Bitwig Studio 1.3.15

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good evening,

Bitwig Studio 1.3.15 is available for download on http://www.bitwig.com/en/download.html. Here is the list of changes:

NEW - Script for Maschine JAM controller.
FIXED - Right-clicking while changing a parameter using left-click-drag breaks undo history.
FIXED - Controller API: add duplicate function to channel interface.
FIXED - Potential crash when adjusting start time of two selected notes in case the earlier note is selected in a later loop iteration.
FIXED - Action "Double Content" stops clip playback.
FIXED - Crash when firing command to adjust clip loop region according to time selection in some cases.
IMPROVED - Controller API: add function to channel interface for scrolling the arranger or mixer contents so that the channel becomes visible.
IMPROVED - Controller API: add function to clip interface for duplicating the clip content.
IMPROVED - Controller API: add function to duplicate launcher clip.
IMPROVED - Controller API: when creating empty launcher clip via API it should get selected automatically.
IMPROVED - Controller API: detect PDF documents for controller documentation - the PDF file needs to have the same name as the main script but with .pdf ending.
IMPROVED - Controller API: when track bank is showing a flat list, it should consider the expanded state in the GUI.

Best wishes,
Bitwig Team
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

thx!

cheers big ears
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Thank you for the update, looking forward to v2.0! :party:
AMD Ryzen 1700X @ 3750 MHz, 16 GB ram, RME Raydat, Win 10 Pro, Bitwig Studio 2.0
F5D @ Soundcloud: MFB Dominion 1 - Chariots, Prophet 12 Canada (BOC), DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet '08

David Boura wrote:Hello,

I'm not sure if it's a bug but Bitwig doesn't detect Ctrl+Alt+2 and Ctrl+Alt+7 hotkeys.
A good way to test this is Ctrl+? / Shortcuts tab, and try hotkeys in the "Press Keyboard to filter" field.

Also this would be very nice if we can use (Ctrl+Shift or Alt+Shift or Ctrl+Alt or Ctrl+Shift+Alt) + Numpad numbers, the same way it works with Ctrl + Numpad.
With Ctrl, no pb and Bitwig shows "ctrl+1", where the other combinations give "...+end" and i'm not sure all numbers work.

I hope it's clear, sorry my english :)
I hope you team have heard me on that one :wink:
David Boura wrote:I have found 2 other occasions where Undo breaks, i want one million dollars to reveal them.
Actually one left, my offer stands still.

Is it just me or the home key actually now brings the playhead to the beginning ?

(Linux)

mevla wrote:Is it just me or the home key actually now brings the playhead to the beginning ?

(Linux)
That's enough to make me rush to the download. :pray:

[Edit] Actually, it works in 1.3.14, but it's a little strange how. If I locate the playhead somewhere in the timeline ruler the Home key won't work until I click anywhere within the tracks display. From that point it seems to work from the ruler and from anywhere else in the track display.

Best,

dp

is it just me or does the graphic interface look cleaner and sharper? I must just be imagining it... Feels more "solid" and I can't say why exactly I feel that way.

Might be just me, but I find it takes much less time for Bitwig to 'refuse' playing audio clips. Going through several projects, it happens quite soon that some audio clips will not be played. At which point Bitwig needs to be shutdown and restarted. It did the same thing previously although I find it took more time to attain that state of no-clips being played in the Clip Launcher.
Last edited by mevla on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thnx .. Have a great weekend! :tu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZCEFNGDXg

Found a big in 1.3.14 that is currently impossible for me to test if it's still in 1.3.15, but im 99% sure it will be.

If the last session of Bitwig closed unexpectedly, when you reload Bitwig you will be offered if you would like to restore the work from the previous session. If a new version of BWS is also available at this moment you will get a second dialogue box appear at the same time. Neither of these dialogue boxes can be clicked on and you're forced to closed BWS, but on reload the same will happen until you update manually.

Already sent it into support but thought I'd post it here also :)
Formally known as CnuTram.

A question about Maschine Jam integration: If I buy this hardware, will its "advanced integration" work in Linux? I am asking because Panorama P6's Bitwig "deep integration" was also advertised and then I found out that it is not supported for Linux at all (except as standard one-way MIDI controller).
Last edited by fuxoft on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the NI Maschine Jam integration! I played with it a little bit in the 1.3.13-RC and was pissed-off that it was removed in 1.3.14. Now it's officially back! Thanks again!

fuxoft wrote:A question about Maschine Jam integration: If I buy this hardware, will its "advanced integration" work in Linux? I am asking because Panorama P6's Bitwig "deep integration" was also advertised and then I found out that it is not supported for Linux at all (except as standard one-way MIDI controller).
It's not explicitly listed here: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... nder-Linux

BUT, I would guess that it would work in Linux. Since they probably use the same core software libraries for providing their interfaces with USB midi, this would be no difference.

Just having a quick glance at the controller script suggests everything is just done via midi, i.e., it should just work.

Excds wrote:It's not explicitly listed here: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... nder-Linux

BUT, I would guess that it would work in Linux. Since they probably use the same core software libraries for providing their interfaces with USB midi, this would be no difference.

Just having a quick glance at the controller script suggests everything is just done via midi, i.e., it should just work.
However, the YouTube video posted here a short while ago shows Maschine running using rather complex proprietary VST plugin. I wouldn't assume this will run under Linux so I am eager o find out what exactly will I be missing (under Linux).

Return to “Bitwig”