Kontakt 5.6 Free Update. Opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt Kontakt Player

Doc Brown wrote:This version and the last version create a new dll is that correct? I never updated when the gui was updated because of issues I was reading about.
A new dll's always created when you update.

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew while you're here if I may.......I got the Free Clara Vocal library some time ago. Today after a recent update to Kontakt I noticed the Free Clara Library is now asking for an activation number in the N.I. Service Center. I don't remember it asking for an activation number before. The library seems to function just fine...save/load is possible. Do you know the story of the free Clara Library ? My memory is just a bit foggy as to it's history.... :oops:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:ew while you're here if I may.......I got the Free Clara Vocal library some time ago. Today after a recent update to Kontakt I noticed the Free Clara Library is now asking for an activation number in the N.I. Service Center. I don't remember it asking for an activation number before. The library seems to function just fine...save/load is possible. Do you know the story of the free Clara Library ? My memory is just a bit foggy as to it's history.... :oops:
I had to read up on it TBH; I've been out of the loop for a while.

It looks to me as if it's a subset of this Zero-G library. My guess is that the newest Kontakt version is mistaking the free version for version 2 (which is also available separately) which isn't free.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Thanks ew. The library seems to function properly so I guess I'll just not worry about it. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I haven't seen this posted here so I'll add it in case anyone uses Sonic Couture's Hammersmith. TLDR version: there's a bug that prevents Hammersmith from loading in 5.6.5 due to some incompatibility with Native Access, but there's a workaround in the second quote.
Sonic Couture Email wrote:We are emailing you to let you know we have had several reports from Hammersmith users that the library disappears from Kontakt when updating to 5.6.5, and cannot be added again successfully.

We have reported this to NI and will be working with them as a matter of urgency to get it fixed.

In the meantime, just wait before updating please!
Then the update that I just got in the last hour:
Sonic Couture Email wrote:We think we have found a solution to the bug, thanks to the NI user forum and a couple of our users:

To delete NativeAccess.xml file.

1) Close Kontakt
2) Navigate the following directory and delete the file called NativeAccess.xml:

Mac: Macintosh HD / Library / Application Support / Native Instruments / Service Center
PC: C:/ Program Files / Common Files / Native Instruments / Service Center

3) Relaunch Kontakt - hopefully this fixes the problem!

Do NOT start Native Access again until NI fixes it with an update.

Teksonik wrote:Today after a recent update to Kontakt I noticed the Free Clara Library is now asking for an activation number in the N.I. Service Center.
It never got official library status. I did the same thing, adding it to the library, and got a lot of requests for activation until I removed it and added it to the Quickload browser. The newer versions, Ethera and Ethera Soul Edition are both official Kontakt libraries.

The NativeAccess.xml tip worked for the Hammersmith. Possibly it might work for other libraries as well.

did 5.6.5 bring back the 32bit version?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

No, looks like it's gone for good. I posted a workaround here if you want to use both versions.
Image Image Image Image

electro wrote:did 5.6.5 bring back the 32bit version?
I updated with the Service Center and the 32bit version has been updated. This time to v5.6.5. (R13) W7 PC. The 32bit version has been available to me during every update.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:
electro wrote:did 5.6.5 bring back the 32bit version?
I updated with the Service Center and the 32bit version has been updated. This time to v5.6.5. (R13) W7 PC. The 32bit version has been available to me during every update.
That's Windows though

I was looking at this vid about Kinetic Treats, then I notice that he has a Genesis Library

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rXFr8r03O8

Is that a Kontakt Player library, it is being sold at just $20 ?

http://industrykits.com/index.php?route ... uct_id=166

Genesis Kontakt PresetBank

Reviews (3)

This is really good stuff!
The Young Producers - 17/10/2014 3 reviews

garbage... I don't use this kit at all
swat - 30/09/2014 3 reviews

This shit is sack, no wonder there was no video. Don't let theses dudes bring you down O!!
flatbush - 13/09/2014

Aloysius wrote:Reviews (3)
Who would have thought? :lol:

Save your money. :)

Return to “Instruments”