UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

@exmatproton
Do you have some kind of application that change your color screen ?
Like f.lux ? (https://justgetflux.com/)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

padillac wrote:The thing I REALLY wish UVI would do is make their samples available within Falcon somehow. They don't need to make the samples unencrypted so you can load them into any sampler... but something like Omnisphere's sound sources would be awesome.
If an UVI library is editable, you can copy the keygroup(s) containing the sample(s) in an empty program and off you go.

otristan wrote:@exmatproton
Ow..yeah. i do use that! Good point!! Forgot to disable that.
Thnx for pointing out that one! :tu:

Maybe a smaller post will work. Has anyone experienced knobs in the edit window sticking as if left click is still held down after it has been let go?

And has anyone else been experiencing some glitching when dragging samples in to a keygroup? Things like dragging the sample to a spot, then having it suddenly appearing in the wrong place.
A heaping dose of outrageously goofy synth tracks, scores and chiptunes.

https://raddlandstudios.com
https://youtube.com/NorrinRadd22

Norrin_Radd wrote:Maybe a smaller post will work. Has anyone experienced knobs in the edit window sticking as if left click is still held down after it has been let go?

And has anyone else been experiencing some glitching when dragging samples in to a keygroup? Things like dragging the sample to a spot, then having it suddenly appearing in the wrong place.

Never had both issues (win10,x64)

otristan wrote:@exmatproton
De-installed f.lux. No more issues. Again, thnx for pointing it out. :tu:

EvilDragon wrote:
padillac wrote:The thing I REALLY wish UVI would do is make their samples available within Falcon somehow. They don't need to make the samples unencrypted so you can load them into any sampler... but something like Omnisphere's sound sources would be awesome.
If an UVI library is editable, you can copy the keygroup(s) containing the sample(s) in an empty program and off you go.
True. But that's long-winded compared to Omnisphere's sound sources approach.

That said, it is something that I can do with Falcon today, so thanks for the reminder :) I hope UVI considers making sound sources more easily accessible in the future, given how powerful Falcon is for sound design.

padillac wrote:I hope UVI considers making sound sources more easily accessible in the future, given how powerful Falcon is for sound design.
Don't hold your breath, Olivier already gave his reply for this.

EvilDragon wrote:
I just tried that with Digital Synsations today, saved one of the samples to the desktop, and reloaded it into a new program. Worked like a charm.

c_voltage wrote:Well, after 1.2 release i noticed the follow thing: i install update then and just clicked various presets, i dont remember exactly, perhaps it was one from new patches, so, a noticed that one of them are load cpu significantly (well, that in general is not surprised), but I decided to check just in case, wanted to identify the cause, and began to turn off the module by module in the patch (all, fx's, generators).
And what was my surprise that even after I disabled all, pressing the key still caused CPU spike, quite noticeable, I do not remember the exact value in a percentage (do not want to cheat), but again, everything was turned off, that strange.
I become did not write about it then, decide to put for later.
I think later i will find again this preset and then clarify.
I reproduced this. Factory preset "Sing to sleep 1.2" from Chords folder.
In Tree section i disable all, step by step. But even after this, pressing to key cause cpu spike aprox. 12%. Ie Without any active modules.
It would be good to know what is the reason.
(Win7 64bit, Studio One 3)

(And Happy new year for topic btw :) )

c_voltage wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Well, after 1.2 release i noticed the follow thing: i install update then and just clicked various presets, i dont remember exactly, perhaps it was one from new patches, so, a noticed that one of them are load cpu significantly (well, that in general is not surprised), but I decided to check just in case, wanted to identify the cause, and began to turn off the module by module in the patch (all, fx's, generators).
And what was my surprise that even after I disabled all, pressing the key still caused CPU spike, quite noticeable, I do not remember the exact value in a percentage (do not want to cheat), but again, everything was turned off, that strange.
In Tree section i disable all, step by step. But even after this, pressing to key cause cpu spike aprox. 12%. Ie Without any active modules.

You have to delete the modules to figure out what is causing it. Disabling the modules doesn't change the CPU usage. I got bit by this a few months ago :)

padillac wrote:
c_voltage wrote:

You have to delete the modules to figure out what is causing it. Disabling the modules doesn't change the CPU usage. I got bit by this a few months ago :)
Hmm, ok thanks for idea, need check it ))
Well, in any case, i suppose that it can be some useful info for perfomance improvement.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Aren't custom wavetables, when dragged and dropped into a Falcon preset, automatically embedded and saved with the patch so that the wavetables themselves don't have to be included with the presets?

wagtunes wrote:Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Aren't custom wavetables, when dragged and dropped into a Falcon preset, automatically embedded and saved with the patch so that the wavetables themselves don't have to be included with the presets?
No, WTs are treated like samples and are only referenced to in a given patch, so it's not behaving like e.g. in Serum.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

No, WTs are treated like samples and are only referenced to in a given patch, so it's not behaving like e.g. in Serum.
Thanks Simon. Yeah, I just figured that out.

I ran into a very annoying problem but I think I found a fix for it.

My new library, coming out Tuesday, I did something stupid. When creating it, I put the presets in one main folder but the wavetables in another main folder whereas the first time, all presets and wavetables were placed under the same main directory.

Like this.

mainfoldername

falconpresets
falconwt

Well, the end result, in testing this out with a customer, all of the presets came up with missing files errors because everything wasn't grouped together originally but are grouped together now.

So this is what I did and it seems to have worked.

I moved the presets (not the WTs) from where they were to the same folder as the WTs, I then replaced the zip file with a new one. Uploaded it to my server, downloaded it, placed it in a completely different area that I just set up and pulled up a preset and it worked fine.

To verify that it was actually pulling from the new location and not the old location, I deleted the WT from the new location and tried reloading the preset. I got the error again. So by placing the presets in the location of the WTs, the relative path correlation has apparently changed. I am not sure how this works as that stuff is over my head, but it does. Otherwise, I would have had to save each patch again with the new WT location.

And all this could have been avoided had I just done what I did with my first library...make sure everything was under one main folder instead of split up.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Return to “Instruments”