Greg Lake, RIP

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kelvyn wrote:Kinda heartbroken:(
One of my absolute favorite musical moments of all time was seeing King Crimson at the Marquee Club when they were just starting. 21st Century Schizoid Man just blew me into a different dimension.
He had an amazing voice that just reached inside you and touched you in an incredibly emotional way... I Talk To The Wind is one of the most beautiful vocal performances ever recorded.
What a sad, sad day and what a terrible year.
RIP
Yep, what a voice! One of the best male rock vocalists without a doubt, also an awesome guitarist/bass player. How sad.

This news ruins my day... RIP... :-(

Turello wrote:This news ruins my day... RIP... :-(
+1 :(
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

RIP.
Love his work in the early King Crimson. Sad day..

In the court is a 900 Capolavoro: the recording, the sound, the concept... He was a siren...

This truly is a sad day. I grew up listening to Greg Lake with ELP and beginning with King Crimson, specifically In the Court. As Steve Hackett said on twitter, "Music bows its head to acknowledge the passing of a great musician and singer, Greg Lake."

RIP and thank you for so much wonderful music. You WILL be missed.

:(

There isn't much left of 2016...

Greg's amazing voice and guitar playing at their best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gxAGj-Svcc

such power and emotion!

kelvyn wrote: One of my absolute favorite musical moments of all time was seeing King Crimson at the Marquee Club when they were just starting. 21st Century Schizoid Man just blew me into a different dimension.
I still recall hearing it on FM radio for the first time shortly after it came out. As much great music as there was in those days, that was one of those special tunes...

RIP

Just heard this today after waking this morning.
An immediate heaviness formed in my chest. I picture Greg forever young, in my mind. I can picture myself holding the new "In The Court..." album for the 1st time in Franny`s Records. This album was to change my musical life forever.

Later, remember seeing every ELP concert in Philly. I painted my `66 P-bass black as was his.
For me, Greg was the epitome of an English rock star. I have never had an attraction to the appearance of any male except for Greg Lake. In the early ELP days he was the coolist, best looking guy I have ever seen. I loved hearing him play, and he was a good player. His Roto-Sound bass strings, along with Chris Squire, set the tone for all prog rock.
Although Crimson tried, they could never replace Greg's voice.
EDIT@zerocrossing - Boz, Gordan Haskell, John Wetton imo were chosen not only for their playing ability but to carry on with the vocal style and range of Greg Lake. That`s how I feel. (oh, an Lake left for ELP. He was not replaced.)

I will be sad all day or for many days. RIP Greg Lake. :pray: :cry:
Last edited by annode on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:Just heard this today after waking this morning.
An immediate heaviness formed in my chest. I picture Greg forever young, in my mind. I can picture myself holding the new "In The Court..." album for the 1st time in Franny`s Records. This album was to change my musical life forever.

Later, remember seeing every ELP concert in Philly. I painted my `66 P-bass black as was his.
For me, Greg was the epitome of an English rock star. I have never had an attraction to the appearance of any male except for Greg Lake. In the early ELP days he was the coolist, best looking guy I have ever seen. I loved hearing him play, and he was a good player. His Roto-Sound bass strings, along with Chris Squire, set the tone for all prog rock.
Although Crimson tried, they could never replace Greg's voice.

I will be sad all day or for many days. RIP Greg Lake. :pray: :cry:
I think that's unfair to say. King Crimson didn't really replace members as much as it totally reinvented itself with Fripp at the hub. I love the early stuff (20th Century Skitzoid Man is in my top ten favorite songs) but the later stuff with Belew is what really drew me into prog rock.

Regardless though, sad, sad times. 2016 continues it's sh!tstorm.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

[edit: dupe]
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”