MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

wagtunes wrote:
Sparky77 wrote:
SteveWZ wrote:When freezing or rendering a track in Cubase 8.5 Pro that contains MODO, only part of the audio gets printed, the rest is blank.

I have tried this several times with different MODO tracks but the result is always the same.
Same problem here.

Also, it wont allow a mix down, MODO is dropping notes.
Hey Sparky, try this. It might work. Freeze the track. Play it back solo'd to make sure the frozen track is correct. If it is, then try rendering. It should work.
Nope, tried that multiple times.
Failed every time.

Rendering or mixing the track didn't work either.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Sparky77 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Sparky77 wrote:
SteveWZ wrote:When freezing or rendering a track in Cubase 8.5 Pro that contains MODO, only part of the audio gets printed, the rest is blank.

I have tried this several times with different MODO tracks but the result is always the same.
Same problem here.

Also, it wont allow a mix down, MODO is dropping notes.
Hey Sparky, try this. It might work. Freeze the track. Play it back solo'd to make sure the frozen track is correct. If it is, then try rendering. It should work.
Nope, tried that multiple times.
Failed every time.

Rendering or mixing the track didn't work either.
I tried rendering here. The first time, the first 20 seconds of the piece...dead silence. I kid you not. The second time, however, it worked fine.

This is very disturbing to say the least. This wasn't even something I ever thought I'd have to worry about.

Seems to be Cubase related, Logic X renders find.

nordickvr wrote:Seems to be Cubase related, Logic X renders find.
Sure, why not? FML.

Rendering issues in Studio One and Cubase that have been reported to support are going to be fixed in an upcoming update. We will keep you posted when an update is available. Thank you for reporting issues and for your patience.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Rendering issues in Studio One and Cubase that have been reported to support are going to be fixed in an upcoming update. We will keep you posted when an update is available. Thank you for reporting issues and for your patience.
Peter, so this is something that's been able to be reproduced on your end?

wagtunes wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Rendering issues in Studio One and Cubase that have been reported to support are going to be fixed in an upcoming update. We will keep you posted when an update is available. Thank you for reporting issues and for your patience.
Peter, so this is something that's been able to be reproduced on your end?
I believe support was able to reproduce some of the rendering issues and the developers are working on fixing any issues you might be having. If you have submitted a ticket about your specific rendering issues, I'm sure IK Support can provide a more detailed response based on their troubleshooting and such with regard to your issue.

tplusj wrote:Is there a way to set MODO bass to play as a "monophonic" instrument? Sometimes when I play legato from one note to the next it does a hammer-on or pull-off, but other times it plays multiple notes. I understand that this comes down to whether or not it is possible to play the second note on another string, and I know about the keyswitching options, but for most of the bass lines I write, it would be much simpler if I could set plugin to only play one note at a time.
There's a key switch to force a ho/po, on the "control" tab.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

wagtunes wrote:
nordickvr wrote:Seems to be Cubase related, Logic X renders find.
Sure, why not? FML.
I didn't read post concerning other DAWs having this problem (didn't read the whole thread, sorry).
So, since Logic doesn't have this issue I was just letting know for narrowing the search.
Something wrong with it?

Peter, could you confirm that Maschine users have the issue of no sound being generated?

dredd i knight wrote:Peter, could you confirm that Maschine users have the issue of no sound being generated?
I cannot as I have only seen the single report and am not a Maschine user myself. Best is to report issues to IK Support who can test, reproduce, confirm, and get any issues resolved based on the information they garner via troubleshooting with those having the issue.

I'm having a volume issue with overlapping notes on slapped bass, I've got a ticket open with support but they don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I wonder if someone could try this and see what happens.
select play style 'Slapped'
Turn the amplifier down in 'amp and fx' so you're only listening to the DI (no Compression)
repeatedly strike the low A1 on a keyboard (note 45) and note the volume
now while repeatedly striking A1 hold down the G below it, in my case I'm getting massive volume jumps, even if I set the keyboard velocity to constant.
Can anyone else replicate this.

ArranD wrote:I'm having a volume issue with overlapping notes on slapped bass, I've got a ticket open with support but they don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I wonder if someone could try this and see what happens.
select play style 'Slapped'
Turn the amplifier down in 'amp and fx' so you're only listening to the DI (no Compression)
repeatedly strike the low A1 on a keyboard (note 45) and note the volume
now while repeatedly striking A1 hold down the G below it, in my case I'm getting massive volume jumps, even if I set the keyboard velocity to constant.
Can anyone else replicate this.
Yes, any tie notes in this register do this here too.

Support have confirmed that Modo does not work at all with Maschine.

As as VST3 instrument, will MODO accept audio input from a DAW? Eg in Cubase 9, this is a new feature. If not currently, this could be a useful feature to use the FX and amps.

Return to “Instruments”