Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Possibly the bug hasn't been yet fixed on Mac, still they released .24 because of user demand.

.24 completely resolves all CPU issues on Windows, and GPU is within the norm, considering it's a vector GUI.

Avenger is now a "green" synth, in terms of resources.

i just played a bit to make some kind of weird atmosphere with the new version seems a better performance, but isnt it ppossible to turn a MIX knob for stepsequencer etc? i wanted to combine a macro know to sequencer to get a rhythm smoothly but not instantly.

and can it be that the transitions arent so smooth when mangling a wavetable? pretty sad if true cause it's important for soundscapes etc.

here is my atmosphere playing around with my macro knobs attached to various knobs ;D, it reminded me of the great game Dead Space!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6njigkq3fifk ... r.mp3?dl=0
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Sampleconstruct wrote:A tempo-synced mod envelope does not stay in sync with a tempo-synced step sequencer when a note is held over several bars, they run out of phase, could be related to the sync problems in the arpeggiator. How many bugs and niggles are we going to find until the end of today.......what is this?
Could this be fixed please, it's quite an obstructive bug, thanks.

Can somebody please explain why everyone keeps purchasing this synth if it contains all these so called "beta" bugs?

The developer keeps saying that there is very few support tkts from people outside this forum. Following this tread and being one of the few that seem to be waiting until everything is fixed or updated before I purchase, I can not see why everyone here feels so compeled to purchase.

For me there is too much focus on this plugin looking good and not crossing features that overlap with the developers other plugins. Focus and energy being spent in areas that don't really matter for the end result which is sound and being able to produce sound, any sound quickly and intuitively.

But then again everyone keeps saying they bought it like this is this is the last plugin they will ever use. Seems like the developer would be more motivated if sales were down rather then everyone purchasing for whatever reason an then complaining.

emtear wrote:Can somebody please explain why everyone keeps purchasing this synth if it contains all these so called "beta" bugs?

The developer keeps saying that there is very few support tkts from people outside this forum. Following this tread and being one of the few that seem to be waiting until everything is fixed or updated before I purchase, I can not see why everyone here feels so compeled to purchase.

For me there is too much focus on this plugin looking good and not crossing features that overlap with the developers other plugins. Focus and energy being spent in areas that don't really matter for the end result which is sound and being able to produce sound, any sound quickly and intuitively.

But then again everyone keeps saying they bought it like this is this is the last plugin they will ever use. Seems like the developer would be more motivated if sales were down rather then everyone purchasing for whatever reason an then complaining.
You´re totally right here!
In my case i bought it blind (never did this with plug-ins with a demo) due to all the great video tutorials and demos etc.
Yeah, that was of course a very dumb move and i don´t expected it so full of bugs for me.
But now it´s too late for me. But hell yeah, if i had taken the time to demo it i had not bought it for sure at this point.
Not sure why the others which have bugs bought it :?:
Their marketing is/was just very good maybe.

At least we don't face the well known phenomenon that people defend their puppy 'til blood flows only because they bought it and don't want to admit they made an error. :hihi:

I still can't help but wonder what the hell went wrong between 1.0.20 and the release version. Yes, I'm still running 1.0.20 because of all the horror stories I'm hearing. In the 240 patches I've created and the countless hours I've been working with this synth on THAT version, I've had one crash adjusting the comb filter and do have the GPU issue with CPU usage being high (25%) when open. But that's it. Other than that, this thing has been rock solid. So again, what the hell happened between 20 and 21?

When Falcon came out, it became my 2nd best selling library behind only Serum. I was having high hopes for Avenger as well but given all the problems I'm not so sure.

Needless to say, as a sound designer, this is very disconcerting.

the hell happened between 20 and 21?
nothing, if 1.20 worked, then 1.24 will work even better on your system. Just try it, you can switch back anytime if you keep and rename the old .dll

Downloaded the demo yesterday. Upon the first loading the fan started working constantly and the GUI controls were sluggish. Reloaded my DAW and second time was fine. So there are some inconsistencies in working.

msvs wrote:
the hell happened between 20 and 21?
nothing, if 1.20 worked, then 1.24 will work even better on your system. Just try it, you can switch back anytime if you keep and rename the old .dll
Like I said Manuel, I'm personally not having any problems other than the two minor issues I noted above. This is without a doubt one of my all time favorite VSTs. I can't even begin to tell you how many hours I've put into it and how much fun I'm having with it. But with everything being posted in this thread, I sometimes wonder if the rest of these people and I are using the same plugin. It's crazy all this stuff I'm reading. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone somewhere.

Anyway, whatever the problems are and on whatever the platforms are that they're occurring, I hope they get sorted out quickly and efficiently.

The following is not a defence or condemnation of Avenger.

There are always bugs in software, get angry and upset if they are not fixed in a timely manner. Comparing different products is not fair, Falcon is based on a well tested existing format for example. Serum had a number of bugs and CPU issues on release that were very quickly addressed. Look back at threads here and look. Now in saying that, absolutely use this forum to report bugs and inconsistencies, that in informs and also puts pressure on developers to fix things.

Avenger is not severely broken as of now or perfect , give the developer time address all the issues, they can't all be done at once. Personally I think the pluses way out way the minuses. YMMV.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

emtear wrote:Can somebody please explain why everyone keeps purchasing this synth if it contains all these so called "beta" bugs?

Very simple:
A product that seems to behave so buggy and problematic for alot of people should never been offered for sale in the first place.
Rob van Hees

arachnaut wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Just had a massive loud THUMP while programming a patch, then whenever pressing a key that THUMP reappears and the oscillator animation continues but no actual sound comes out of the plugin anymore except for the THUMP. This version is extremely buggy!
I just encountered this as well after updating to 1.0.24 on Windows 10. I was modulating a wavetable and playing with the filter. I think it happened with the COMB setting.
Shit, this just happened again with a massive THUMP, woaaaa....

vanhaze wrote:A product that seems to behave so buggy and problematic for alot of people should never been offered for sale in the first place.
Guess I found someone to blame for a change: the Beta-Testers! :ud:

vanhaze wrote:

Very simple:
A product that seems to behave so buggy and problematic for alot of people should never been offered for sale in the first place.
Very simple:
There is a full demo, you would be foolish not to try and make sure it worked on your system before you bought it. Worked perfectly for me so I bought it, I don't see what I cant buy it if I am happy with it just because it doesn't work for everyone!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”