The Hippy Ladies From Next Door, Their Funny Cigarettes and Their Nice Cake

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Laguna Rising wrote:Very very nice !
I love the late 60's hippy/happy feel :hihi:
Great buildup btw. I love the organ work
Fantastic busy section in the middle.

Big thumbs up

Cheers
Thank you! :party:

seismic1 wrote:Tip: Drop the dark ambient or those ladies be movin' out on yo' ass, no matter how much cake is involved.

This was a great track. I like the upbeat intro and outro, and the middle section was a trip. I really liked the percussion and the way you varied it throughout the piece. Lots of groovy fun.

Good job :)
Thanking you, too! :tu:
Groovy - now there's a word that brings back memories!

thomekk wrote:Very pleasing - and yes the middle part also made it for me to surprise, as it's so wild and pushing off, well framed. :tu:
Music should surprise, now and again!

sazb30 wrote:Nice fun track Googly! Lots of interesting changes... I really like the slightly crazy structure and the way it weaves around (something to do with the funny cigarettes and nice cake perhaps?!)

I enjoyed listening to this. Thanks for sharing :-)
Ah, those funny cigarettes, and the cake with the secret (magic!) ingredient... :party: :drunk:

Jesse Gorter wrote:I love it as i love the 60's!

Too bad I was not born then...
I was 7 at the start, and 17 at the end - formative years. It was Cliff Richard & The Shadows in '61 and Black Sabbath in '69. I don't think any decade has seen such a change in music style - technology, maybe, but not music.
And now I think I'm reverting to a second childhood - where did I put my dummy...? :D
Jesse Gorter wrote:...I have a thing for girls with a hair band :P
Do you mean just a hair band! :o :D

The middle section, if anyone's interested:
3 tracks of tabla sample loops;
2 tracks of Indian "orchestra" sample loops, 4 on each track.
2 tracks of tambour(a) loops;
The "vocals" are via Realitone's The Ladies Lite. Had it a few monthes now, and starting to find a use for it.
GrooveAgent4 drums, the Studio Kit;
HALion electric bass, passed through Overloud's Markbass plugin.
The bass line is just Es and Bs. The vocal "melody" slips between Emaj and Emin, I think - useless with music theory. I know I use F and G# here and there!
Part 4 next week! :scared:

Cool! Nice composition and groove. interesting soundscape in the middle part of the song.
Good mix and sounds.

I like that weirdness that kicks in half-way here :D

Quite unusual stuff. Sounds to me like you're mixing a lot of genres. Like a synth-folk-70s inspired genre or something.. Nice (and a bit weird in a good way)!

This track lives up to its awesome title. :D :tu:

Googly Smythe wrote:
Jesse Gorter wrote:I love it as i love the 60's!

Too bad I was not born then...
I was 7 at the start, and 17 at the end - formative years. It was Cliff Richard & The Shadows in '61 and Black Sabbath in '69. I don't think any decade has seen such a change in music style - technology, maybe, but not music.
And now I think I'm reverting to a second childhood - where did I put my dummy...? :D
Jesse Gorter wrote:...I have a thing for girls with a hair band :P
Do you mean just a hair band! :o :D
You got it.... :oops:

I also like long and crazy track names :wink:
The tune is crazy as well
in a good way

And the story coming with the tune
makes it a round experience

(( D ))

Return to “Music Cafe”