Announcing Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube (intro pricing through Jan 15 2017)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube Custom Shop AmpliTube Fender Collection 2

Hink wrote:
spacekid wrote:
Hink wrote:
spacekid wrote: And a Mesa Boogie is a totally different amp structure...there is no reason to compare two different fruit.
the first Mesa Boogie was a modded Fender by Randall Smith. I dont know if they still sell them (there wasn't much to them) but mojotone had amp mod kits that with a little knowledge one can add a high gain stage, or a cascading stage (my boogie sob has a cascading pre-amp stage) to any tube amp. One doesn't need the kit though, plenty of resources to learn how to mod the amp and where to get the few parts you need. It's not rocket science ;)

Sorry for going OT
True, they've totally defined their own amp since then though. In all fairness, most amp designs started from the classic Fender. I was realizing this morning that the most modern Fender amp that I found impressive to play through on stage was (for me) an SWR bass amp (4x10 or 4x12(if they even made one)...I was playing Bass in a band about 6 years ago and the previous band to us had one and let me try it out..very tight :)
I dont want to continue this tbh, this is about IK however very briefly most tube amps did not start from the design of a Fender. Leo Fender was still a boy when the tube amps that served as a model for guitar amps came into the picture. You are overthinking what tube amps really are and original guitar amps are absolutely some of the most basic electronics. My three Frenzels are voiced for Fender or Marshall, not two different channels just very simple changes in the input stage with two different inputs. FWIW, they nail both :wink:
Dude. common sense, all technology builds off of the success of what comes before. Guitar amps were not big until Fender and then were built off that, just like the few designs for guitar pedal circuitry which are still being tweaked around..same with computers, computer operating systems..technology just moves that way. :)

spacekid wrote:
Hink wrote:
spacekid wrote:
Hink wrote:
spacekid wrote: And a Mesa Boogie is a totally different amp structure...there is no reason to compare two different fruit.
the first Mesa Boogie was a modded Fender by Randall Smith. I dont know if they still sell them (there wasn't much to them) but mojotone had amp mod kits that with a little knowledge one can add a high gain stage, or a cascading stage (my boogie sob has a cascading pre-amp stage) to any tube amp. One doesn't need the kit though, plenty of resources to learn how to mod the amp and where to get the few parts you need. It's not rocket science ;)

Sorry for going OT
True, they've totally defined their own amp since then though. In all fairness, most amp designs started from the classic Fender. I was realizing this morning that the most modern Fender amp that I found impressive to play through on stage was (for me) an SWR bass amp (4x10 or 4x12(if they even made one)...I was playing Bass in a band about 6 years ago and the previous band to us had one and let me try it out..very tight :)
I dont want to continue this tbh, this is about IK however very briefly most tube amps did not start from the design of a Fender. Leo Fender was still a boy when the tube amps that served as a model for guitar amps came into the picture. You are overthinking what tube amps really are and original guitar amps are absolutely some of the most basic electronics. My three Frenzels are voiced for Fender or Marshall, not two different channels just very simple changes in the input stage with two different inputs. FWIW, they nail both :wink:
Dude. common sense, all technology builds off of the success of what comes before. Guitar amps were not big until Fender and then were built off that, just like the few designs for guitar pedal circuitry which are still being tweaked around..same with computers, computer operating systems..technology just moves that way. :)
way over thinking this, Fender took his designs from well established tube amps...I'm not knocking Fender, what I'm saying is there is just not all that going on inside that tube amp. Maybe one day I'll open up my Boogie and show you exactly what is there. Have you seen my rig? From old school to modern, common sense dude Fender just tweaked basic circuits that had been around for decades. It just isn't all that complicated and surely wasn't when Fender released the first dedicated tube amp, before that tube amps were being re-purposed by people in their basements from amps that predated the electric guitar and they sounded great. Fender was not alone by far, IMHO when it comes to tube amps Fender was an opportunist, not a pioneer. :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
spacekid wrote:
Hink wrote:
spacekid wrote:
Hink wrote:

Sorry for going OT
way over thinking this, Fender took his designs from well established tube amps...I'm not knocking Fender, what I'm saying is there is just not all that going on inside that tube amp. Maybe one day I'll open up my Boogie and show you exactly what is there. Have you seen my rig? From old school to modern, common sense dude Fender just tweaked basic circuits that had been around for decades. It just isn't all that complicated and surely wasn't when Fender released the first dedicated tube amp, before that tube amps were being re-purposed by people in their basements from amps that predated the electric guitar and they sounded great. Fender was not alone by far, IMHO when it comes to tube amps Fender was an opportunist, not a pioneer. :shrug:
Hink, It's obvious who is way overthinking here - it's you. I don't know what it is about this place but people tend to look around for arguments when there is none. This simply started by me saying 'you can get a metal sound out of old Fender's if you want.' Why did I say that? - because I know that. If everyone just took off their Egos a bit more, they would realize I haven't been arguing anything the entire time.

And a Mesa Boogie is a totally different amp structure...there is no reason to compare two different fruit.
I responded to that, follow the string of posts...I never said you couldn't get a metal sound :wink:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
And a Mesa Boogie is a totally different amp structure...there is no reason to compare two different fruit.
I responded to that, follow the string of posts...I never said you couldn't get a metal sound :wink:
I'm talking about the whole line of off-topic. My point is that no matter if an event was just making an amp affordable, popular, and widely used...it still deserves the same credit as everything else. The things in technology that succeed are often tweaked to be better and usually that is why they deserve their iconic status. Even if things from them go on from there and become their own unique things(such as Mesa Boogie). Tweakers like Soldano, Friedman and Keeley are just as great, but not greater than the things they improved. I'm not trying to argue anything or say Fender is king, I'm not a super-fan of any amp brand..if given a room with an amp and guitar, I wouldn't ask what amp and guitar, I would just go in and see what I could get it to sound like :tu:

spacekid wrote: people tend to look around for arguments when there is none.
Wow the irony there is so thick you can cut it with a knife. All I said was that I've never been a fan of Fenders and off you went on a tangent. If it was anyone looking for an argument here it was you....and you simply won't let it go....you keep going on and on. :roll:

Like I also said Fenders would be the last Amps I'd turn to for Metal. If you disagree that's fine... but stop arguing about it...... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

spacekid wrote:
Teksonik wrote:I've never been a fan of Fender Amps although I did own a small one for a short time many years ago. That has to do more with my preferred sound than Fender quality.

Now a Laney Amp collection would get my attention........ :)
The good ones breath a bit more than other amps. You have to spend more time dialing them in..and then just sitting on something good for a bit. They take pedals very well and have a nice headroom when set up properly. That all works better for certain styles than others. It can work for metal, but it will be looser than some like.
Tangent, I was telling you what IS good about them..I clarified that later by sharing with you that I don't prefer them anyway..way to dig things up Tek :)

spacekid wrote: Tangent, I was telling you what IS good about them..I clarified that later by sharing with you that I don't prefer them anyway..way to dig things up Tek :)
I don't need you to tell me anything. :wink: Can we just let this go now ? Just drop it.....

Back to my original point which was trying to get my opinion to IK through their Rep that I would be a customer for a Laney collection (and once again accuracy of sound being the determining factor).

I have a couple of the IK Mesa Amps/Cabs and love them. I have every faith IK could nail the Laney sound as well.....may not be possible due to legal or technical reasons or IK might not think it would sell well but hey if you don't ask.......... :wink:

Good luck to IK on the Fender Collection....bring on the next. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
spacekid wrote: Tangent, I was telling you what IS good about them..I clarified that later by sharing with you that I don't prefer them anyway..way to dig things up Tek :)
I don't need you to tell me anything. :wink: Can we just let this go now ? Just drop it.....

Back to my original point which was trying to get my opinion to IK through their Rep that I would be a customer for a Laney collection (and once again accuracy of sound being the determining factor).

I have a couple of the IK Mesa Amps/Cabs and love them. I have every faith IK could nail the Laney sound as well.....may not be possible due to legal or technical reasons or IK might not think it would sell well but hey if you don't ask.......... :wink:

Good luck to IK on the Fender Collection....bring on the next. :shrug:
Let it go now? It was gone, you just chimed in. You seemed to not understand why people who like Fender like it..so I let you in on a few things the old ones do well..so sorry for your new knowledge. I wont upset you anymore with different views on things.

spacekid wrote: You seemed to not understand why people who like Fender like it..so I let you in on a few things the old ones do well..so sorry for your new knowledge
What part of this makes you think I don't understand why people like Fender ?
Teksonik wrote:I've never been a fan of Fender Amps although I did own a small one for a short time many years ago. That has to do more with my preferred sound than Fender quality.
You didn't give me any "new knowledge". I've probably been around more Amps and Fender Amps that you ever have or will....and that's just taking my time working in the guitar department of a music store and not factoring in my playing time.

Now I'll make you a deal. You don't respond to this post and we'll let it go.....Deal ? :wink:

Teksonik wrote:
spacekid wrote: You seemed to not understand why people who like Fender like it..so I let you in on a few things the old ones do well..so sorry for your new knowledge
What part of this makes you think I don't understand why people like Fender ?
You didn't give me any "new knowledge". I've probably been around more Amps and Fender Amps that you ever have or will....and that's just taking my time working in the guitar department of a music store and not factoring in my playing time.

Now I'll make you a deal. You don't respond to this post and we'll let it go.....Deal ? :wink:
Oh now you know my age and background? -you guys make conversations into such a silly game. Tip: don't dig things up if you are going to say can we drop it the next post..bad concept. -have fun with that.

Who will get the last word? Tune in later in January 2018 to find out!

spacekid wrote: Oh now you know my age and background? -you guys make conversations into such a silly game. Tip: don't dig things up if you are going to say can we drop it the next post..bad concept. -have fun with that.
Yep I knew it.....your compulsion would not let you stop arguing. After you complained about people here "looking for arguments" which as I pointed out is ironic.

Let's put it this way "spacekid". You are in no position to tell me anything about Fender Amps. End of story. I don't like them but I understand perfectly why countless musicians have owned and loved Fenders. In fact my first sale was a Fender Amp.....the commission was most welcome. :lol:

Ok I'll be the better man. I won't respond to any more of your posts so we can stop this "silly game" you started. See if you're man enough not to respond....I'm betting not. :wink:

Robert Randolph wrote:Who will get the last word? Tune in later in January 2018 to find out!
Not you............ :lol:

please ffs stop the arguing.

Return to “Effects”