Allomerus - Here Come the Machines - Last update and Part 3

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

markkuja wrote:Great job.. music fits well to video pics.
Nice composition and arrangement ..
music run like machine and sounds good
Thanks Markku! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Well, I must say that I found the second video to be extremely entertaining, and the new, guitar-enhanced version of the track was good too. At first I felt like there could have been a bit more heavy bass in the second version, but on further reflection I wondered if that might impair the quirky, funny feeling of the whole thing. Anyhow, great work in any case!

Here Come the Machines Part 2
Well done composition and arrangement. Good mix and sounds.
Nice soundtrack but I missed some sound effects for fire explosions and robot steps.

Cool ! Part 2 sounds like a rock version of the 1st one
I like the clear, tight sound
:tu:

Cheers

I definitely prefer Part 2. The guitars + drums are a lot more energetic sounding than the original version. Good job. 8)

Hi, John. I just listened to both parts. I think the louder organ works very well in part 1, and it makes a nice "scene-setter" for Part 2, which has a much more menacing vibe. Great mix, and I think Part 2 could be extended.

Good work :)

davidstiles wrote:Well, I must say that I found the second video to be extremely entertaining, and the new, guitar-enhanced version of the track was good too. At first I felt like there could have been a bit more heavy bass in the second version, but on further reflection I wondered if that might impair the quirky, funny feeling of the whole thing. Anyhow, great work in any case!
Sorry to everyone that it's taken a while to comment but been sick with bad flu... :(
Feeling better now...

Thanks David. I do want to have a quirky feel (but also an undertone) to this version. Glad you saw it that way. All the best :)
Bandcamp

markkuja wrote:*
Here Come the Machines Part 2
Well done composition and arrangement. Good mix and sounds.
Nice soundtrack but I missed some sound effects for fire explosions and robot steps.
Thanks Markku!
The sounds that come with the app that I used to make the effects are indeed cool, but they would overwhelm the music.
:)
Bandcamp

Laguna Rising wrote:Cool ! Part 2 sounds like a rock version of the 1st one
I like the clear, tight sound
:tu:

Cheers

Thanks Laguna Rising. Glad you enjoyed it... :)
Bandcamp

Frantz wrote:I definitely prefer Part 2. The guitars + drums are a lot more energetic sounding than the original version. Good job. 8)
Thanks Frantz. More energy for conflict was the idea... The first one is meant to be more quaint. I feel we are at a cusp in regard to machines, where will they go??? Helpful assistants or overlords?

Maybe Cyborgs?

:)
Bandcamp

seismic1 wrote:Hi, John. I just listened to both parts. I think the louder organ works very well in part 1, and it makes a nice "scene-setter" for Part 2, which has a much more menacing vibe. Great mix, and I think Part 2 could be extended.

Good work :)
Thanks Tim!
Didn't want to extend them as they are an exercise in constraint, but then again...
Now for part three...
;)
Bandcamp

i liked part 2 better, it sounded more like classic Allomerus.
and the video was epic. entertaining stuff!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:i liked part 2 better, it sounded more like classic Allomerus.
and the video was epic. entertaining stuff!
Thanks layzer. Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you, been laid up with very bad flu, now feeling better...

Glad you enjoyed it!
Bandcamp

Hi Everyone,
Final update for this. This part is meant to be the aftermath...

Part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn29fsxz1WU
Bandcamp

Listened to all three in the row. The third part is my personal favourite, but the second one I think is the most impressive in terms of arrangement and composition, I love polyrhythmic music and what you've done here is incredible :) And the whole concept to present one musical theme with completely different flavours is interesting ( i love how the main theme suddenly appears in the end of the third piece).

But ... the first video scared the hell out of me, am I the only one?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Music Cafe”