Sample Slicer and Rearranger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for a plugin for Mac OS X (wish I could find hardware actually) that will slice samples and be able to rearrange the slices into different sequences. Yamaha has a cool feature in some of their products called Real Time Loop Remix and it basically slices and rearranges the slices into a new sequence.

I'm open to hear about just straight up audio slicers even if they don't have a rearrange feature. Modulation options for the slices isn't something I need, but modulation I guess is always welcome if it can slice and rearrange into new sequences.

You guys have any suggestions on a slicer / rearranger?

Geist?

If you have Logic then i'd recommend the EXS24 from Logic. You can select any kind of audio region and 'slice it to sampler track'

You may want to have a look at New Sonic Art's Vice.

Their interfaces are minimal but everything is well designed. I do not have Vice myself - I'm interested but have other priorities - but I do have Nuance and Granite, and I can say I never had problems with NSA. Their plugins have never been 'abandonware' and get regular updates.

https://www.newsonicarts.com/html/vice.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHNRlv_7S8
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

The only plugin I know that can do that is Air Transfuser 2, it has a feature called M.A.R.I.O that amoung other things rearranges slices.

The plugins mentioned (and there are tons more) slice but do not re-order / randomize slices.

I am watching this thread to see if anyone posts anything that does, afaik there are bizzarly none other than Transfuser.

Ps, micro dicer by concrete FX that I help design many years ago did but sadly no longer developed and certainly not 64bit Mac or PC.

topaz wrote:The only plugin I know that can do that is Air Transfuser 2, it has a feature called M.A.R.I.O that amoung other things rearranges slices.

The plugins mentioned (and there are tons more) slice but do not re-order / randomize slices.
+1 for Transfuser 2. You can get it for about $20 at Plugin Boutique before the end of the year... and it already comes with loads of sounds as well as synths & fx inside the plug.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Egoist, geist, and Transfusor 2 will hook you up!

MuLab will auto-slice a sample and auto-map each slice to the keyboard, and you can edit the slice points. You can play slices using the midi sequencer, and use the randomize module on any parameter; or you can play the slices on your keyboard in different orders.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Check out Redux. It has good slicing and mapping options as well as a phrasing engine (tracker style though, not piano roll). Not sure about randomisations but it wouldn't surprise me if those were possible too.

redux is an interesting choice. but i don't know a great deal about trackers.
i would recommend Geist like others here. it does a lot clearly. i use it all the time ( it is also a 'proper' sampler). good software.. brilliant if you slice beats a lot ( it also loads Rex files.. auto-slices also which is great. effects section, layers for your pads, effects.. check it outl

Egoist does not slice loops correctly, no unity. It reconstructs the loop to fit it's limitation.

Geist does not randomize slices or reorder.

Schmidi wrote:Egoist, geist, and Transfusor 2 will hook you up!

Bliss :) It can export the slices to MIDI so it's a perfect tool for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz9kFVTWNoQ

http://www.discodsp.com/bliss/

discoDSP wrote:Bliss :) It can export the slices to MIDI so it's a perfect tool for you.
Not had a chance to try this out yet. didn't even know it existed, i have used discodsp for years. anyway, now is as good a time as any : )
when you look into it there is no shortage of stuff that will slice up loops for you, Poise is a fast one, ( anyone who uses rewire can get a tonne of stuff through the Dr Rex players), I believe that Battery slices ( unless the loop has no slice info. i.e. acid markers etc) and a load of daws have it built in so i hardly use any others these days. ableton slices to multiple samples, FL has Edison or SLiceX, again very powerful.
every daw has some ability to slice to it's own timeline at the least ( all the ones i have tried last few years incl. Presonus Studio One, Reaper et al).. fill your boots : )

So as it stands Transfuser 2 is still the only cross platform plugin that can reorder slices internally, feel free to enlighten me ;-)

Per the OP: "I'm looking for a plugin for Mac OS X (wish I could find hardware actually) that will slice samples and be able to rearrange the slices into different sequences."

and

"I'm open to hear about just straight up audio slicers even if they don't have a rearrange feature."

@ Topaz: Everything suggested in this thread fit those criteria.

Return to “Instruments”