Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Thanks,

I have a licensed version. The memory button save does work. But what does the "Save Preset" menu item means when right clicking on a preset in the library browser? What does it save?

/K

Good news: I had the same CPU/GPU issues as everybody but after installing version 1.0.24 this is now history... with 5 VST2 instances of Avenger open at the same time this results in <5% total system CPU capacity when having them all playing various sequence presets, <2% CPU when not playing, and no significant increase of the GPU temperature with all GUIs open and in default ECO mode.

Thanks for the big improvement, Vengeance team!

System specs: Windows 10 64-bit, i7-6950x, GTX1060, 64GB RAM, DAW FL Studio 12.4

Hm, guys, IMHO you should come up with a real solution for the GPU usage problem. It's simply not normal. Lowering framerate maybe is not the best way of fixing....

Hi,
yesterday hi purchased the plugin.
I think it's the best plugin I've ever bought.
Because it's young it has some issues.
I don't understand why in many sound presets the sustain pedal has no effect. In few presets the sustain is enabled, the Big Tone ones for example.
100% of presets have no aftertouch enabled, we can enable it manually but it acts as modulation wheel, it's too much excessive. I'd like to see the after effect used more creatively.
I'd like to see how many number o presets there are in every family. For example BASS 88 presets.
I'd like to read the preset programmer's name and not the inverse, to understand who created that sound I have to look at the entire programmer's list and then select the preset.
Some cracks and pops appear rarely also when the cpu usage is 20%. I can increase the samples to 256 but I have zero problems with 128 and all my vsti plugins. I own an Apollo thunderbolt and a Mac Book Pro 2014 with 16GB and 515GB ssd.
I think that all Avenger potential is not expressed at 100%...let's say is 10%.
The sound library lacks some analog vintage presets, they are all too much experimental specially the synth side.
The sound quality is similar to Dune 2 but not clean as Zebra, specially the fm side.
I haven't yet understand if one oscillator can modulate another one, for example from the drop down fm menu I don't find osc1, osc2, osc3...osc8.

regards

1.024 was a big improvement, agreed with others that have said this.

For example, I used to get the occasional click or pop due to high CPU, but it's been rock solid today - yay!

But I do have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed by the sound. Is it a Dune2 killer sound-wise? No. Is it a Serum-killer sound-wise? No. Is it a Nexus-killer sound-wise (which they themselves make!) - no.

So that's why I'm a bit disappointed. It's just my opinion though, others may love the sound, but I thought this thing would DEMOLISH other synths at making searing leads, crisp FM. It's OK, but it's not blowing me away.

Ok, on the positive side:
I like the UX model for the synth (with the tabs) - being able to just add oscillators or filters is cool. It makes me feel like the synth doesn't have as many limits as other synths.

Does Avenger not require a iLok dongle?

stikygum wrote:Does Avenger not require a iLok dongle?
No dongle at all.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Just had a massive loud THUMP while programming a patch, then whenever pressing a key that THUMP reappears and the oscillator animation continues but no actual sound comes out of the plugin anymore except for the THUMP. This version is extremely buggy!
I just encountered this as well after updating to 1.0.24 on Windows 10. I was modulating a wavetable and playing with the filter. I think it happened with the COMB setting.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

this update 1.0.24 is in the right way, better than 1.0.23
not perfect but better as before

tested on Macbook Pro Retina Mid 2014 i7 2.2 Quad core, nVidia Grafic Card
tested AU Plugin on Logic Pro X
nice update
- CPU seems to be better for one instance, after 10 minutes macbook get hot but not too much as before Eco mode
- 2 instances startet the Fan but not too hard like before Eco mode (GPU high but better as before)
- Drums output work fine
- stutter sound effect not too much like before
- Fonts look better with Eco mode in Retina Display (with external HD display litte hard to read)
- no Crash till now

this is awesome synth but need time to be perfect

my suggestion : to have another GUI with Flat design ( no 3D design ), this should solve the GPU problem

thanks for Avenger team for quick update and we wish more
Last edited by kanzler on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:53 am, edited 4 times in total.

sorry if this has been asked before but if i decide to buy the synth after demoing, do i have to download the factory content again?
thanks and cheers

Gosh wrote:sorry if this has been asked before but if i decide to buy the synth after demoing, do i have to download the factory content again?
thanks and cheers
No just the synth! The deno version cant load the licensefile

thanks, cookie...

kanzler wrote:my suggestion : to have another GUI with Flat design ( no 3D design ), this should solve the GPU problem
Actually I suppose the 3D to be no problem at all. I guess it´s all about the vectorbased GUI. Too bad. I really like this thing and didn't encounter any issues by now - although my system is everything but topnotch and quite outdated from 2012, running an i7 3xxx. But I do have a dedicated GPU, this helps a lot i guess.

What I really wish for is a font that doesn't look like it's all blurry and written in bold. You got to turn the scaling up to 200% to see a nice looking GUI - but using a 24" Full HD screen at 1920 x 1080 makes you turn it down to 80% to make the GUI fit on the screen. And looking at the 80% GUI isn't too much fun.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

kanzler wrote:this update 1.0.24 is in the right way, better than 1.0.23
not perfect but better as before

tested on Macbook Pro Retina Mid 2014 i7 2.2 Quad core, nVidia Grafic Card
tested AU Plugin on Logic Pro X
- CPU seems to be better for one instance, after 10 minutes macbook get hot but not too much as before Eco mode
- 2 instances startet the Fan but not too hard like before Eco mode (GPU high but better as before)
- Drums output work fine
- stutter sound effect not too much like before
- Fonts look better with Eco mode in Retina Display (with external HD display litte hard to read)
- no Crash till now
this is awesome synth but need time to be perfect
my suggestion : to have another GUI with Flat design ( no 3D design ), this should solve the GPU problem
thanks for Avenger team for quick update and we wish more
Update : - only one Crash happen with 3 instances
- Right click to show modulation don't work

Warehouseparty wrote:
kanzler wrote:my suggestion : to have another GUI with Flat design ( no 3D design ), this should solve the GPU problem
Actually I suppose the 3D to be no problem at all. I guess it´s all about the vectorbased GUI. .
Having a 3D looking shaded GUI with shadows done by vector is going to task the GPU. A flat version is likely the best solution due to far less calculations.

I do wonder whether it's possible for a plugin to generate a GUI any size by vector, and then render the core graphical elements as traditional bitmaps. It's not like the perspective is going to change.

Return to “Instruments”