Dune 2 ...absolutely fantastic ..audio rate modulation ..lil appreciation thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Soundwise I find D2 a bit fluffy and grainy, not as shiny and silky as Hybrid 3
Are they technical terms? :hihi:

AnX wrote:
Probably not :D We use attributes like that all the time, though. X sounds warm, Y sounds cold etc. Unless the reader is a robot, they will understand what is meant.

AnX wrote:
Probably not :D We use attributes like that all the time, though. X sounds warm, Y sounds cold etc. Unless the reader is a robot, they will understand what is meant.
Well, ive been using synths for over 30 years. Ive no idea what it means. :shrug:

They sturely aren't technical terms, but, which technical terms are there to describe sound?

carrieres wrote:
2ZrgE wrote:Now all we need is that damn zoomable GUI... :D
Yes, a 125% option would be nice.
i was thinking 150% :D
I need 90% for my notebook, and 125% for my desktop. :tu:

125% and 150% would be great....in the meantime zooming it via my OS looks still usable in full screen.
Wait....now we changed from audio rate modulation to GUI size?
KVR at it´s best :D
(but i found the original GUI size still usable and it looks not too bad on my notebook...only the MSEG´s and arp are terrible to edit....it needs an own screen),

Cinebient wrote:Wait....now we changed from audio rate modulation to GUI size?
How about modulating the GUI size at audio rate?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

2ZrgE wrote:
carrieres wrote:
Yes, a 125% option would be nice.
i was thinking 150% :D
I need 90% for my notebook, and 125% for my desktop. :tu:
150% does not fit your desktop screen ?

Numanoid wrote:I am getting a little pissed off at how easy it is to label somebody as a troll in the forum these days just because they don't agree :help:
+1
Exactly! It reminds me these new wave of paper thin students needing a safety pin to talk to some one or a pet therapy . :nutter:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Some people here are a bit confused by the term audio rate .
It's all about the 'update rate of the modulation matrix which can be @ AUDIO/SAMPLE rate ...
As I have said earlier , a verry fast lfo ( or mod.osc ) does not benefit from a low internal update rate , which luckily is NOT the case with dune 2 .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Anyone any idea why in the mod .matrix the value of '9' equals an octave when voice---->filter frequency and not 12 .
Choose bandpass , self resonanting ..a bit of noise ( ignite the filter ) , set kbd to 100 pct .
8 unsion voices , choose voice in matrix --->filter freq. , value 9 = an octave
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Dune 2 is on christmas sale (till EOY).
$99

It is fully skinnable, i.e. the skin size can be changed- we just haven't made factory skins in different sizes.

That said, with the release of Legend we started providing multiple UI sizes right away, and we will certainly continue that with future versions of DUNE too :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

May I ask what else is in the roadmap of Dune2 development? Or is it a finished product so there will be only maintenance updates?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:May I ask what else is in the roadmap of Dune2 development?
Other than potential updates we have additional soundsets in the pipeline for DUNE 2, the next, third one should be out very soon :)
recursive one wrote:Or is it a finished product so there will be only maintenance updates?
DUNE 2 was basically finished ever since release, we just kept adding new stuff because its framework is flexible enough to do so without affecting existing projects, and because it was fun :) There's always a point though where you want to do some fundamental engine changes, and this point will probably come with DUNE 3 then (which will still be patch-compatible to DUNE 2 though).

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Return to “Instruments”