ReaEQ - Large UI - Gigantic Size Added

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you so much ENV1 for sharing another amazing work. I love ReaEq however the small size prevented me from using it frequently.

I applied it to 64-Bit standalone and had no problems. It's working as it should.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Thank you, glad to hear there is no problem after all.

(Would have been odd too, since the dialogs are identical in 32bit and 64bit.)

As to the plugin itself, its always the first EQ i reach for. Most of the times it does the job just fine, although i also often like to put on Voxengo Overtone or Marvel GEQ. These 3 are more or less all i need.

ENV1 wrote:OK...
Yep, sorry, man. It was something wrong from my side.

Now we're talking!

Thats even better...looking forward to the release!

(Hopefully the ReaPlugs get updated then as well.)

ENV1 wrote:Now we're talking!

Thats even better...looking forward to the release!
Thanks to you, man! ;)

Nah, i dont think it has anything to do with me.

You dont code something like that in a few hours after reading some forum post, so surely this has been in the works for quite a while and Justin merely thought its a good opportunity to show whats coming.

(At the end of the video he wrote 'soonish' so the release is probably already scheduled as well.)

ENV1 wrote:Nah, i dont think it has anything to do with me.

You dont code something like that in a few hours after reading some forum post, so surely this has been in the works for quite a while and Justin merely thought its a good opportunity to show whats coming.

(At the end of the video he wrote 'soonish' so the release is probably already scheduled as well.)
I follow the reaper pre-releases and forums and Justin can really crank out code fast when he is motivated so I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually did do it in response to this thread :)

P.S The functionality is there and working in the current pre-release 5.30pre8 so no need to wait for the official release (the pres are generally pretty stable)

provoc wrote:I follow the reaper pre-releases and forums and Justin can really crank out code fast when he is motivated so I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually did do it in response to this thread :)
Well if thats true then im glad i could get the ball rolling. :)

(Although i still doubt it.)
provoc wrote:P.S The functionality is there and working in the current pre-release 5.30pre8 so no need to wait for the official release (the pres are generally pretty stable)
Thanks for the heads up.

OK, i just found out that the entire UI scales up automatically when you set a larger fontsize.

(Actually i just wanted to make some of the text bigger, but there it was.)

I have therefore added a 'Gigantic' version which is not only much larger than the original but also has way larger text. Please note that your screen resolution should be somewhat higher than 1920x1200 for this, otherwise you will find it too big. (The Gigantic UI is circa 1650x1015, see screenshot for details.) You can use this until the resizable UIs are officially released. (The ReaPlugs will probably take a while as they are generally way less frequently updated than REAPER.)

Download in opening post.

click for fullsize

ENV1 wrote:Hi everyone,
If you always wanted to have ReaEQ in a bigger size, now you can.
always dreamed. thank you!
Bears, vodka, balalayka.
Mixing tracks. neurodriveaudio@gmail.com

It looks much better now. Thanks for your hard work.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

If you want to keep both versions (original and large), you can copy the changed dll under a new name (e.g. reaeq2.dll) into Reaper's plugin/FX directory. Small issue then: The changed DLL shows under the original name in the FX-window.

To fix: change the name with a binary(hex) editor. :wink:
Search for ReaEQ\0x00 and replace the 0 byte with 32H (ASCII "2"). There are two null bytes after so the new name may be 7 characters max.
Bild1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ENV1 wrote:I have no way of testing 64bit myself...
:hihi: :clap:

New version 5.30 with resizeable eq, fir and xcomp is out:

Shown in the Reaper Blog @ 6:50.

https://youtu.be/TMZZvk4x93o

Return to “Effects”