Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see - yeah I was reading the right column and thought it was already there

I was thinking of getting the Korg Wavestation as it is on sale. Is there any hope about them revamping the Legacy GUIs so they will have a larger size? Hopefully they follow Arturia's lead with this.

Examigan wrote:I was thinking of getting the Korg Wavestation as it is on sale. Is there any hope about them revamping the Legacy GUIs so they will have a larger size? Hopefully they follow Arturia's lead with this.
I'd get the whole Korg bundle! Actually I did it long time ago. Wavestation seems to be the best of it. As for the gui...who knows!

Examigan wrote:I was thinking of getting the Korg Wavestation as it is on sale. Is there any hope about them revamping the Legacy GUIs so they will have a larger size? Hopefully they follow Arturia's lead with this.
rather than following arturia's lead, hopefully they wouldn't charge to upgrade to a version you can actually see on a modern computer monitor.

nickamandote wrote:
I'd get the whole Korg bundle! Actually I did it long time ago. Wavestation seems to be the best of it. As for the gui...who knows!
Wavestation is really the best? I'm thinking of getting the M1. It's hard to find examples of the wavestation that really show it off. They've all been meh to be honest. The M1 demos on youtube sound really great though, like "must have" great. Totally buying that and the effects pack for $10 that is supposed to be great. 19 korg effects for $10 seems like a no brainer. I dunno about the rest of it though. some of them seem pretty bad like the ms20. The bundle has the legacy cell thing though. Patches out of multiple instruments in the bundle I believe.

systmu wrote:
nickamandote wrote:
Examigan wrote: Totally buying that and the effects pack for $10 that is supposed to be great. 19 korg effects for $10 seems like a no brainer.
They look SO ancient, though...

robotmonkey wrote:It's not immediately obvious unfortunately:
Argh - I missed this too. I just saw it there and instantly assumed it was included in the order. I've never heard of a system where you are expected to manually add things (you are getting for free) to the cart from the checkout screen.

Maybe I should contact JRR about this...

systmu wrote:
nickamandote wrote:
Wavestation is really the best? I'm thinking of getting the M1. It's hard to find examples of the wavestation that really show it off. They've all been meh to be honest. The M1 demos on youtube sound really great though, like "must have" great. Totally buying that and the effects pack for $10 that is supposed to be great. 19 korg effects for $10 seems like a no brainer. I dunno about the rest of it though. some of them seem pretty bad like the ms20. The bundle has the legacy cell thing though. Patches out of multiple instruments in the bundle I believe.
M1 is great also. I just found that I'm using the Wavestation more.

systmu wrote:
nickamandote wrote:

Acutally, I already got the M1 on last year's sale 8)

After installing and listening to it for a while, it sounds a lot like a D-50 on some of the included presets. To me, that is a good thing. Other presets even surpass the D-50.

MogwaiBoy wrote:
systmu wrote:
nickamandote wrote:
Examigan wrote: Totally buying that and the effects pack for $10 that is supposed to be great. 19 korg effects for $10 seems like a no brainer.
They look SO ancient, though...
Lol yeah that whole collection is like 10 years old. I dunno thought I heard they were good. seems like we'd know more though if they were that good. Maybe 10 years ago when they came out. Still pretty crazy 19 effects. Ok here's from the page

"19 high quality effect types, derived from the technical innovation and research behind Korg’s Digital Recorders, TRITON synthesizers, and effects processors."

Oh and for the record I spent some time with vacuum pro today and I stand corrected it's def worth the $20 or whatever. it's pretty cool actually I must have had it confuse with some other air stuff. Easy to get some good sounds out of it. Especially with the Randomize feature :) more synths should have that for the lazy.

for anyone thinking about getting the full korg legacy bundle, don't forget you get it free with the korg taktile midi controllers - along with uvi digital synsations and some AAS titles - see bottom of this page:

http://www.korg.com/us/products/compute ... page_1.php
The numerous bundled license/discount coupons mean that you'll be enjoying popular music software from the day you bring the taktile home. In addition to the KORG Legacy Collection Special Bundle, these include titles that you'll enjoy using with the taktile, such as Ultra Analog Session, Strum Acoustic Session, Lounge Lizard Session, and Ableton Live discount coupon, and Reason Limited DAW software.
(there's no difference between the KLC "special bundle" and normal - they're all the full versions).

Examigan wrote:After installing and listening to it for a while, it sounds a lot like a D-50 on some of the included presets. To me, that is a good thing. Other presets even surpass the D-50.
How does the wavestation compare to the hardware version? The hardware version sound amazing.

I never worked with a hardware Korg Wavestation.
I had used a D-50 in a recording studio in college that I attended way back when, and it sounds really good. Of course now you can have nearly unlimited instances of whatever plugin you want. :)

I just noticed today I can get Rapture Pro for $79 (upgrade price). Does anyone else have it and recommend that one?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”