22%
30%
18%

Total votes: 390

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

david.beholder wrote:
Urs wrote: The main riff in the original Don't Go is an ARP 2600. Everything else is Pro-One.
Urs if you ever model 2600 both could be sold as "Yazoo bundle". And there might be "just can't get enough bundle" - two above + Boss DR 55 vst. :hihi:
I would bet on a 2.0 version of Wayoutware Timewarp2600 to get it right. Urs would be better off following up Repro-1 with a 5 voice Sequential Prophet 5.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

just finished mapping most important stuff in patcher;
6xrepro1 control.JPG
FX on/off isn't mappable, sequencer + ARP not mapped, modwheel and pitchwheel not mappable;
6xrepro1 wired.JPG
With all six synths on HQ: ~60 to 65 % CPU. without HQ: ~30 to 35% CPU :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

exmatproton wrote:modwheel and pitchwheel not mappable
Nor does it have to be - can't you just route CC1 and pitch bend messages directly to each instance? :)

EvilDragon wrote:
exmatproton wrote:modwheel and pitchwheel not mappable
Nor does it have to be - can't you just route CC1 and pitch bend messages directly to each instance? :)
AFAIK it isn't possible to route CC1 "from fl studio" to each device. There (still) isn't any way to route CC data inside patcher.

Well that blows then :D

EvilDragon wrote:Well that blows then :D
I agree... :clown:

However, playing this contraption is fun nevertheless:

https://soundcloud.com/exmatproton/sixpro-wave

exmatproton wrote:
jbraner wrote:OK - here's a question. There has been some discussion about losing volume on a sound - when you increase resonance.
Now I finally understand what this means, as I was playing with a bass sequence, and twiddling with resonance as it was going along. To me it seems like it loses it's bottom end - but in a mix, I hear the sound disappearing when the resonance goes up a little.

This is how the synth works - so that is not a problem.

One solution to this is - don't twiddle the resonance knob on a bass sequence ;-)
I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas about how to deal with this "phenomenon". What about shoving it through a compressor (limiter) at a low threshold? Or maybe I just have to play with vol (and eq?) envelopes? Or just forget it and leave the resonance setting to be more static? ;-)

rgds,
For me, it depends on what sound i want/need. Sometimes i use a fat compressing setting, sometimes i leave the res for what it is (static value) and sometimes i use the dip in gain/volume for some kind of opening in the sound...
I ran a bass part, with resonance moving up and down, through a compressor (LA2A plugin), hitting the compressor pretty hard - and it sounds good - pretty "even"...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

jbraner wrote:OK - here's a question. There has been some discussion about losing volume on a sound - when you increase resonance.
Now I finally understand what this means, as I was playing with a bass sequence, and twiddling with resonance as it was going along. To me it seems like it loses it's bottom end - but in a mix, I hear the sound disappearing when the resonance goes up a little.

One solution to this is - don't twiddle the resonance knob on a bass sequence ;-)
I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas about how to deal with this "phenomenon". What about shoving it through a compressor (limiter) at a low threshold? Or maybe I just have to play with vol (and eq?) envelopes? Or just forget it and leave the resonance setting to be more static? ;-)

rgds,
Here's an option that works if the mod matrix has both slots open:

1. Assign Resonance to Modwheel (or some other control) in the mod matrix
2. Increase your modwheel to max and adjust the resonance to taste - establish your max resonance
3. Turn on Sonic Conditioner, add some gain to compensate the volume loss
4. Assign Sonic Conditioner Gain to modweel in the second mod matrix slot
5. Adjust the modulation level so that as you increase the Resonance via Modwheel, you're also increasing the Sonic Conditioner gain by a similar/equal amount

You'll need to do some experimenting to get the res/gain balance right, but it's totally possible to offset the two. Also, obviously this won't work if you're using those slots already for something not relating to resonance.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:

rgds,
Here's an option that works if the mod matrix has both slots open:

1. Assign Resonance to Modwheel (or some other control) in the mod matrix
2. Increase your modwheel to max and adjust the resonance to taste - establish your max resonance
3. Turn on Sonic Conditioner, add some gain to compensate the volume loss
4. Assign Sonic Conditioner Gain to modweel in the second mod matrix slot
5. Adjust the modulation level so that as you increase the Resonance via Modwheel, you're also increasing the Sonic Conditioner gain by a similar/equal amount

You'll need to do some experimenting to get the res/gain balance right, but it's totally possible to offset the two. Also, obviously this won't work if you're using those slots already for something not relating to resonance.
I'm going to copy this down and have a think about it. The odds of the modwheel being "in use" by something is probably pretty high - but I'll try to get my head around this solution

Meanwhile - a compressor seems to be working for now.
John Braner

It may be in use by something, but if you're not actually using it in that patch at that moment, then this approach will work. Just unassign the existing wheel functionality and use the above. Also, Urs has indicated we may see a resonance compensated filter in Repro next year. Not a guarantee though.

Thanks evil twin - I was reading that (pages ago) but never really appreciated what it was all about until I started playing with repro-1 the last few days :wink:

I'll pay more attention now... :)
John Braner

jbraner wrote:Thanks evil twin - I was reading that (pages ago) but never really appreciated what it was all about until I started playing with repro-1 the last few days :wink:

I'll pay more attention now... :)
If you go to the U-he forum and hit up the Repro-1 Presets thread, there's a bunch of presets I uploaded in the first post. One of them is called "Lead - Snake Eating Its Tail" and uses this functionality. If you turn off the Sonic Conditioner Gain to Modwheel in the mod matrix you'll hear the patch lose volume as gain increases, but with it on, the volume stays level. Like I said, only works if Modwheel isn't needed for something else though. Enjoy.

Thanks - I'll have a look at this one. (I didn't realise the "50 presets" went up to 55) ;-)
John Braner

This synth really is another u-he bomb! Instant super realistic retro feeling, so original and accurate. By holding down just a key. u-he world domination. :hihi: No reason to keep any old analog gear anymore. Sell it, and buy the whole u-he software suite for the money.

Synth sounds great but there is some strangeness going on with some midi notes not triggering the synth!

It is happening on nearly every instant open on different patches. Basically, a midi part in reaper will be playing fine then for some unknown reason C4 will stop playing. So after playing back a different channel with a different copy of Repro-1 on and the E# notes won't play.

It is basically stopping me from being able to use it! Has anyone else experienced this?

Using Reaper x64 (latest) on win 10 x 64 (updated) with latest full Repro-1

Return to “Instruments”