Ubermap config file for REPRO-1

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

If there's anyone who wants to control REPRO-1 in Ableton Live via Ubermap with Push2 – I quickly made a configuration file with all important parameters. Unfortunately, the ARP or FX parameters are not accessible. Didn't try the sequencer but this would be overkill anyway. You can download the file here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zi03m33d8wsn ... 6d5ea?dl=0

Are you using a Mac or a PC?

I'm on a PC and I've never managed to get Ubermap working sadly.

I'd love to be able to use it.

I'm using a Mac. You could use PrEditor by Isotonik Studios as an alternative. It does the same a bit more comfortable. It's not free, however.

But that aside, control of 3rd party plugins is flawed with Push2. When turning knobs on certain parameters Push's screen and the plugin get out of sync, mostly at maximum values, sometimes in between. Hard to say when exactly it happens. This bug occurs with or without PrEditor or Ubermap. At the moment Ableton say that not enough people complained about the bug so that it is not on their to do list. I find this a major letdown and kind of a dealbreaker for Push2. I guess not many people complain because so few do control 3rd party devices with an already poor implementation that makes Ubermap and PrEditor necessary in the first place. If you find the bug maybe you can report it too?

Any plugin I've tried so far is affected, but only with certain parameters. The only exception is Repro-1 so far, or maybe I haven't it noticed yet.

Thanks for the reply.

I've got PrEditor and I find it very clunky. I actually prefer the Ubermap approach where I just edit a single cfg file. However no one I know has got it working on a PC sadly.

I'll check the parameter issue when I get back home next week and log a bug with Ableton.

Return to β€œu-he”