UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

How accurate are the envelope and filter parameters?
  • Can I set the attack to any amount of milliseconds I want to?
  • Can I set the LP filter cut-off frequency to any amount of Hz I want to?
Dúnedain

Dúnedain wrote:How accurate are the envelope and filter parameters?
  • Can I set the attack to any amount of milliseconds I want to?
  • Can I set the LP filter cut-off frequency to any amount of Hz I want to?
Yes and yes, in the DAHDSR and multi-envelope envelope you can enter milliseconds numerically and define the slopes, in the analog ADSR the slopes are fixed. All filter readouts are very precise and you can enter Hz values numerically.

Thanks Sampleconstruct

Maybe needless to ask but can I set polyphony to any (reasonable) number I want to? For some patch I am after I really need to set poly to 10.
Dúnedain

Yes. Maximum polyphony is 256 voices.

And you can also limit polyphony per layer in the inspector.

...or in the main view, if Layers section is displayed :)

I just got Falcon a couple of days ago. I got everything downloaded and got the Spectre and Jazzistic libraries connected with Falcon. But when I open up Falcon as a standalone instrument, or as an instrument plug in in Logic X, it does not respond to my midi controller. And even if I write midi notes into the track it's on in logic, it does not respond to them either. It lets me play by clicking the keyboard within Falcon, but if I try to record with logic while doing that, it doesn't record anything. Although the track says its getting input signal, no midi notes are recorded. What am I doing wrong?

I suspect your keyboard is not sending info to the first midi channel
You can click the A1 in part section (left) and change the part to omni.
If it works after that, then your keyboard was indeed not sending midi data to channel 1 and you can usually change this on your keyboard.

HTH
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Experimenting with Falcon’s IRCAM Stretch oscillator in remix mode, in which the level of transients, sine and noise partials can be mixed individually, processing a harp recording I did during a film shooting. External FX like crusherX were added on the fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCqL8D7c_Eo

Hi,
Big Falcon fan. However, since (i guess) 1.1.3, i am having trouble getting smooth playback of the synth while the UI is open.
I’ve tried multiple DAW’s (FL Studio 12.2/12.3/12.4, Ableton 9.6/9.7 and Reaper 5.1+) on a Windows 10, x64, machine.

Core i7, 4970K @4,8GHz, 16GBDDR3 @1600MHz, Samsung EVO850 SSD, AMD RX480 4GB.

Everything is smooth, nice and dandy when the UI is closed. However, when it is opened and i add some stuff and play some notes, the sound gets choppy/stuttery. Like my latency is sey too low (this isn’t the case btw).
Anyone else have this problem? Maybe even a solution??

*edit*; i already did the usual troubleshooting; reinstalling, higher my buffersize, change the renderertype (openGL on/off), try different DAW's. I can't try another computer however. Updated my drivers (AMD, Intel, etc...)

Thnx!

Well, after 1.2 release i noticed the follow thing: i install update then and just clicked various presets, i dont remember exactly, perhaps it was one from new patches, so, a noticed that one of them are load cpu significantly (well, that in general is not surprised), but I decided to check just in case, wanted to identify the cause, and began to turn off the module by module in the patch (all, fx's, generators).
And what was my surprise that even after I disabled all, pressing the key still caused CPU spike, quite noticeable, I do not remember the exact value in a percentage (do not want to cheat), but again, everything was turned off, that strange.
I become did not write about it then, decide to put for later.
I think later i will find again this preset and then clarify.

c_voltage wrote:Well, after 1.2 release i noticed the follow thing: i install update then and just clicked various presets, i dont remember exactly, perhaps it was one from new patches, so, a noticed that one of them are load cpu significantly (well, that in general is not surprised), but I decided to check just in case, wanted to identify the cause, and began to turn off the module by module in the patch (all, fx's, generators).
And what was my surprise that even after I disabled all, pressing the key still caused CPU spike, quite noticeable, I do not remember the exact value in a percentage (do not want to cheat), but again, everything was turned off, that strange.
Hmm, the weird thing is; with the ui closed, everything is just fine. Not even 1 crackle. Even not when i use like 100 voices. The instant i open the ui of falcon, the crackling/stuttering and even pauzes starts.

Might be a runtime problem of some sort? I have no idea.....

exmatproton wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Well, after 1.2 release i noticed the follow thing: i install update then and just clicked various presets, i dont remember exactly, perhaps it was one from new patches, so, a noticed that one of them are load cpu significantly (well, that in general is not surprised), but I decided to check just in case, wanted to identify the cause, and began to turn off the module by module in the patch (all, fx's, generators).
Hmm, the weird thing is; with the ui closed, everything is just fine. Not even 1 crackle. Even not when i use like 100 voices. The instant i open the ui of falcon, the crackling/stuttering and even pauzes starts.

Might be a runtime problem of some sort? I have no idea.....
Well, what exactly about open\close UI behavior, no, i can't confirm it on my side (Win7 64bit, Studio One v3). Ie the cpu usage\sound condition still identically in both cases (open ui or close). I checked it just now - created short midi sequence in DAW and run play, then tried open and close Falcon's UI in realtime during play. No changes (including audible).
(For just in case, tested on the very first preset - "Blue Vibe" from "Animated 1.1" folder)

The thing I REALLY wish UVI would do is make their samples available within Falcon somehow. They don't need to make the samples unencrypted so you can load them into any sampler... but something like Omnisphere's sound sources would be awesome.

I'm interested in the Synth Anthology 2, but I don't necessarily care about all the presets. I'm more interested in the sound sources themselves. I can copy oscillators from the synths, but that'd be a pain to do for every one of them.

I emailed UVI asking about this (for factory library) and they said:
There are very few samples in the Falcon librairies actually and most of those have been made by 3rd parties who would like to avoid this so I'm afraid this won't be possible.
So I guess that's a no-go. But for their own libraries (assuming that something like Synth Anthology 2 is done completely by them) I think it would be awesome if the library included oscillator presets for each of the sound sources, in addition to the presets.

padillac wrote:The thing I REALLY wish UVI would do is make their samples available within Falcon somehow. They don't need to make the samples unencrypted so you can load them into any sampler... but something like Omnisphere's sound sources would be awesome.

I'm interested in the Synth Anthology 2, but I don't necessarily care about all the presets. I'm more interested in the sound sources themselves. I can copy oscillators from the synths, but that'd be a pain to do for every one of them.

I emailed UVI asking about this (for factory library) and they said:
There are very few samples in the Falcon librairies actually and most of those have been made by 3rd parties who would like to avoid this so I'm afraid this won't be possible.
So I guess that's a no-go. But for their own libraries (assuming that something like Synth Anthology 2 is done completely by them) I think it would be awesome if the library included oscillator presets for each of the sound sources, in addition to the presets.
I can agree, this is why i almost dont use my UVI libraries, although here are a lot of interesting things (in extreme fx library for examle, and in many other uvi's). Pick out wave by wave, after load patches, is not an option.
Would be cool to see the original samples in a subfolders inside pack, and just convenient preview it and use it by discretion, in Falcon samplers only, ofcourse.

Return to “Instruments”