Spaceship Delay from Musical Entropy (KVR DC 16)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spaceship Delay

@ELassi : Nice GUI ! I like the yellow one the most. But like some others wrote, i also find the colors a bit too vivid and the contrast a tad too strong... But overall it's a nice design :)

One more comment, though : in future version, as it been considered to re-arrange the GUI a bit ?
I mean, the layout is quite logical, but if you draw a line between bottom left and top right, you will find that one zone is bloated with all the knobs and one zone is empty. So maybe it would be possible to move some knobs somewhere else (the spring reverb next to the effect section, for instance, unless its actual position is chosen according to the signal flow ?), in order to get a more compact (saving screen space) and better GUI ?

The first thing I'll do by the way is probably adding more knobs everywhere before redesigning the UI :D

One can not have enough knobs. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfGs2Y5WJ14

- edited to avoid derailing -
Last edited by elassi on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan_C wrote:The first thing I'll do by the way is probably adding more knobs everywhere before redesigning the UI :D
Like... a multi-head mode ? :love:

Thanks for this! Great Little Plugin.
Am i the only one who gets a lot of crackling when turning up the spring-knob?
Ableton live on mac. CPU-usage is pretty high (24% on a i7 quad core with 2,2ghz) but shouldn't lead to crackling :?

Feature request (thanks for being so open to our feedback): Some noise for the tape mode would be great. Maybe adjustable level? Having noise just helps with the deterioration of the sound with high feedback (self oscillating) levels, I think it would help with a little more authenticity on the tape mode.

Thanks for this! Great Little Plugin.
Am i the only one who gets a lot of crackling when turning up the spring-knob?
Ableton live on mac. CPU-usage is pretty high (24% on a i7 quad core with 2,2ghz) but shouldn't lead to crackling
Hello and thanks for your comment !

For the crackling, I have seen the problem myself, I don't know yet why it happens :( I'm going to investigate this soon, and in general when it happens for me, I increase a little the audio buffer size / latency to make it diseappear. But as you say, it's not normal to have crackling when the CPU used, even when it is high, is still far from 100%
Feature request (thanks for being so open to our feedback): Some noise for the tape mode would be great. Maybe adjustable level? Having noise just helps with the deterioration of the sound with high feedback (self oscillating) levels, I think it would help with a little more authenticity on the tape mode.
Yes, I'm already thinking maybe about a new section called "Noise" with a lot of options... Anyway, I think after the KVR DC I'm going to start a thread to put all the FR I got, and maybe to discuss of it with everybody, even if some obvious ones will already be included asap :wink:

elassi wrote:Image
Sorry but......*ouch*...... :shock: (The big red "DELAY" is completely unnecessary and simply distracts the eye).
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I knew one or another would leave this remark on the red delay. :tu:

Read: it won't stay there, as SPDLY will most likely change in near future (as I understand Ivan's comments).

Please make plain default skin and all others loadable if desired.

Personally I love Elassi's green and blue skins the most - of course they have strong colours and a high contrast - that's effing part of what makes them so gorgeous in the first place! And Elassi is of course spot on: you're not going to stare on this for hours in a row, so what's the deal?

Can we please have a bit of harmless fun without old men always having to effing spoil it for us? :razz:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Thank you, Jens.

I'm 100% okay with the comments on the scribbles. After all there's not much in the audio world one can dispute more about than GUI design. You read it on KVR everyday - for good reason.

That said, I like it when someones enjoys the designs, but I also respect opposite opinions (and dig if someone gives useful hints for things that can be improved). :tu:

jens wrote:Personally I love Elassi's green and blue skins the most - of course they have strong colours and a high contrast - that's effing part of what makes them so gorgeous in the first place!
No that's what makes them so effing eye searing in the first place.....
jens wrote:And Elassi is of course spot on: you're not going to stare on this for hours in a row, so what's the deal?
I can't even look at the screenshot without discomfort......that's the deal.
jens wrote:Can we please have a bit of harmless fun without old men always having to effing spoil it for us? :razz:
Can we please express an opinion without some young punk getting his panties in a bunch ? :razz:

Anyway where is ENV1 or satYatunes or ArtVera or Limeflavour ? I'd love to see what they could do with this GUI since I have used several of their GUI's for a long time with great pleasure. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

And there ... *drumroll* ... we face the mentioned dispute. :hihi:

Sirs, I've edited the posts to avoid derailing from the main topic: the fantastic Spaceship Delay. I'd be glad if you, you and you would do the same. Thanks.

Return to “Effects”