donkeyt - pop/soul/indie song - Until The Morning

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Frantz wrote:Nice tune. The music is excellent and sounds very professional.

I think the vocals would be clearer with less processing. I think the harmonizers are making them muddy.

Good job! :tu:
I agree that there could be a bit more clarity (my self from 20 years ago is now spitting venom...) but think it's probably as much to do with eq as anything. I think at some point soon I'll have a mess about with the vocals again, probably need to tighten up some of the timings on the multitracked ones and also roll off some of the high mids/highs on everything but the main vocal.

Cheers to everyone for listening and for the constructive criticism and pointers..getting there!

Great song with a feelgood factor and a tasty arrangement. I don't hear any problem with the snare but, after looking through the other comments, I see that you already fixed that. The bass is quite "upfront" but that's not a criticism, I think it belongs there, driving the groove along. As usual, the vocals are polished, and I don't think it sounds like Mr. Pellow. It sounds more like some Northern dood who used to used to post tracks here quite a few years ago :wink: If anything, I'd say that the vocal performance is a good as any your past tracks, and they're mixed very well too. Welcome back.

Good work :)

Hi,
Wow- cool sound and good music.
Groovy. And catchy tune.
Super funky.
Beautyful refrain.
Keep on,
Kind regards,
Stans

Cool! Previous millennium moods.
Enjoyable groovy music
Sound good.

:borg: :love: relaxed uplifting groovy genrepot from the seventieighties with mellotronicles
"It dreamed itself along"

Afternoon all,

Thanks to everyone for listening and making suggestions, and apologies for my tardiness in replying; utterly bonkers at work at present and I also managed to burn my bastard finger cooking (more takeaways required...) which makes typing bloody difficult (excuses, excuses..) but will spare the neighbours my guitar playing for a few more days yet. The new mini midi drumkit thing on the other hand....

It's good to be back, and in due course I'll have a good listen to some of the other posted stuff and make my usual sharp and incisive rambling drivel comments.

donkey tugger,
I actually reviewed your song "Things"(?) on my recent thread, and then I stumbled across this thread. Interesting mellotron-type strings. For me the highlights are: vocal melodies during the chorus, general singing (which reminds me of Peter Gabriel again), and the electric bass. Nice audio quality. I liked this song, though I actually liked "Things" better overall. Cheers!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Return to “Music Cafe”