Lord of the Springs

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lord of the Springs

Ah, no problem at all! Though, ideally I'd share the MUX with you, if you had MuLab or Mux?!
It has the treatments included to minimize the guessing game...
The Mux also uses:
LoudMax64
Voxengo's OldSkoolVerb

and a few little custom muxes of mine.

I will also make an update to the Default bank, which will include a set of drums. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,
LOTS crashes (mutes) in Reaper-32 (win7) as soon as I move my modwheel...

Huh...that's bad and strange. I've just tested it and it works just fine here in Reaper, both in an older version I still had and I updated it for you to rev f1b53c and it works just fine. Interesting thing I didn't know, it saw the 32bit version of LotS as well and automatically bridged it, ignoring the 64bit version...why ever. That worked. Then I removed the 32bit version, pointed it to the proper 64bit folder and that worked just fine as well. :shrug:

What system are you running it on? OS and such?
I should add that I'm not using ASIO drivers, because they are notoriously crashing on my system on everything. Thus I only tried with the the default Realtek drivers. Not sure, if asio may be the issue?

Reaper-32 on Windows-7-64 bit, Wave-Out.
When it not crashes, it makes a very loud noise. :borg:

Reaper 32? Why not Reaper (x64)?
Well, you might want to try Reaper v5.29/x64 rev f1b53c! Everything runs perfectly! No funny noises other than, well, LotS of funny noises! ;)

Ok, I'm sure you don't need that info, but I was curious about why you'd use 32bit...
http://reaperblog.net/2012/02/should-yo ... it-reaper/

...and I can't really find the reason. :shrug:

However, naturally LotS should not mess up under any circumstances, but I didn't make the vst sdk, and I couldn't tell what I was doing wrong, not knowing what exactly is happening on your setup. I can, however, make the above recommendation.

If somebody has a hint for me what I might be doing wrong, I'd be very happy to learn about it, too. I have both 64bit and 32bit compiles of LotS, while both have the same ID. Something tells me that's a risky maneuver, but I absolutely don't expect someone to try and run both at the same time?! :help:

Because I'm using a lot of 32 bit plugs.

That doesn't seem to matter. As I said already up there, 64bit automatically bridges them and seems to have no troubles. But I could be wrong, of course. Bridging can be scary at times. I don't know, regardless of LotS and all that, you should give it a go, I think. It might bring you plenty of happiness.
As a little story for you to explain why I would always suggest 64bit, if you had the chance: I once made a massive symphonic piece with plenty of tracks, plenty of instances, until I eventually ran into the most amazing thing: Memory limit! :bang:
32bit can only deal with 2.5gigs, ordinarily, and I went straight into it. I can tell you, once 64bit came along I was completely thrilled and never looked back! :hyper: :phew:

Taron wrote:Ah, no problem at all! Though, ideally I'd share the MUX with you, if you had MuLab or Mux?!
It has the treatments included to minimize the guessing game...
The Mux also uses:
LoudMax64
Voxengo's OldSkoolVerb

and a few little custom muxes of mine.

I will also make an update to the Default bank, which will include a set of drums. ;)
thanks but i'll wait for the default bank update because mux isn't in my arsenal.

cheers,
tl.

Well, I'm trying to upload my updated Default Bank to the server here, but it's a little sluggish or weird on me right now...
Anyway, attached is an update to the Default Bank...

I've also noticed that some comments in the discussion have been removed, no idea by whom or why, but... :shrug: ...seems to be out of my control. One of mine is among them, by the way, just in case you wonder, if I was censoring there...I'm not! :uhuhuh:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I've just posted an update to v1.0.2. ! It fixes idle processing to release the CPU completely then until a new key is being hit. That's about it. 8-)

Hey Taron,

thanks for the update!

And now I have to confess something really stupid: Did check out your marvelous instrument today for the first time in the correct way.
So what happened? When the Dev Challenge started I downloaded all plugs and waded through them when there was the time.
Unfortunately did not read your instructions nor the description (properly enough). So loaded LotR as an effect. Thinking maybe because of the name of a ring modulator, don't know. And then...
nothing happend :oops:
So disappointed I put it aside. That was not so good.

Now I understand - finally - that this is great work. A perfect instrument for bellish experimental scapes and percussions. Lots to explore. Not the usual "synth" and that's what I like here. :tu:
Will try to use it immediately for a track. Let's see.

Just have to find out (or read more exactly) how the thing with the pitchwheel works.

cheers
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Ah, that's GREAT! Haha...it's a lot of stuff, I can understand the confusion! ;)

Pitch wheel only works on notes that you hold down with the keys. Notes you hold down with the sustain pedal won't be affected. This way you can play it almost like a guitar as well as all sorts of other neat tricks, if you adjust the pitch relax time. Just experiment with it a bit, it's pretty exciting! :)

Great, I really can't wait to hear what you'll have done with it! :hyper:

Woops, I'm so sorry, there's a tiny update up, now. I didn't change version numbers, but I forgot to hook the modwheel scrubbing into my idle system. Just download again, if you may! :oops:

Congratulations on this magnificent instrument, I like Lord of Springs!

AHHH! :hyper:
That's awesome to hear, thank you, BM! :tu:
...can't wait to go back at it and hopefully have some of you continue to give me feedback along the way. It's my first vst rodeo, you know! :party:

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”