Predator 2 GUI too big.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried yesterday to work with Studio One, and some VST's on my 1367x768 laptop, and it turned out to be almost impossible. Well, it's always a trade off, on the one hand, you have all those studio computers running on full HD resolution, or bigger, and, on the other hand, you have small Macbooks which partly run on "only" HD resolution. And, with all the features nowadays synths have, it's also obvious to try to put as much on the screen as you can. But, i agree, support for lower resolutions should definitely be obtained. But, if you make the controls smaller, people will criticize that they can read those anymore. :shrug: Not easy to please everyone.

I've also submitted a feature request for Studio One to have scrollbars on the plugin windows (I believe Reaper already does this?)

jasco wrote:I've also submitted a feature request for Studio One to have scrollbars on the plugin windows (I believe Reaper already does this?)
That'd be great to have, and also for other parts of the GUI. Also in Cubase, where it's the same problem. Dunno if they maybe have worked on that with the new version.

jasco wrote:I've also submitted a feature request for Studio One to have scrollbars on the plugin windows (I believe Reaper already does this?)
Yes, works nice in Reaper.

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the Scroll Bars in Reaper ? On my monitor / resolution it's possible to display the entire Predator 2 GUI but because Reaper automatically applies the scroll bars I can't see the whole GUI without....scrolling. Same thing happens with The Legend in large mode. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the Scroll Bars in Reaper ?
That kinda question that it could be better to ask it in here http://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Lejurai wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the Scroll Bars in Reaper ?
That kinda question that it could be better to ask it in here http://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20
Yes I'm aware of the Reaper forums....been a member there for over nine years. Just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knows..... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

In 2016 just all new plugins should be resizable. Man, that can't be so hard. MJUC is built using the JUCE framework and I think it has native support for window resizing (the framework), so it's not that it isn't available for the developers... The thing is that there is still people designing their GUIs using just bitmaps like in 2001, which isn't very fun given the diversity and increasing size of the screens nowadays (just imagine a Synthedit plugin in a 4K display, a nightmare...) :(

Many synths have too many features to fit on screen at once. However, they solve this problem with intelligent and efficient use of screen space involving things like tabbed content (e.g. Massive) or an A/B layout (like Reaktor).

Can you imagine if Adobe tried to cram all of Illustrator's features on the screen at once? Or your DAW come to think of it? I get that it's nice to have everything in front of you when tweaking a synth but you have to strike a balance.

Lejurai wrote:I bought this laptop 3 months a go -_- And AFAIK 1366x768 is very common resolution in basic, less than 800€, laptops.
With a little reorganizing the UI, it'd be possible to fit it to smaller screens. Or flip it over like The Legend does.
Nevertheless, these days it's not that hard to find a 1080P laptop for less than 800€. So why didn't you?

Rob Papen made it pretty clear in the system requirements:
https://www.robpapen.com/predator2-compatibility.html
Minimal computer display resolution requirement: 1440x900pixels
It always sucks when a PC (or a part of it) you bought years ago is no longer supported by recent software - but making a purchasing mistake and then demanding software developers to adapt is a bit much don't you think?

T-CM11 wrote:It always sucks when a PC (or a part of it) you bought years ago is no longer supported by recent software - but making a purchasing mistake and then demanding software developers to adapt is a bit much don't you think?
That is usual behaviour on KvR.. ..First buying then ranting about facts which were clear right from the start. :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Its almost 2017 and some people still dont use full hd res? GUI size is great...wouldnt touch it at all!

The problem is not that with the HD or FHD resolution! It is not like Predator v1! Version 1 has the two resolutions (the small and big) fits normally into the 720p and 1080p resolutions, but version 2 it doesn't fit! I have 1080p in both my desktop and my laptop, but using the small version, is small and the big version doesn't fit in most DAWs.

They should test the design well and calculate the upper and bottom margins of the DAW tools! In Studio One, Cubase (and even Reaper) the big resolution doesn't fit into 1080p monitors. While Predator v1 fits.

I'm using now Predator v2 with the small (default) setup which is rather OK on my 27" but it is too small in my 15" laptop. Those are standard resolutions in Windows. I don't know about OS X, it might with no problems there.

Teksonik wrote:
Lejurai wrote:
Yes I'm aware of the Reaper forums....been a member there for over nine years. Just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knows..... :wink:
After a brief test in Reaper I found that VST3 plugins don't get the scroll bars if that's any help?

T-CM11 wrote:
Lejurai wrote:I bought this laptop 3 months a go -_- And AFAIK 1366x768 is very common resolution in basic, less than 800€, laptops.
With a little reorganizing the UI, it'd be possible to fit it to smaller screens. Or flip it over like The Legend does.
Nevertheless, these days it's not that hard to find a 1080P laptop for less than 800€. So why didn't you?

Rob Papen made it pretty clear in the system requirements:
https://www.robpapen.com/predator2-compatibility.html
Minimal computer display resolution requirement: 1440x900pixels
It always sucks when a PC (or a part of it) you bought years ago is no longer supported by recent software - but making a purchasing mistake and then demanding software developers to adapt is a bit much don't you think?
Yeah I better get a new $1000 laptop so I can run this $50 upgrade. :dog: The screen res requirement was not there on release FYI.

Return to “Instruments”