Multiband stutter, reverse, scratch, tape-stop, glitch: Cableguys TimeShaper out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimeShaper

nordickvr wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I have a lot of clicks, cracks and artifacts, especially with time shaper. Even with slow and smooth curves. MacOS Sierra Logic Pro X, MacbookPro retina late 2013. Is that normal? In the video it sounds smooth. Maybe macOS Sierra and /or Logic sucks (midi FX would be much much better indeed).
I tryed to change buffer/latency etc. but it´s the same.
I'm running Logic over here while not having the problems you've just described.
I'm under El Capitan though.
May be give me the name of e.g. few Time Shifter presets that produce it, so I could see if it appears over here too.
F.e. i just used the pad "ambient intrigue" from Sculpture as sounds source, Logic is on 120BPM 4/4, put the shaper box in the channel and just use the time shaper int. patch. When i now do just some smooth curves like sine waves i got a lot little crackling noises, a bit like vinyl.
Nearly all patches from time shaper (or the combined which uses time shaper too) have this.
I tryed it with drum loops which worked better but also not always.
Maybe it´s supposed to do it so....i just wanted to ask. I don´t like too steppy, glitch type of sounds but i really would love to use it for ambient and soundscape stuff.

Cinebient wrote:F.e. i just used the pad "ambient intrigue" from Sculpture as sounds source, Logic is on 120BPM 4/4, put the shaper box in the channel and just use the time shaper int. patch. When i now do just some smooth curves like sine waves i got a lot little crackling noises, a bit like vinyl.
Nearly all patches from time shaper (or the combined which uses time shaper too) have this.
Maybe it´s supposed to do it so....i just wanted to ask. I don´t like too steppy, glitch type of sounds but i really would love to use it for ambient and soundscape stuff.
For slow modulations without jumps, there should be no crackling noises. That's weird indeed. Would you mind sending us a dry and a wet audio file to contact@cableguys.com to look into this? That'd be great!

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
Cinebient wrote:F.e. i just used the pad "ambient intrigue" from Sculpture as sounds source, Logic is on 120BPM 4/4, put the shaper box in the channel and just use the time shaper int. patch. When i now do just some smooth curves like sine waves i got a lot little crackling noises, a bit like vinyl.
For slow modulations without jumps, there should be no crackling noises. That's weird indeed. Would you mind sending us a dry and a wet audio file to contact@cableguys.com to look into this? That'd be great!
I will try to do so....thank´s!

epiphaneia wrote:
Jakob / Cableguys wrote:I guess we'll offer an alternative "simple quality" algorithm with an update, which will still be good quality as long as you don't do any fast scratches (that's when the current high quality especially makes a difference).
How about a "constant pitch on speed change" mode that would basically only slow down in the places where it now slows /and/ pitches down?
Was that such a bad idea? :party:

Cinebient wrote:
nordickvr wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I have a lot of clicks, cracks and artifacts, especially with time shaper. Even with slow and smooth curves. MacOS Sierra Logic Pro X, MacbookPro retina late 2013. Is that normal? In the video it sounds smooth. Maybe macOS Sierra and /or Logic sucks (midi FX would be much much better indeed).
I'm running Logic over here while not having the problems you've just described.
May be give me the name of e.g. few Time Shifter presets that produce it, so I could see if it appears over here too.
F.e. i just used the pad "ambient intrigue" from Sculpture as sounds source, Logic is on 120BPM 4/4, put the shaper box in the channel and just use the time shaper int. patch. When i now do just some smooth curves like sine waves i got a lot little crackling noises, a bit like vinyl.
Just to be clear.
What you describe (little crackling noises) happens when actually dragging points, same over here.
It doesn't happen when running the SQ, at least not here.
Hope this help.
edit : just saw that Jakob already answered.
Fast guy!

nordickvr wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
nordickvr wrote:
Just to be clear.
What you describe (little crackling noises) happens when actually dragging points, same over here.
It doesn't happen when running the SQ, at least not here.
Hope this help.
edit : just saw that Jakob already answered.
Fast guy!
I know, but it also happens when not touching it at all....i will send a little audio file.
Also it´s strange that i have quantized the midi and start the curve in time shaper at zero but it already "glitch" at the start of the first note.
Maybe i try to describe that in german better....

I send the mail...it´s subtle and maybe it´s normal....i just want to know. Thank´s anyway!

Cinebient wrote:I send the mail...it´s subtle and maybe it´s normal....i just want to know. Thank´s anyway!
I needed to hear it very loud to actually hear the crackles, but yes, there are some undesirably crackles in the file that you've just mailed me. Interesting, we did so many tests with pure sine waves, with beats, and also with tonal frequency-rich material. Maybe your signal is simply the better test signal: Many frequencies in there, yet a very clear sound.

OK, something we'll address.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I send the mail...it´s subtle and maybe it´s normal....i just want to know. Thank´s anyway!
I needed to hear it very loud to actually hear the crackles, but yes, there are some undesirably crackles in the file that you've just mailed me. Interesting, we did so many tests with pure sine waves, with beats, and also with tonal frequency-rich material. Maybe your signal is simply the better test signal: Many frequencies in there, yet a very clear sound.

OK, something we'll address.
Thank you!
It's a Sculpture pad i created. It does some complex but still not too wild modulations and timbre changes.
Indeed some other synths works better.
Sculpture is always my test tool for those FX :D

Is this a bit like the motion curve in Form?

I sure wish there was a good plug in that would let you load up a sample and "scratch" it in real time.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

There are a few.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Hi, is there a manual for this?
I had some questions on the midi trigger.

1. Is there a midi trigger to bypass this plugin so I can selectively decide which part of the track I do not want it to process?
2. Is there a reason C is not available for midi triggering?
3. I guess this is more a FR, is there any chance of getting a global midi triggering? I sometimes may want to trigger more than one module with one midi note.

thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Read the FAQ, there is no manual, will go to their website to ask questions 1-3

rsp
sound sculptist

@zvenx, what host are you using... Perhaps on your DAW you can automate the plugin by mapping midi to the on/off or bypass.

Also you could do some creative routing, even using multiples of Shaperbox to selectively affect specific parts (with instances on the send and return respectively).

Return to “Effects”