?
  • Since you already have an Attack Knob, there is envelope data, that data can be used as a modulation source for the delay/phaser, for short delays < 5ms + data you can get some fun dynamic flanging going on
  • BPM option for LFOs, useful for people into electronic music.
  • A choice of LFO shapes, nothing fancy, just Sine/Tri/Random(smooth) will be nice.
  • Phase controls for L/R LFO, with a 180 degree offset, a Triangle shape, short delay 7ms->25ms, you can get a pseudo Dimension-C type chorus, with 90 degrees you get a Jazz Chorus, with all your current filter options, a good chorus sound would be trivial.
  • +1 for diffusion(in feedback loop), that paired up with your tape delay will send any sound to Neverland! + option to have different L/R diffusion sizes, would be denser with cross feedback.
  • Modulation for those nice ZDF filters of yours(or did I miss how to add modulation?), especially outside the loop, it would sound trippy.
  • Modulation for Low/Hi Shelf filters, cool way to make a tremolo too, there are actually amps/pedals that do exactly this.
  • A simple stereo-width control 0% = Mono, 100% = Stereo, sometimes too wide doesn't fit into a mix too well.

Regards
Andrew

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions, they are very interesting, and some of them are already implemented in the delay effect prototype I designed before doing Spaceship Delay :D I don't want to transform it into a monster after the KVR DC, but since I'll rework on the UI, I might add as well some features which might be relevant without adding too much complexity :wink:

By the way, I don't remember if I said it already, but I did my audio demos with Spaceship Delay, Snare Buzz (in a subtle but very interesting way I think) and Noisemachines Siren because it's so cool in this context :D

(in general I write rock/metal music, not dub, but it was fun to destroy a well known blues/jazz song for the KVR DC :lol: )

only spent a bit of time with it so far, but i'm completely impressed. wow, i think this might be one of the best delays i've ever used.

Thanks a lot !

Ivan_C wrote: I might also provide as an option the possibility to simply copy the data in the same place than the plug-in itself.
Like you did with GuitarGadgets :hyper: good idea :tu:

I put the presets exactly as instructed on gui, but each time I unload and reload it gives me the same message.
Edit: Ok, I went back and added Tutorial folder as indicated in this thread and the plug came up but with just the default and Nice Delay presets. Drums, Guitar, and Mixing presets folders are empty.

Loving the delay but a minor niggle - sometimes when selecting options in e.g. the FX section it ignores mouse clicks. So you have to re-select what you're after. Sometimes it will take 3 or 4 clicks before it will respond.

Musical Gym > Take the last version of the plug-in archive (1.0.1), then replace the tutorial + presets folder with the one in the new archive. You'll get a lot of presets + the content of the tutorial available from the about tab (click on the logo)

Lixma : I was thinking I was the only one which sees that thing ! I'll provide a fix as soon as possible

The next update will be available probably friday, I'll post a KVR news as soon as it is there

Thanks Ivan

The readme says Copy and paste the Guitar Gadgets VST/component/DLL files...

Is Guitar Gadgets another plug?

It will help if you start putting the version number in download file.

Nice Delay.
Since i see things to add discussed. Maybe add a Warp function so we can have delay times accelerating or decelerating, like a bouncing ball.

Thanks for the comments !
The readme says Copy and paste the Guitar Gadgets VST/component/DLL files...

Is Guitar Gadgets another plug?
Oops, nice catch :cry: :lol:

Yes Guitar Gadgets is the plug-in I did 2 years ago for the KVR DC 14, I just did copy and paste too quickly, the lack of sleep didn't help :lol:
It will help if you start putting the version number in download file.
That's a good suggestion :tu:
Nice Delay.
Since i see things to add discussed. Maybe add a Warp function so we can have delay times accelerating or decelerating, like a bouncing ball.
I think you can already do that more or less with automation, not automatically, in tape mode by changing the delay time. But it would be a cool feature to have that feature available somewhere else, like in extra modulation controls...

I have just updated Spaceship Delay to version 1.0.2. Now it is possible to put the data folder where the plug-in is :D

I have also updated my blog a little, where I'm sharing a Dynacord Echocord Super 76 impulse response which is... well very very special :lol: My blog is available here :

https://musicalentropy.github.io/

You will be able to listen to my audio demos there if you haven't yet :tu:

And don't forget to check out Inspiration and Guitar Gadgets that I made for previous KVR Developer Challenge if you don't know them !

Return to “Effects”