Vengeance Avenger - First Impressions and Wishlist

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Version 1.0.24 out... and the f*ckin' bug about "Sustain Pedal OSC Hold" (from SYS tab) remains unfixed!
Simply unbelievable!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( see below why now I'm angry...
Last edited by docam28 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

version 24 is there guys !
Works perfect here.

Some syggestions, now we can start to work with it:
- add basic sample functions, Start is there, but End and Loop (with X) would be great
- sustain pedal is not integrated in most presets :)
- a way to copy MOD matrix settings?
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Hello

Feature request:

Will be neat, if MOD envelopes will have FREE mode, like LFO's, i tried every trigger modes but envelopes is always re-triggered with new midi note.

V0rtex wrote:Hello

Feature request:

Will be neat, if MOD envelopes will have FREE mode, like LFO's, i tried every trigger modes but envelopes is always re-triggered with new midi note.
+1
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49

godly wrote:version 24 is there guys !
Works perfect here.

+1 for you godly :D

From SYS tab, if it's global settings - regardling as indicated in (outdated) manual page 69 - and not "per preset", why "Sustain Pedal OSC Hold" returns to "No" when loading one of factory preset?

Regarling previous reply by Manuel (msvs) last wednesday (07 Dec) he wrote 1.) already fixed in the next update but... not solved. I'm disappointed to have bought betas for 150+ euros (both for Avenger and for RAPID having same issue), it's the last time (I'm not professional, only hobbyist at home, unemployed and not rich). I consider it is not fair, it's the reason I'm angry.

Dominique
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

Hi!

My wishes list :

- Possibility to type values for all parameters.
- Inverted PingPong Delay.
- Frequency spectrum analyzer integrated in the equalizer FX.
- Different filter slopes in the equalizer FX.

That's all for the moment!
I will probably add other requests soon in this message ;).

Thx to developers for their amazing work!

difficult and I think not necessary: with rightclick you can fine adjust all parameters
- Inverted PingPong Delay.
I do not think this justifies a new element on the GUI. Who does matter if the delay is left or right first
- Frequency spectrum analyzer integrated in the equalizer FX.
we will check, if that is possible without draining the FPS
- Different filter slopes in the equalizer FX.
you can change the width with the Q setting (or mousewheel) If you are in High/Lo Shelf or High/LoCut mode you will also change the steepness with that

msvs wrote:
difficult and I think not necessary: with rightclick you can fine adjust all parameters

--

Not with the knobs that have dedicated modknobs on the right mousebutton

i overwrote the DEFAULT patch and when i initialize i have the factory setting again.... not my default one :(
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

docam28 wrote:
Works perfect here.

From SYS tab, if it's global settings - regardling as indicated in (outdated) manual page 69 - and not "per preset", why "Sustain Pedal OSC Hold" returns to "No" when loading one of factory preset?

Regarling previous reply by Manuel (msvs) last wednesday (07 Dec) he wrote 1.) already fixed in the next update but... not solved. I'm disappointed to have bought betas for 150+ euros (both for Avenger and for RAPID having same issue), it's the last time (I'm not professional, only hobbyist at home, unemployed and not rich). I consider it is not fair, it's the reason I'm angry.

Dominique
Indeed I've found out also, the function does not work.
I think we need some patience, indeed the software isn't bug free but neither is windows or apple.
I think in their passion the developers were impatient and released to early but that's OK as long as you don't use it for professional purpose.
As long as they will keep working on the purpose they can build up a good reputation.
And i believe they will if you see what they already achieved with this Synth.
It's beyond comparison.
I think people are to much nagging.
But i understand their frustration and it's the clients goal to keep pushing for a decent product. Works both ways.

Ow and there's also a bug with the default cc not loading correct.

Latest update fixes all the cpu-issues for me at least. Well done VS! :clap:
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

exmatproton wrote:
msvs wrote:

--

Not with the knobs that have dedicated modknobs on the right mousebutton

if a knob has a inner ring, then Shift+leftclick is the fine adjust

godly wrote:
docam28 wrote:
Works perfect here.

Dominique
Indeed I've found out also, the function does not work.
I think we need some patience, indeed the software isn't bug free but neither is windows or apple.
I think in their passion the developers were impatient and released to early but that's OK as long as you don't use it for professional purpose.
As long as they will keep working on the purpose they can build up a good reputation.
And i believe they will if you see what they already achieved with this Synth.
It's beyond comparison.
I think people are to much nagging.
But i understand their frustration and it's the clients goal to keep pushing for a decent product. Works both ways.
+1 (another :D ) - of course it's frustration, in particular when you expect a small bug fix as announced by developer, for the next release (in fact 1.0.23 -> 1.0.24). However I consider Avenger as amazing synth, and stable for me (Windows, REAPER), okay assuming it's the most important, and be sure I don't complaint for other details.

msvs - Manual

I am a proud owner. I written sometimes what i want but i be better clear now. This is my most basic featurelist.

1. Midichannels, the most beautiful way to add this is through an option via routing in oscillator and drum section.
(see picture)
1.jpg
2. A fft visual monitoring on equaliser whats routed through it, which fx its goes through. Ofc this will be more cpu but option to turn off and on by default in panel and manual turn on or off afterwards.
(see picture)
2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”