Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mladi wrote:
George wrote:7 will be free for 6.x customers.
mladi wrote:Hello George!

I read here that 7 will be free for 6.4 users as well? A few weeks back purchasing of the update (29€) was disabled in your shop now it's back again. I don't get the idea behind to be honest that's why I asked. Thank you in advance!
Still no response to my question. Because of the current 40% off sale (updates not included in the sale) i bump it again.
7 will be free for 6.5 users.
Last edited by discoDSP on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

How do I assign FM amount to velocity in Discovery Pro? Is it possible?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:How do I assign FM amount to velocity in Discovery Pro? Is it possible?
Yes, using Morph to FM Amount knob.

discoDSP wrote:
recursive one wrote:How do I assign FM amount to velocity in Discovery Pro? Is it possible?
Yes, using Morph to FM Amount knob.
Thanks! A bit counterintuitive but it works.

Tried assigning other knobs in the same way, as I see, basically anything else can be modulated by velocity in the same way, can it?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Yep :) including a secondary aftertouch state.

discoDSP wrote:In the meanwhile...

Happy New Year George and everyone !

George, isn't there an inversion at the line "VA Oscillators" ?
:wink:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Happy New Year and all the best to you too, BlackWinny! :hug: :tu:

Happy new Year :D @BlackWinny yes, there is :) Will be fixed on the site.

As said, here it is the overall comparison table:

http://www.discodsp.com/discoverypro/#comparison

discoDSP wrote:As said, here it is the overall comparison table:

http://www.discodsp.com/discoverypro/#comparison
Wow, I am happy I bought Pro. :D
discoDSP wrote:7 will be free for 6.x customers.
discoDSP wrote:Discovery Pro 7 update will be free. Wait a bit.
discoDSP wrote:The paid update was placed for people who couldn't wait until release 7 but nothing has changed. 7 will be free for 6.x users.
Okay that's amazing. I look forward to Discovery Pro 7 in 201-7-! Good number. :wink:
Love. :tu:

The whole story is absurd: update to 7 will be free for all 6.x users but the update to 6.6 isn't? Can someone explain why? I don't get it!

I predict his customers will wait a few years for 7.

George you are working hard to ruin your reputation. If you think it makes sense on the long run to gain a little more just by those trickery you are off the track.

Either gave the free update now or tell your customers when they can expect it. Your comments till now are worthless.

PS. It' fit when i see another 50% off everything from DSP currently in my inbox and of course the upgrade to 6.6 is again out of this sale.
Last edited by murnau on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

The update to 7 will require time. Sorry about that. In the meanwhile a 6.7 release should arrive as soon as possible.

discoDSP wrote:The update to 7 will require time. Sorry about that. In the meanwhile a 6.7 release should arrive as soon as possible.
Hi George:

You raised in my consideration after picking over OB-Xd, but I still think that this move concerning Discovery Pro is somewhat clumsy. The natural move whould be to make v7 a paid upgrade, and all dot updates till then free to all v6 customers. That's how the market has worked since basically ever (with the exception of Cubase, which turned into a two step upgrade thing).
Last edited by fmr on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Yes I agree the versioning has been a bit funky. This will change, thanks for taking the time to help.

discoDSP wrote:Yes I agree the versioning has been a bit funky. This will change, thanks for taking the time to help.
Well, you probably thought you found a smart way (promised full version update to keep the customer base silent) as you came out with this upgrade dilemma. Now you maybe see by yourself that in fact it's not.

Before i forgot thanx for another usless answer on this. I eagerly await what you want to do about it finally or you just keep waiting another few month hoping nobody take further notice like usual.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Instruments”