Endless by Meursault

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Definitely yes.
I like the retro / bygone-era decadent feel and the way you mixed it up with synth sounds and guitar.
Well balanced bass/drums
Cool glitch thing.
The end is rather abrupt, isn't it ?

Nicely done

Cheers

I'm always a sucker for for something with a random weird noise in it. The (for wont of a better description) 'seagull' noise is a good one. I know you're going to disappoint me and tell me it's not a sample of seagulls but is a mangled guitar/sinthesiser. :cry: I always remember when in my misspent youth I was playing 'Don't Believe The Hype' by Public Enemy and my sister burst in convinced that there was something wrong with the cat. That was a good noise too.

Anyway, nice work, all good and clear in the mix. Personally I'd have had the reverby guitar part make an earlier appearance as well as at the end - maybe seems a little bit tacked on as an afterthought where it is and needs to be established nerer the beginning?

Laguna Rising wrote:Definitely yes.
I like the retro / bygone-era decadent feel and the way you mixed it up with synth sounds and guitar.
Well balanced bass/drums
Cool glitch thing.
The end is rather abrupt, isn't it ?

Nicely done

Cheers
Thanks!
donkey tugger wrote:I'm always a sucker for for something with a random weird noise in it. The (for wont of a better description) 'seagull' noise is a good one. I know you're going to disappoint me and tell me it's not a sample of seagulls but is a mangled guitar/sinthesiser. :cry: I always remember when in my misspent youth I was playing 'Don't Believe The Hype' by Public Enemy and my sister burst in convinced that there was something wrong with the cat. That was a good noise too.

Anyway, nice work, all good and clear in the mix. Personally I'd have had the reverby guitar part make an earlier appearance as well as at the end - maybe seems a little bit tacked on as an afterthought where it is and needs to be established nerer the beginning?
Haha, that noise is a vocal sample I messed with. Great note about the guitar. Thanks!

Yes!
Nice and airy arrangement. I like the sounds (seagulls or whatever animals from mangled guitars) a lot how they come in and how the fx are used. Clean transparent mix.
Work it out maybe? To something more. The drums are stiff. The ideas are here.
I know for sure that it is sometimes difficult to transform an idea into a whole tune.
But maybe it is ok for you like that. Then it's also refreshing.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

thomekk wrote:Yes!
Nice and airy arrangement. I like the sounds (seagulls or whatever animals from mangled guitars) a lot how they come in and how the fx are used. Clean transparent mix.
Work it out maybe? To something more. The drums are stiff. The ideas are here.
I know for sure that it is sometimes difficult to transform an idea into a whole tune.
But maybe it is ok for you like that. Then it's also refreshing.
Yeah, I actually wanted to keep this one very simple. It is meant as instrumental for someone to eventually pit vocals over. Wanted to leave room for a rapper/singer.

Return to “Music Cafe”