Transient shaper Plugins, some better than others?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The only one I've ever used that I liked was the NI. Because of sales, I have very very mild case of gas, but when I listen to the demos they make, or the ones where I use it, it's pretty meh by and large.

In this thread: every transient shaping plugin ever made :hihi: So much for narrowing it down for OP

Personally, I use Sleepy Time Records Transient, which is free and quite flexible (link goes to Bedroom Producers Blog, who hosts it currently). It's a bit more involved than your typical 2-knob affair, which can be good or bad depending on what you need. They also make some other great free mixing tools, which are very useful and very low on CPU. Windows only, however, but they have x86 and x64.

Fxpansion envshaper for me.

just for fun: did anyone asked themselves what happens when you try transient shapers on pink/white noise? :hihi:

I guess this is a clear way to test the "detector's" speed and/or type and possibly one aspect of testing the overall objective quality... some plugs fail miserably on this test :P or.. at least you can help reveal some mix/max values the plugin can sound good at especially for RMS/sustained sounds.

Atomic Transient by Molecular Bytes is the very best of all imho. But Audiority's Transient Shaper comes very, very close.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

funky lime wrote:In this thread: every transient shaping plugin ever made :hihi: So much for narrowing it down for OP
Yeah, cuz that never happens :lol:

In the end it's tough. Many choices, people are going to list what they like the most.

Audiority TS-1.
You are currently reading my signature.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:Metric Halo TransientControl is great and was really cheap in November.
Sound On Sound review indicates its shit and that it hardly effects the sound

http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/met ... ion-bundle
Which is totally nonsense ... the author is either doing something wrong or deaf somehow. It is very effective in a high quality sense.

I'm not an expert at all, but, I have a few of those mentioned, the NI in particular I'm not really a fan of. Since I've been using Neutron a lot, I won't go back to broadband transient shaping. I find Neutron's interface to be improved over their older Alloy/Nectar style interfaces. YMMV.

Everyones mileage WILL vary, obviously :lol:

In Reason, FXpansion env shaper. In Bitwig I use the native one and g-sonique transient shaping system +.

Bought Elysia Nvelope due to the ridiculous price. It sounds very different to my other offerings so it will definitely find a place in the toolbox.

I think I still will prefer NI Transient Master for most tasks (because of how brutally "chunky" it is) but this one will be more of a fine tuning thing.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

e@rs wrote:PA sale: elysia nvelope for $29. Time to demo.
I liked it and the price is indeed very good. But the CPU usage stops me from buying it :(. I know it's 4x oversampled under 50kHz, but it's significantly hungrier than my other elysia products: mpressor and alpha comp. And those aren't exactly easy on the CPU either (being also 4x oversampled).

I have decided that Softubes Transient Shaper or Meldaproductions MMTransient will be my next buy. Which one do you think is best of these two? I love the sound quality of Softube but it seems that MMTransient have more control over the sound. This is hard... :(

Ran through some demos of Nvelope,Audiority TS-1,NI Transient Master,Schaack Transient Master 2,TransReckon & a couple of freebies last night

The one that stood out the best for me was the Schaack Transient Master 2,really nice attack on the material I used & there's a nice drive function too.Plus an out gain control which the Nvelope doesn't have,which I think is vital for a plugin like this
Last edited by ere2learn on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”